It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Memorial Day - "I'm Pat Tillman why are you shooting at me?"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   
In honor of Memorial Day think we should all remember Pat Tillman who was fragged by Special
Ops cause he was going to blow the whistle on the real reason we are in Afghanistan...Opium.

Peace

edit on 26-5-2012 by BABYBULL24 because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-5-2012 by BABYBULL24 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 03:28 AM
link   
RIP

If only he would have just taken the football gig

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by BABYBULL24
In honor of Memorial Day think we should all remember Pat Tillman who was fragged by Special
Ops cause he was going to blow the whistle on the real reason we are in Afghanistan...Opium.

I watched the Tillman story when it first came out. My own take from this documentary was not that Tillman was going to expose the opium trade but more that he generally resented the US presence in Afghanistan. He saw first hand the waste, death and utter futility of an unjustified war. The ensuing cover-up by military officials clearly added more questions which the Tillman family will never get the truth on. Obviously a case of fratricide, especially upon an american sports hero, would be a PR disaster for likes of recruitment, not to mention maintaining the notion that "stars" serve a greater purpose. I believe the day should not be centred on an individual rather anyone who has had to endure the stupidity of war in general.

brill
edit on 26-5-2012 by brill because: (no reason given)

join