It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You know that feeling when you're really high?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   
not that high.

I mean like when you're really high up in a tower, and you feel it in your stomach.
I just got that momentarily while sitting in my chair, at groundlevel, and had a new thought.
Not a groundbreaking revelation but one you can ponder nonetheless.

We are really high right now, sitting above tons of rock and magma for kilometres (or miles lol)..
and the 'bottom' is simply the other side of the planet.

just look down at your floor and imagine you can see through for miles, it runs deep...

i'll never be able to look at 'groundlevel' the same again

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Yea, it's pretty wicked huh?

Now think about how it becomes more and more like hot tar and gradually liquid rock more towards the center. What kind of dense ball of super hot liquid turns around in the center and how can we create that in an ipad?
edit on 26-5-2012 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
lol, I'm only feeling woozie and high from my medication. I feel so weird. But it helps with the pain.
edit on 26-5-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   
For the same of imagination I found this;

''I have collaborated with a friend of mine in Japan. We each put a slice of bread on the floor.

Made an earth sandwich.''

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

Sounds like you're about 25000 miles high already but why not get higher.

Right ?

My wife when she gets close to the edge of anything when she is high up ? Say she's looking out over the edge of a building. She has a sickness that makes her want to jump. If I don't hold on to her she might actually do it. It's that strong and uncontrolable.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   

I thought you were going to be talking about marijuana.

I was going to reply, "Yeah, I thought I broke records in height achieved"

But you disappoint.

Wonder what reason my post is going to be censored with?

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Even weirder than that (to me at least) is when you actually try to imagine that we're on a rock floating through almost infinite space.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   
I used to wonder and still do a little, that when you get a little too tipsy and get the head spins, if this is your sub consience feeling the rotation of the earth.

I mean maybe our senses are really toned down when we are straight and sober on this planet.

The planet spins at a high speed, why couldn't you somehow sense this when your mind is in a different state?

I used to ponder this question back in my partying days.

Sorry that is all I have to contribute.

On the heights note, I really am affraid of heights. But my job does not allow that kind of fear. It is a part of the job when you have to set HVAC equipment by crane on top of a 3 story building. Not to mention the crazy lifts that you have to use to get some duct work up in a gym

I am getting used to it. I still do not like climbing a 24 or 32 foot ladder because there is no other access to the roof

edit on 26-5-2012 by liejunkie01 because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-5-2012 by liejunkie01 because: speling again

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

My wife when she gets close to the edge of anything when she is high up ? Say she's looking out over the edge of a building. She has a sickness that makes her want to jump. If I don't hold on to her she might actually do it. It's that strong and uncontrolable.

She sounds like a real keeper

Yeah i hate that feeling of vertigo

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Bodhi7

Yeah this creeps me out a lot. I always think about this when I'm drinking for some reason. I'll go outside, stare up at the stars and think to myself "Jesus Christ... we're all in the middle of nowhere."

Yeah, I'm one of those weird quiet drunks that ponders the nature of existence lol. Alcohol makes me think deeper for some reason.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 03:25 AM
link   
It's funny you should post this. I thought you meant "high" high. I am currently dying of allergies. I am very heavily medicated now. I am almost tripping balls. LOL

on a side note. You know that feeling when you willing want to disconnect from your body.
My eyes are watery and sore, my face and nose are red and swollen, I can't breathe, eat, smoke cigarettes.....!!!

I would gladly trade a mild coma for a bit if it meant being detached from my body. That would be cool....to like detach from our bodies at will and go planet sailing. Like as soon as we let go we are thrown into the earth's currents and we could just watch it as we float around.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by BIHOTZ
It's funny you should post this. I thought you meant "high" high. I am currently dying of allergies. I am very heavily medicated now. I am almost tripping balls. LOL

on a side note. You know that feeling when you willing want to disconnect from your body.
My eyes are watery and sore, my face and nose are red and swollen, I can't breathe, eat, smoke cigarettes.....!!!

I would gladly trade a mild coma for a bit if it meant being detached from my body. That would be cool....to like detach from our bodies at will and go planet sailing. Like as soon as we let go we are thrown into the earth's currents and we could just watch it as we float around.

You are off your rocker mate.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by TiM3LoRd

She keeps my ass out of trouble Time .

No but she really is.
She just brought me coffe.
edit on 26-5-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

She keeps my ass out of trouble Time .

No but she really is.
She just brought me coffe.
edit on 26-5-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

What more can you ask for mate. good coffee is hard to find lol

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Yeah...have you ever gotten that feeling when even the refrigerator seems like its miles away and you don't even want to move from where you are sitting? ohhh not that kind of high my bad!

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I have that as well, I just wanna jump.. nothing to do with suicide or anything like that, I just have this unexplainable urge.. pretty weird.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLaughingGod

I thought I was the only one

I think I was a bird in the last life or something.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   

I was just thinking I would like some coffee, and now you all just bothered me that I am a women and can never have the pleasure of someone serving me coffee when I might like some

:sigh: ohh well.... at least I wont have to work after I get married

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Like the feeling when your moving really fast. Right now you feel like your not moving at all, yet we are traveling with the earth thousands of mph/kph. Trippy

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   
I am currently sitting, pondering OP's post....

And I keep getting vertigo.. WHOOOOAH.

Neat. S+F for you, for tricking my brain.

P.S - you are now all consciously breathing.

new topics

top topics

join