It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pretty low in my book: It's payback time: don't expect sympathy – Lagarde to Greeks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   
It's payback time: don't expect sympathy – Lagarde to Greeks

The International Monetary Fund has ratcheted up the pressure on crisis-hit Greece after its managing director, Christine Lagarde, said she has more sympathy for children deprived of decent schooling in sub-Saharan Africa than for many of those facing poverty in Athens.

Asked whether she is able to block out of her mind the mothers unable to get access to midwives or patients unable to obtain life-saving drugs, Lagarde replies: "I think more of the little kids from a school in a little village in Niger who get teaching two hours a day, sharing one chair for three of them, and who are very keen to get an education. I have them in my mind all the time. Because I think they need even more help than the people in Athens."

Asked if she is essentially saying to the Greeks and others in Europe that they have had a nice time and it is now payback time, she responds: "That's right."

All other countries out there, DO NOT, under any circumstance trust the IMF, no matter what they promise. If your politicians even LOOK in their direction, haul them off to the nearest cliff and toss them into the ocean!

You are nothing to them. You are just insects that they can swat away with promises they KNOW will not benefit the citizens of the country they are supposedly trying to prop up. Your leaders have sold you short...THEY ARE NO BETTER!

The world is about to be inverted, and not many people did anything about it. Only a few...

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   
If you don't know who Christine Lagarde is, here is a look into this angelic being

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by satron
All other countries out there, DO NOT, under any circumstance trust the IMF, no matter what they promise. If your politicians even LOOK in their direction, haul them off to the nearest cliff and toss them into the ocean!

And then what? They are all basically cut from the same cloth. You vote one idiot and the next one fills the gap. Perfect example is the POTUS. All that hope and crap in 2008 and where has it gotten the US? Greece is no different. Certainly there were and continue to be financial abuses but the people were obviously not compelled to vote out the garbage that perpetuated the problem. Yes Goldman Sachs and other scumbags furthered the problem but not contributing to taxes certainly didn't help matters either. The people are up in arms now in part because their lavish lifestyles, that they never questioned before, are hitting a brick wall.

brill

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 05:22 AM
link   
reply to post by satron

She sounds exactly like a certain liberal friend of mine lol. lucky for Greece her opinion doesn't matter, because the IMF gave Greeks money, the IMF will get it back. That means Greece cannot fall. Yet.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
What a criminal....

It's simple, one can always point out someplace worse to derail the discussion. Not until all of us are three to a seat with two hours of school a day can we begin to discuss what a fair share is. Never mind how good I got it, that's not up for debate.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Will she say the same thing to Italy?

Spain?

Portugal?

. . . . . . . . . . . . France?
edit on 27-5-2012 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
This woman runs the world's finances. The fact that kids in Africa can't get a decent education falls squarely on her shoulders as well as any poverty anywhere in the world. It is all about choices in this day and age. A century ago maybe it wasn't so easy to fix, but today we have everything we need to release everyone from poverty. The fact that we don't do it falls squarely on the shoulders of those who are leading us. 6 billion versus a few thousand and we constantly let them win.

It's payback time all right. Just not in the direction that Lagarde is looking for. When will the rest of us have the guts to do what Greece is about to?

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by brill

And then what? They are all basically cut from the same cloth. You vote one idiot and the next one fills the gap. Perfect example is the POTUS. All that hope and crap in 2008 and where has it gotten the US? Greece is no different. Certainly there were and continue to be financial abuses but the people were obviously not compelled to vote out the garbage that perpetuated the problem. Yes Goldman Sachs and other scumbags furthered the problem but not contributing to taxes certainly didn't help matters either. The people are up in arms now in part because their lavish lifestyles, that they never questioned before, are hitting a brick wall.

brill

Politicians and corporations are constantly demanding that people "improve".

It's about time people demand that politicians and corporations "improve".

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
Will she say the same thing to Italy?

Spain?

Portugal?

. . . . . . . . . . . . France?
edit on 27-5-2012 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

Anyone she damn well pleases.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Politicians and corporations are constantly demanding that people "improve".

But people are improving, not very fast perhaps. I hope to see the day people will live in self sufficient houses. This wasn't possible until only recently with solar power technology becoming better as well as affordable water purification systems and the internet with the information how to get it all done and working as well as a tonne of other things about growing your own food.

With people not having to rely as much on society they will become less desperate and more proud, something no bank can take away. Sure it'll take a long while and possibly a 3rd world war but people are improving themselves.
edit on 28/5/2012 by Dragonfly79 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   
How are people in Greece meant to pay back this debt. It wasn't the average Greek Citizen who asked Goldman Sachs to provide a loan and financial jiggery-pokery, to ensure their entrance into the EURO.

The Greeks don't have any Industry or manufacturing base capable of creating the wealth needed to pay back these debts. There is huge unemployment and the country is falling apart at the seams. I don't know what the solution is, but to punish the average Joe for crimes committed by governments and banks is wrong.

The IMF and WTO need to be disbanded.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
The Greeks don't have any Industry or manufacturing base capable of creating the wealth needed to pay back these debts.

Yeah it's because they were lazy while other countries put their backs into it and heralded in the Industrial age. Greece didn't do that but instead leech off those who do and demand the benefits without having to do anything in return.

There is huge unemployment and the country is falling apart at the seams.
I don't know what the solution is, but to punish the average Joe for crimes committed by governments and banks is wrong.

It's the average Joe who wanted to be more than average and took up all kinds of things he couldn't afford.

The IMF and WTO need to be disbanded.

Yes, that will make the problem go away. No more debtcollectors, no more debt! Brilliant.
edit on 28/5/2012 by Dragonfly79 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Dragonfly79

Yes the IMF should be disbanded and replaced with representatives from nations all over the world. Not just the economically powerful ones who dictate the rules of the game.

If you knew anything about the conditions under which Greece joined the EURO, I expect you would have a little more sympathy for the average Greek, but seing as you are buying into the propaganda, I'll leave you blaming the Greek citizen for it all.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

We are screwed. I am really worried. I have been considering selling my small business and moving back to the US. I am currently in Spain and I fear the worst. I keep thinking what I might do for work once back there though. I have a wife and a 5 YO. I keep thinking I have no choice but to join the military.

If I do move back to the US and say good bye to European hospitality, I will enlist almost upon arrival. I am 28 yo, in decent shape....a little fat IMO. I hope the army will still take me.

Euro will fall. I thought it was going to be the dollar, but I don't know anymore. Maybe if one falls the other will try and consolidate both into a world currency, as I think that is the goal.

I don't care anymore. I just want to live in peace. Greece will want out of the Euro due to treatment like this. Then it's all downhill, Germany might as well be the second country to opt out of the Euro then, the whole thing will fall like a house of cards.
edit on 28-5-2012 by BIHOTZ because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Of course Lagarde would care more for African kids than Greeks or Europeans.

After all, majority of the african kids have little excess to quality education, let alone even education. They are the best kind of slaves, with little intellect, to be controlled and manipulated, cheated of their birthright ,heritage and immense natural resources, as had been all through centuries, by their own corrupted leaders, greedy corporations and rapaciaous nations.

Doubt if Lagarde and her banksters can do the same to the educated and freedom loving europeans. Thus her sympathy, or the lack of it for EU common masses.

Perhaps she is truly altrusic, but then, she is a product of the banking class, a bunch of beans counting human that cares nothing further beyond the length of their noses and wallets.

Civilisation was meant to progress and evolve mankind. We humanity managed to defeat the tyranny from swords, held by the evil ones. But only to end up being tyrannised by bean counting humans today, whom seem hell bent on hindering mankind's growth and evolution.

Worse are the few fellow humans whom would readily give up their own freedoms, as well as their future generations' freedom, for the chains of debt enslavement in the guise of security, and even support such a system rigged to only benefit the few, wholeheartedly.....

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
How are people in Greece meant to pay back this debt. It wasn't the average Greek Citizen who asked Goldman Sachs to provide a loan and financial jiggery-pokery, to ensure their entrance into the EURO.

Greece's entry into the Euro was a mistake on every level, we all know that. The point still stands though. Certainly the corruption both within and outside Greece is rampant but does anyone believe the ridiculous social programs and expectations (ie. bloated pensions) were sustainable. They should never have hosted the Olympics but the world saw them as a thriving nation while reality dictated otherwise. Bottom line is that greed at the corporate level trickled down very nicely to the average citizen (not all mind you). They had opportunity to vote in reform but why would they when the gravy is flowing. The whole country is a train wreck and you're right that they do not have the industry to get out of this hole, but many sure as hell have their iron rice bowls in place looking for the next handout. The citizens of Greece do indeed share a chunk of the blame in my books.

brill

new topics

top topics

join