It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guards at most well known women's prison in Alabam regularly rape inmates

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by The X

Originally posted by stanguilles7

Originally posted by nightstalker78

Uhmm..you're in prison.What the hell do you expect it to be like when you meet the warden?Because you're a woman you want flowers and chocolates laid out all over?Seriously? YOUR IN PRISON! You're treated that way because YOU ARE A CRIMINAL! And if you expect them to take your word for it well...you're an idiot.

US prisons are not Soviet Gulags. Prisoners do indeed have rights, as upheld again and again by the Supreme Court and attempting to exercise those rights is not comparable to wanting 'flowers and chocolate'.

It's a shame that people like you live in a free country, and yet espouse totalitarian fanaticism.

Quite right, rape is a breach of your human rights, and a breach of your constitutuional rights, so rape is regarded as a breach of your rights, whilst inside prison anywhere in the western world.

when the state takes a person into custody and holds them there against there will, the constitution imposes upon it a corresponding duty to assume some responsibility for his safety and well being.
Holding that the government owes a duty to protect prisoners agianst assault or injury from ANY QUARTER, and that prisoners have a substantive due process right to such protection.

Its not really rape though,
I think your disrespecting
real victims of rape by
calling what a prostitute
does for stuff rape..
Simply is not true, and If i was
a rape victim I would be insulted
at the loosely termed phrase
being any sexual contact with a female
inmate. These women consented, and I don't
care what the law says, it is not rape.
These low ball ladies had sex for drugs and goods
some call it prostitution, but only a moron calls it rape.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by popsmayhem

lol you talk almost like you were there... you seem to know how it all whent down or are you just assuming?

what were these "hookers" to do when the boys did not what to play ball? go into hiding in there cell perhaps?
edit on 27-5-2012 by jplaysguitar because: stupidity

edit on 27-5-2012 by jplaysguitar because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   

"Many of them reported encounters with the warden that they characterize as abusive, threatening and intimidating," Stevenson adds. "The women report that when you complain, you are placed in segregation and are subjected to very aggressive treatment by investigators and other staff. It is not an environment that encourages people to come forward with instances of abuse."

Uhmm..you're in prison.What the hell do you expect it to be like when you meet the warden?Because you're a woman you want flowers and chocolates laid out all over?Seriously? YOUR IN PRISON! You're treated that way because YOU ARE A CRIMINAL! And if you expect them to take your word for it well...you're an idiot.

Okay I'm done.To me you are a criminal.You deserve nothing but the BASIC human needs.You're there to be punished.Not to have a good time.

The shoe can be placed on the other foot...just because they are correctional employees doesn't mean they are flawless human beings. Without naming names, I have an uncle who was a prison guard. He regularly drank and drove and eventually lost his job because of his abuse of alcohol and his temper lead him to irreparably injure a coworker at a party. My uncle, in general, is a good person but he had a flaw. I have many other relatives who were/are involved in police, the government and corrections and as a family member I may be more privy to their flaws. That being said, is it so hard to believe that in general there will be flawed individuals working at a prison?

Additionally, we have decided on punishment for certain crimes. It seems that all crime is looked at equally, as though a person who gets caught doing something wrong is on par with all others who have done something wrong, from the most subjective pecadillo (smoking marijuana) to the most egregious moral lapse (murder). Yet, we have decided what the punishments are supposed to be and when it's more than that, we make statements like "Well, it's prison, what do you expect?" Well, I for one, expect that the punishment 1) fits the crime and 2) is exactly what should be expected.

Last time I checked, rape was not a state-sanctioned punishment for any crime, not even murder. In fact, I would reckon that capital punishment would be more humane than psycho-sexual torture.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by jplaysguitar

lol you talk almost like you were there... you seem to know how it all whent down or are you just assuming?

what were these "hookers" to do when the boys did not what to play ball? go into hiding in there cell perhaps?

I worked at a women correction
facility, and the women throw themselves
at you all the time. If your a shady guy, you
can get your rocks off quite a bit for a few
extra sandwiches. In this situation, it was more
like a prostitution ring, read the article?
There was a lot of drugs and other free stuff
these ladies were getting in exchange for sex.
That ain't rape, it is prostitution.
Can a prostitute get raped? Sure, if she
does not get paid she will call it rape.
edit on 27-5-2012 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous404

Originally posted by biggmoneyme
some people are like a bad thought. best just to remove it from existence

Hitler thought so too.

I don't think anyone should be removed from existence, but rather brought to justice.

Sorry, but keeping someone in a cell for the entire remainder of their existence really isn't any more humane than killing them.

In this country, we tend to not look at rape as any less of a crime than murder.

I don't believe killing people for heinous crimes is anything like genocide, and especially not anything like Hitler or the Nazis. Hitler wasn't killing people for raping women, he was killing them because he didn't personally like their genes.

I guess the difference isn't as incredibly obvious as it seems?

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by popsmayhem

I worked at a women correction
facility, and the women throw themselves
at you all the time. If your a shady guy, you
can get your rocks off quite a bit for a few
extra sandwiches. In this situation, it was more
like a prostitution ring, read the article?
There was a lot of drugs and other free stuff
these ladies were getting in exchange for sex.
That ain't rape, it is prostitution.
Can a prostitute get raped? Sure, if she
does not get paid she will call it rape.

Using extortion to get someone to have sex with you is rape.

Seems like you're awfully defensive. Now, I'm not assuming that you yourself committed rape... But I am insinuating that you feel guilty for seeing it and not doing anything about it - and are now justifying it any way you can.
edit on 27-5-2012 by thegagefather because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Why do you type like that??Are you trying to be hip?

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous404

This disgusts me beyond belief. There should be a zero tolerance policy regarding this kind of abuse...(as well as other forms of abuse).
Hopefully these bastards will pay for their deeds.
edit on 27-5-2012 by ChemtrailKing because: Silly spelling

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   

even if the gaurds were trading paying for sex...us even so at the least thay are as guilty as women in this case. solicitation for sex is illegal unless your in navada.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   

even if the gaurds were trading paying for sex...us even so at the least thay are as guilty as women in this case. solicitation for sex is illegal unless your in navada.

I agree the guards should be fired just as guilty,
but lets not demean real rape victims here..

Paying money for sex or getting paid money
for consensual sex is not rape

the unlawful compelling of a person through physical force or duress to have sexual intercourse.
any act of sexual intercourse that is forced upon a person.
statutory rape.
an act of plunder, violent seizure, or abuse; despoliation; violation: the rape of the countryside.
dictionary.reference.com...

All these women were not really raped
if they were having sex with the guards
for drugs and money. It is prostitution.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   

we will find out if any snitches come foward and actully testify. when the jury returns a verdict and facts emerge. thenwe could see but legaly i think the an other poster had it right as far as legalities are concerned it was rape becuase the inmates were under duress

edit on 27-5-2012 by jplaysguitar because: duress

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous404

I wonder how many of these rapes were actually just a trade of services.

i have sex with you. you get me some pringles.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   

edit on 5/27/2012 by disgustingfatbody because: OFF TOPIC

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   

[
Reread some of my posts in this thread.

I have. All of them.

I said they have rights.Basic human rights and needs.Nothing more.They do deserve to be treated with dignity.My point was they are in prison.Not on vacation.I find it absolutely ridiculous that most criminals have that yet there's people on the streets who don't deserve to be there.I'd rather my damn tax dollars went to them instead of a bunch of criminals.So spare me your comments about "totalitarian fanaticism".

You speak much of a criminal mentality; they have broken the law, they have transgressed against the rules and therefor they are untrustworthy. You focus on that as an excuse to automatically assume that these women are lying about rape, and therefor should be ignored. That is denying them their rights, and their dignity. You are lying, to yourself and everyone else.

However, since you seem so myopically focused on the fact that these women have committed a crime and are therefor automatically untrustworthy it is worth pointing out that prison guards are not allowed to have sex with inmates. It is against the law. So, by your own "logic" if a prison guard has sex with an inmate he has broken the law, and should be automatically considered untrustworthy.

The real reason why such a guard is suspect is the very reason why it is illegal in the first place; because it is far too easy to be in a position of authority and abuse it. If a prison guard engages in this behavior, even if the inmate is willing, his character is suspect. It creates an environment that supports rape, precisely because most people think as you do. An person with integrity would not even risk such a thing, and in fact I will without hesitation proclaim that such a person is a far, far nastier piece of work than someone who got caught with controlled narcotics a few too many times.

The thing is, the really scary criminals don't usually get caught. I have seen far more insidious, frightening, and effective criminals that put on a coat of social respectability, spouting acidic rhetoric about how the "bad people" should be punished, and the whole while they are the ones committing crimes that harm people beyond repair.

Your vitriolic, double speaking, little tirades here are identical to every one I have heard from those types of criminals, the far worse kinds of criminals. Lack of empathy, a few more brains, coupled with a usually nearly desperate need to see the world in black and white, and most of all, a complete inability to see that within themselves that makes them more of a monster than that which they condemn; these are the characteristics shared by all of them. Characteristics that you have manifested in spades here. I wouldn't let you near me or my family.

edit on 27-5-2012 by redhorse because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by nightstalker78

Have you ever had first hand experience with prisons and prison guards?

I like to give people the benefit of the doubt but the guards I met were just as crooked as the inmates they were watching.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by The X

Originally posted by stanguilles7

US prisons are not Soviet Gulags. Prisoners do indeed have rights, as upheld again and again by the Supreme Court and attempting to exercise those rights is not comparable to wanting 'flowers and chocolate'.

It's a shame that people like you live in a free country, and yet espouse totalitarian fanaticism.

Quite right, rape is a breach of your human rights, and a breach of your constitutuional rights, so rape is regarded as a breach of your rights, whilst inside prison anywhere in the western world.

when the state takes a person into custody and holds them there against there will, the constitution imposes upon it a corresponding duty to assume some responsibility for his safety and well being.
Holding that the government owes a duty to protect prisoners agianst assault or injury from ANY QUARTER, and that prisoners have a substantive due process right to such protection.

real victims of rape by
does for stuff rape..

I can see you have a comprehension problem.

IN 44 states, any SEXUAL CONTACT with an INMATE is RAPE.
The state has removed their right to "consent".
Where is your proof they (all of them) consented?, it is very conceited to firstly state for the sake of your argument that "I don't care what the law says", it is the LAW irrespective of how meaningless your opinion is, or, is not, and secondly, decry ALL of them consented in one way or another.

These LAWS were put in place to defend women against predators and to defend the prison officers against being subverted whilst in uniform, into doing stupid stuff because they are compromised, or, in a physical relationship.

If you do not have the right to recieve consent, it is statutory rape, end of argument.

That is what you would see in court from a legal point of view, your opinion would be less than meaningless.

America has the worlds highest inmate population, MANY people will be wrongfully in prison, bad police practice, not being able to afford decent legal advice, having to cut a deal because the alternative is just too scary.
Not everyone in prison is a criminal, not everyone deserves to be there, and those that are, need to be protected from all the different forms of predators, on both sides, in the course of their daily lives.
If there is doubt or, suspicion of the facts in 10% of the inmates cases, that is over 300,000 people.
if just 5% of that total is innocent and should not be there, that is 15.000 people.
That is a lot of people.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   

real victims of rape by
does for stuff rape..

As a rape victim I am insulted that you are assuming that because some of these women were prostitutes they have now forfeited their right to not consent to sex.

As a rape victim I am insulted that you feel that my past may have any bearing on whether a given circumstance is rape. If I consent it is not rape, if I do not consent it is rape. Period. Done.

As a rape victim I am insulted, and frightened that the words "I don't care what the law says, it is not rape." would even form in your mind.

As a rape victim I am insulted by you.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I'm sure this happens in just about every womens correctional facility, its just not reported as much. Some women in these prisons will trade sex for "favors" with the guards as well..

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Here's the problem (and why guards can't have sex with inmates).
Hypothetical inmate A. Convicted of steeling $100,000 from several victims throught internet scam. A guard propositions inmate A for sex. She says no, she's married, loves her husband, etc. She's in for a non- violent, non-sex related crime. She is completely unwilling to consent. He then says "Have sex with me or I'll put you in solitary confinement for a week, or a month, and tell the warden you hit me and threatened to kill me."

What is her recourse?

If guards have sex with inmates, this scenario happens. This woman is repeatedly raped by her jailers and no one believes her.

What can she do?

You who say it isn't rape because they are inmates, make this possible.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
The guards are wrong either way for having sex with the inmates. Im pretty sure thats on their list of things they cant do.

Not every person in jail is a criminal. Some of them are in there wrongly accused.

Not every criminal is a bad person. People make mistakes. So to suggest that ALL of those women are lyinh is a bit naive.

So criminals deserve to be abused and raped? Though some do, depending on the crime (rape, murder, etc), the majority do not. That still doesnt mean it should be done even to the ones who deserve it.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join