It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sasquatch/Neanderthal connection

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Is it possible that Sasquatch is the primate in line before the Neanderthal in the evolutionary chain? Just a thought I may be way off but would like to hear your thoughts.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by swampcricket

Doubtful.
Most important is the sizes of the 2.
Neanderthals were short, with compact, powerful bodies. This was most likely an adaptation evolved to conserve heat in ice age Europe.
Sasquatch, on the other hand, is known as bigfoot due its huge size(especially the feet)..which definitely doesnt fit the bones unearthed thus far of neanderthals.

Interestingly, the largest brain capacities ever found are those of neanderthals....though we cant yet determine to what degree this size relates to its relative intelligence...

If I were taking a guess, i would say that Gigantopithecus fossilizedd footprints and/or bones account for many of the stories since i am not aware of us ever sharing the earth with them...but who knows when discussing such epic swaths of time...

As for modern sightings, your guess is as good as mine....personally gorillas are pretty dang bigfoot-like IMHO..l

Hope this helps

-chris

link   

A gigantic ape, measuring about 10 feet tall and weighing up to 1,200 pounds, co-existed alongside humans, a geochronologist has discovered.

dailynews.mcmaster.ca...

link   

I'm not discrediting the theory but I was wondering how you came to this thought. Do you have evidence as in read something that sparked it? Why would you think that Sasquatch came first rather than after? Can you give us more of your thoughts?

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

It was just a thought all species adapt to their environments so it is possible that the Bigfoot shrunk kinda like the hobbit they found on that island it shrank to fit its environment.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   
No neanderthal connection,but rather a new world ape connection.

There are apes in South America,why are there no"advanced apes" as there were in Africa?

The fossil evidence for new world monkeys is surprisingly slim; to date, the earliest genus yet identified is Branisella, which lived in South America between 30 and 25 million years ago. Typically for a new world monkey, Branisella was relatively small, with a flat nose and a prehensile tail (oddly enough, old world monkeys never managed to evolve these grasping, flexible appendages). How did Branisella and its fellow new world monkeys make it all the way from Africa to South America? Well, the stretch of Atlantic Ocean separating these two continents was about one-third shorter 40 million years ago than it is today, so it's conceivable that some small old world monkeys made the trip accidentally, on floating thatches of driftwood.

dinosaurs.about.com...

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   

There was a really good thread I participated in last year wondering if Bigfoot/Sasquatch was Neanderthal and it went in many directions. I thought maybe you would like to read it and the evidence that was provided so you could expand or alter your theory. Again I am not discrediting you or your theory I just would like to see more of a picture of your theory. Here's that thread....Is Bigfoot a remnant of Neanderthal?

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

Haha wow that's cool I've never heard of that giant gorilla thing

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by doodles40
reply to post by RealSpoke

Haha wow that's cool I've never heard of that giant gorilla thing

That's the most common theory regarding sasquatches, and they have certain apelike physical features which suggests that this theory may be correct.

new topics

top topics

join