It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guards at most well known women's prison in Alabam regularly rape inmates

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by popsmayhem

W T H are you thinking?!

One person forcing another person into any sexual act is rape. Who they are or what they do is completely irrelevant.

Boy, sometimes people in this forum really TICK ME OFF.
edit on 5/27/2012 by disgustingfatbody because: EDITED FOR LANGUAGE AND EMPHASIS

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by nightstalker78

Originally posted by AwakeinNM
I would expect no less from the likes of prison guards. They are police department rejects, after all.

No offense to the 3 or 4 good prison guards out there.

One the most ignorant posts I've read on here. And I usually respect your posts,even if I don't say so.

To say that they're all PD rejects is childish.Some of you need to get off the computer and take a step into the real world.

Sorry if you or someone you know is a guard and was offended, and I was being a bit general in my statement. However, if you lived where I live, you'd get a little bit fed up with the constant news stories about prison guards abusing their positions of authority. Whether it be violence against inmates or stealing, or what have you, there seems to be a few too many guards getting in trouble.

I guess I should have said that it does not surprise me that prison guards would behave in this way. I am sure not all of them would. Consider that they were getting away with it, so for every guard that committed the act, there were probably others who knew about it and did nothing.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   
It bothers me to see so many excuses for this behavior by people. There is absolutely no excusable reason for a guard to be having sex with an inmate no matter what their reasoning. You are a guard and having sex with an inmate or raping an inmate is reprehensible and should be followed with swift and immediate punishment.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sphota

"Many of them reported encounters with the warden that they characterize as abusive, threatening and intimidating," Stevenson adds. "The women report that when you complain, you are placed in segregation and are subjected to very aggressive treatment by investigators and other staff. It is not an environment that encourages people to come forward with instances of abuse."

Uhmm..you're in prison.What the hell do you expect it to be like when you meet the warden?Because you're a woman you want flowers and chocolates laid out all over?Seriously? YOUR IN PRISON! You're treated that way because YOU ARE A CRIMINAL! And if you expect them to take your word for it well...you're an idiot.

Okay I'm done.To me you are a criminal.You deserve nothing but the BASIC human needs.You're there to be punished.Not to have a good time.

The shoe can be placed on the other foot...just because they are correctional employees doesn't mean they are flawless human beings. Without naming names, I have an uncle who was a prison guard. He regularly drank and drove and eventually lost his job because of his abuse of alcohol and his temper lead him to irreparably injure a coworker at a party. My uncle, in general, is a good person but he had a flaw. I have many other relatives who were/are involved in police, the government and corrections and as a family member I may be more privy to their flaws. That being said, is it so hard to believe that in general there will be flawed individuals working at a prison?

Pay attention to what I said clown. I'll tell you this.I'll believe a CO/LE before any criminal that's for sure.and if you choose to believe the criminal...well..I feel sorry for you. Do you not get it? CO...caring for the slime of our society.A criminal WILL do anything to get out of their punishment.Sheesh some of you people are dense.

You know why I don't buy your story? Who says "drank and drove".

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 02:53 AM
link   

I would expect no less from the likes of prison guards. They are police department rejects, after all.

No offense to the 3 or 4 good prison guards out there.

One the most ignorant posts I've read on here. And I usually respect your posts,even if I don't say so.

To say that they're all PD rejects is childish.Some of you need to get off the computer and take a step into the real world.

Sorry if you or someone you know is a guard and was offended, and I was being a bit general in my statement. However, if you lived where I live, you'd get a little bit fed up with the constant news stories about prison guards abusing their positions of authority. Whether it be violence against inmates or stealing, or what have you, there seems to be a few too many guards getting in trouble.

I guess I should have said that it does not surprise me that prison guards would behave in this way. I am sure not all of them would. Consider that they were getting away with it, so for every guard that committed the act, there were probably others who knew about it and did nothing.

Nobody in my family is in involved in LE at all.Nor are any of my friends.See that's the thing..why are you automatically assuming the criminals are telling the truth?You're assuming,like so many here,that the CO's are abusing their power.

Don't get me wrong I don't doubt there's crooked CO's ..there certainly are.But I'm more inclined to believe that the CRIMINALS are the ones lying.My youngest brother was in prison..and he says you get what you give to guards or inmates a like.You give respect,you get it.He was in a state prison.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   
There are scumbags in every line of work.

Look at the Wall Street bankers who sucked us dry. Do you consider them honest or corrupt?

What about our members of Congress? We hear of their illegal and profane behavior almost daily.
edit on 5/28/2012 by disgustingfatbody because: ADDED COMMENT

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   
This news report was on Russia today.

Because female inmates in Russia get treated SOOOO much better. [\end sarcasm]

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   

A criminal WILL do anything to get out of their punishment.Sheesh some of you people are dense.

Let me bring this up again, since you don't seem to understand what prison is for:

Originally posted by adigregorio
Funny, I thought prison was (or should be) for re-habilitation and not punishment?

I thought it was meant (or should be) to teach the inmates how to be members of society?

I love the argument of:

Some criminals are liars, so all criminals are liars.

Care to address those points for me, since I am so dense?

If prison is for re-habilitation, what's all the punishment talk? If prison is meant to help folks who need some help "behaving", what's all the punishment talks?

Maybe if you quit trying to hit the bad guys, they could actually get some work done towards becoming good guys. (But who cares right? They are just dirty criminals after all!)

Scarlet letter anyone?

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
My sister works in the system. They perpetuate their criminal ways behind bars, discussing future crimes and committing those crimes that they can get away with behind bars.

Assault, rape, theft, you name it, they do it.

Prison guards themselves are attacked every day in this country and no one ever hears about it. It's the prison system's/county jails' dirty little secret.

Not everyone is innocent, not everyone is guilty, but don't make the mistake of thinking criminals become angels once the gate closes behind them.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I'm curious since I know very little of the prison system. But do they actually do anything to rehabilitate criminals or do they just lock them up until they can get out and commit more crimes? I thought it was supposed to be a rehabilitation type of thing.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
I don't know how it works in Alabama but I've been in corrections for over a decade in Canada and there are rules set up so that this can NOT happen. "Admin hold". That means that the manager is responsible for the welfare of a given inmate. There's also the Ombudsman. Does it happen? Maybe but it's not prevalent. Civil suits would follow. Secondly, I've worked in female jails. They will kick you ass. This isn't Victoria's Secret we're talking about here. These are nasty ass women. I think I'M a badass but I wouldn't screw with one of them. They are nasty. Worse than the men.

When you consider that women are smaller and often these women have been on the bad end/co-abuser end of the guys in the male prison, being super bad is how they remain alive.

One of the bad bars I used to go to had three gigantic bouncers, and one small asian dude.

No one knew what that Asian dude could do, and no one wanted to find out.

The definition of rape here should probably be clarified. The power differential of "authority" and prisoner makes all sexual activity rape. That might not mean it is non-consensual, or that it is a form a assault. Should the guards be having sex with prisoners? No. Power differential makes it unacceptable.

Does that mean it isn't consensual? No. It really doesn't.
edit on 28-5-2012 by SibylofErythrae because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   

What I'm saying is look at the source.Criminals aren't exactly the most reliable people now are they?

Really? Only convicted criminals tell lies? And convicted criminals are incapable of telling the truth?
I think the fact that some of them got preggers in jail would be an obvious clue.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaMaa
I'm curious since I know very little of the prison system. But do they actually do anything to rehabilitate criminals or do they just lock them up until they can get out and commit more crimes? I thought it was supposed to be a rehabilitation type of thing.

Prison is a re-habilitation type of thing. Inmates can get anything from a high school diploma, to a degree in teaching high school.

Unfortunatly, due to the "punish them" attitude the system tends to spawn more inmates, then it rehabilitates. As any reader can see, the attitude of "They're criminals, too bad so sad." is quite prevelant. So it stands to reason that there has to be guards that think the same way.

Really, just another black and white example of the massive mental programing of an entire species. "Us" versus "Them"

Sunday Sunday Sunday, see the most epic battle of all time! A lesser type of human will battle with one of us! Sunday Sunday Sunday! Pay for the whole seat, but only use the edge!!!!!!

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by adigregorio

Throw a theif in jail, and send them back out more screwed up then they went in. With a family, and neighbours.

This isn't a good idea just to fullfill one's sense of venegence?!?

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join