It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did NASA "bomb" the moon to hide something?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Space is a very harsh enviroment and the spacecraft/rockets used are complex machines where many
things can and often do go wrong

This was especially true in early days of space flight when was new and untried, where engineers were "working
out the bugs"

For example many of the Ranger photo probes failed before the last 3 succeeded ( 3 for 9)

Around the end of Block 2, it was discovered that a type of diode used in previous missions produced problematic gold-plate flaking in the conditions of space. This may have been responsible for some of the failures

While rockets and spacecraft are more reliable today things can and still go wrong

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I can understand them not wanting anyone to draw graffiti all over the lunar landers, as they are of historical significance. I really believe however that if another country lands astronauts on the moon anywhere near American landing sites, they WILL explore near them for the simple fact that they want to know WHAT America was looking at or for, or doing on the moon.

I suppose if these other countries do not harbor any feelings that America was not being upfront about the lunar missions, then they may not disturb these sites. But if they have any inkling that the US was doing something they weren't talking about, you can bet they will want to check it out. It may not be alien-related, but related to building weapons platforms or bases on the moon. That is much more likely.

Do you think any country, especially the USA, will avoid weaponizing space or the moon just because they said they wouldn't? Ha Ha...They will want to keep it secret however, which leads me to believe that anything they "left" on the moon that wasn't supposed to be seen may have been placed shallowly underground. This wouldn't have happened on the 1st lunar landing, but subsequent landings could have each carried materials to work on "whatever" they wanted up there. It would be less conspicuous to put a missile platform on the moon than in orbit, which is the only other solution imo.

But this is a heavy undertaking, and I don't know if the US could have pulled this off at the time, unless of course there actually IS a secret space program. I agree that no organization that has classified materials can be trusted, because they have an agenda, which is to protect what they know. So even things that sound implausible could in fact be possible, and the public would not know the truth. The whole crashing spacecraft into the moon felt strange to me, even after understanding the what and why. I am a heavy debunker on most things on this site, but stuff like this is definitely plausible.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
This thread should stay on front page for atleast a year.

"We are seeing everything"

Star n flagged
Nice one
------------ > ♔ Slayer69

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by DumbTopSecretWriters

Thanks for the vote of confidence. I'm out.

Everyone have a great and safe weekend.

PEACE

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Could JAXA and NASA have been involved in a cover up of something that has been known about on the moon since the Apollo era but was of no concern [since no other nation ventured manned landings] to the moon? I'm not talking about photographing or landing probes like the Russians have done but actually stepping foot on it's surface

I have always wondered why we never went back to two step on the moon. Either we didn't find nothing interesting on the moon or we found something big. If we found something big, then I can see the cover up. I just never have understood why so much was made about landing man on the moon only to not have taken it even further. IMO, a moon base should have been there years ago.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Did NASA "bomb" the moon to hide something?

Yes

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

@ neo96

I would urge you to read through the 600 pages of Dark Moon and then see if you will accept maybe the apollo moonwalks were faked. I try to read books on a subject, I have several on the 911 black op, for example,and the authors supply tons of evidence and observation that effectively counters the talking heads of guvmint spin people.

Or tell me what your sources you that would refute the numerous anomalies cited in Dark Moon buy Bennett et al. Nasa spokespeople do not count. I was in the news media half my working life and my editor bosses came back from a meeting in the 1980s to report that newspapers were too institutional..relying only institutins for info...My stories often went to citizens who had counter view points on an issue. I never wanted to just regurgitate government handouts.

D

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   
more likely scenario that the world is going to end soon and they are leaving technology behind for the chance that if the human race survives and manages to create technology to get back to the moon, they will have technology to to further advance more than we could.

Considering that the crafts were driven deep into a crater

or if not then we have to ask questions like why wont you tell us why,

we ae we going to stand up for rights not civil rights, not racial rights but human rights.

RESIST THE APPLE MOVEMENT!
edit on 27-5-2012 by ShadowZion because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Hey Slay!
Boy this thread got me thinking back to debates my dad and I use to have. Back then, we were talking about the US launching nukes on a secret mission sometime in the 90's. I'll toss them out there for you for your story.
1) According to Wikipedia, the Russians were the first on the moon, though it says it was unmanned. Wiki
2) There are a few who believe that the moon wasn't always in orbit around Earth Earth w/o Moon

So in short, you could approach your story by saying the bombings by the allies (US/Japan) were done because the Russians got the upper hand with base building gone mad, or all countries had an off planet truce until someone (US/Russia) messed up and they went to war in space. Or better yet, they had a bad accident with their joint base and had to get rid of it before the accident was discovered.
OR,
The other worldy race was ready to either
1) start a full scale war against earth because we were polluting space or even invading their space...
2) leave our orbit, taking their mothership, the moon, with them.
Great thread by the way.
da

PS, there was a story about Atlantis concerning the survivors and memory loss. I can't find it now, but it kinda coincides with the Mayan long count/Planet x - Nibiru passing which is supposed to mess with the magnetic fields of the earth and our brain activity. Only added this because of some of the info provided on the Earth w/o moon theory and someone else mentioning that we humans could have done space travel eons ago but for some reason forgot. Toodles!
edit on 27-5-2012 by DaWhiz because: add PS

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by niceguybob
WOW! There's your script for the movie. As the movie opens, it's showing the moon was placed here near our orbit, a little DNA dust, and flash forward the evolution of Earth today. (Like a quick million year fast forward)

NOW? We have these aliens coming back to "borrow or steal" the moon for another planet, and they want to try something new with their "projects."

Bigger then Men In Black I tellya. AND without the moon gravity?
The new maps of the world make sense to me now.

Uh OHHHHHH.

We're doomed.

Cheers!

A movie.

Let me give you a movie.

TextThe prevailing hypothesis today is that the Earth–Moon system formed as a result of a giant impact: a Mars-sized body hitting the newly formed proto-Earth, blasting material into orbit around it, which accreted to form the Moon.[18] Giant impacts are thought to have been common in the early Solar System. Computer simulations modelling a giant impact are consistent with measurements of the angular momentum of the Earth–Moon system and the small size of the lunar core; they also show that most of the Moon came from the impactor, not from the proto-Earth.[

The prevailing hypothesis today is that the Earth–Moon system
The Moon is the only natural satellite of the Earth,

is it a sequel to this movie?

www.go-astronomy.com...

You cant even imagine how many 'Moon/satellites' it took to create the heart beat of just one planet..and how many failed attempts aswell.

The Moon is the only natural satellite of the Earth,

I Guess all the other moons

formed as a result of a giant impact:

Huh?

edit on 27-5-2012 by LastProphet527 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
Could they have tried to head off some discoveries on the moon? KAGUYA was crashed onto the moon then a short time later NASA crashed their own. Now I don't know where these two supposedly crashed but doesn't it seem odd that not one but two closely timed space crafts from Allied nations would within a very short amount of time crash two into the lunar surface?

Add India's Chandrayaan Moon probe that crashed (Or made to crash?) during that period due to reasons mostly unknown! But they say it was due to 'overheating' and gravity irregularities! Was it so?

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I suppose you all know that China has not released any photos of two missions to the Moon. They have however released a few publicity shots with the boss man looking at the images and studying them etc. The launches were shown on TV then simulations to show the spacecraft flying through space and the stages separating etc. Same with the parts of the space station they are now building.

Before the LCROSS mission, everyone said how the would be masses of regolith kicked up by the impact but when the thing happened it was a big old flop. Nothing was seen by the various groups watching at the time and then after a few days NASA suddenly released the images of "what had been photographed". Absolute BS if you ask me. I have a feeling that the space craft was supposed to take pictures as it went down and to send them back before it hit, but I am not sure we saw anyth of those did we? Of course, the crater was on the far side of the Moon which is a little strange I feel. If you want to impact the moons surface, then why do it where you cannot see it from Earth - the only reason I can think of is that they dont want all the different countries training their telescopes on the imapct site and seeing all the bodies and alien artifats flying about out into space.

Then there is the mysterious loss of the Indian spacecraft and the missing 40,000+ images that were transmitted back to Earth before it went AWOL and have never been released yet.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by OrionHunterX

Seems to me that this is possibly a bit more in-depth of a discussion than I first anticipated.

Thanks for reminding me of the incident.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I find myself wondering why NASA does not want anyone poking around the big crater left by the LCROSS impact cause surely there is nothing left to disturb there other than a pretty big crater and some bits of the LCROSS orbiter or maybe there is evidence left there of what they did not entirely eradicate........

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trillium
Ya sort of goes hand in hand with why we never when back offically that is
Still think they are hiding something up there

Thanks to Space X and other private space launch companies, were going back, and sooner then many think. At least we better. I sunk a lot of my own money in companies intent on doing just that!

jra

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
KAGUYA was crashed onto the moon then a short time later NASA crashed their own. Now I don't know where these two supposedly crashed but doesn't it seem odd that not one but two closely timed space crafts from Allied nations would within a very short amount of time crash two into the lunar surface?

The thing is, the majority of all probes sent to the Moon are deliberately impacted into the Lunar surface at the end of there mission. Due to the Moon's "lumpy" gravity, it will bring down any orbiter eventually, but it's better to bring them down deliberately rather than have them come down at an unknown time and location.

As for the impact of the Apollo S-IVB rocket stages. The impact of Apollo 13's S-IVB stage had nothing do with the accident that happened on that mission. A total of 5 S-IVB stages (from Apollo's 13 -17) all impacted into the Moon deliberately for the seismic experiment packages left at some of the Apollo landing sites.

Also here's a list of all the man made objects on the Moon and there locations. This includes the things that were crashed into the Moon as well.

List of artificial objects on the Moon

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   

can anybody who has read "Penetration" confirm my claim?

Yes, that's what he claims. In fact, I believe there are some official documents out there that corroborate the information that there is a slight atmosphere on the moon. It is very thin as far as density and very thin as far as how far above the surface it extends.

And, of course, the moon has 1/6 earth gravity, so it makes sense it would tend to collect gasses to some extent.

Swan claims he saw human-like people of some sort running around on the moon's surface sans space suits via remote viewing, and they "saw" him as well even though he was not physically there.

It's a good read.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by djmarcone

can anybody who has read "Penetration" confirm my claim?

Yes, that's what he claims. In fact, I believe there are some official documents out there that corroborate the information that there is a slight atmosphere on the moon. It is very thin as far as density and very thin as far as how far above the surface it extends.

And, of course, the moon has 1/6 earth gravity, so it makes sense it would tend to collect gasses to some extent.

Swan claims he saw human-like people of some sort running around on the moon's surface sans space suits via remote viewing, and they "saw" him as well even though he was not physically there.

It's a good read.

actually he says reluctantly that those being are Butt Naked
second half of the book he goes on to tell exactly how a spin is woven so who knows if what he says is true and he admits he cant prove anything......
what a fun read that was
thanks for the reply

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by ShadowZion

Just to be objective theres a wealth of info in a book a friend turned me onto about craters being used as domed cities, the book is called:

The millenial project: colonizing the galaxy - in 8 easy steps by Marshal T. Savage, it is an excellent read, and i strongly recommend it.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by jra

Great link. I'll check it out and.

Thanks for participating in the discussion Havent seen you about in a while

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join