It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guards at most well known women's prison in Alabam regularly rape inmates

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by nightstalker78

Uhmm..you're in prison.What the hell do you expect it to be like when you meet the warden?Because you're a woman you want flowers and chocolates laid out all over?Seriously? YOUR IN PRISON! You're treated that way because YOU ARE A CRIMINAL! And if you expect them to take your word for it well...you're an idiot.

US prisons are not Soviet Gulags. Prisoners do indeed have rights, as upheld again and again by the Supreme Court and attempting to exercise those rights is not comparable to wanting 'flowers and chocolate'.

It's a shame that people like you live in a free country, and yet espouse totalitarian fanaticism.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by stanguilles7

Uhmm..you're in prison.What the hell do you expect it to be like when you meet the warden?Because you're a woman you want flowers and chocolates laid out all over?Seriously? YOUR IN PRISON! You're treated that way because YOU ARE A CRIMINAL! And if you expect them to take your word for it well...you're an idiot.

US prisons are not Soviet Gulags. Prisoners do indeed have rights, as upheld again and again by the Supreme Court and attempting to exercise those rights is not comparable to wanting 'flowers and chocolate'.

It's a shame that people like you live in a free country, and yet espouse totalitarian fanaticism.

Quite right, rape is a breach of your human rights, and a breach of your constitutuional rights, so rape is regarded as a breach of your rights, whilst inside prison anywhere in the western world.

when the state takes a person into custody and holds them there against there will, the constitution imposes upon it a corresponding duty to assume some responsibility for his safety and well being.
Holding that the government owes a duty to protect prisoners agianst assault or injury from ANY QUARTER, and that prisoners have a substantive due process right to such protection.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by nightstalker78

If the guards can be 'seduced' to have sex then they don't need to be guarding women in a prison. Their lack of self control speaks volumes to their lack of character. Now I'm not saying that these women are being absolutely truthful, they are criminals and I don't put lying past them. However, if one of them turns up pregnant or there is proof to back up their claims then those guards need to be fired. Even if it wasn't rape and they were 'seduced' they should still be fired at very least.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   

"Male guards go into showers, they aren't restricted from going into bathrooms, even though there are plenty of female guards … subtle things like that we've raised as issues that we'd like to see addressed, as well as not punishing women when they bring up these allegations," Stevenson tells the Associated Press of the organization’s findings.

rt.com...

This shouldn't happen, no matter how you paint it.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I thought rape was part and parcel with the whole prison experience.

At least for men, it is standard procedure, according to the tales and media.

I imagine being a male guard in a women's prison is a highly sought job.

The ones complaining are probably the ones not getting any action.

There should be an HBO series about this.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by adigregorio
Funny, I thought prison was (or should be) for re-habilitation and not punishment?

I thought it was meant (or should be) to teach the inmates how to be members of society?

No I think in America prison is supposed to be about punishment. Thats why inmates get little sympathy.
edit on 26-5-2012 by Cassius666 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Negative.

When I was in jail an inmate was almost beaten to death for being convicted of rape.

Times change, my friend.

And in mostly male prisons, it isn't the workers taking advantage of the inmates.

In this prison, the only men there work there.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous404

I'm sure there are women in there who give it up willingly, if you're doing 15 to life, thats a long time to go without getting sex.

At the prison i used to work at as a C.O. we caught the female gaurds "raping" the male inmates, they were doing some of the male C.O.'s too. One of them took my OJT that was doing his end of academy training and was giving him some in the office with the lights turned out about 1 AM, 2 hours after my shift started.

Can't rape the willing. Alot of inmates/convicts will try to use you so they can get you under their thumb to blackmail you into bringing in contraband. Looks like those fools at Alabama took the bait, and now look, theyre paying for it.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   

I worked as a corrections officer for the two years I was out of the Corps, and let me tell you, I have never seen and talked to so many "innocent" or "framed" people in my life as I did working in prison.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Pretty sure this is old news.

I'm surprised at the responses so far.Right,PRISON inmates never lie.

It's always the man doing them wrong.As long as is it's an accusation against any type of Law Enforcement it must be true!

No a bunch of criminals wouldn't lie now would they? Give me a break.

I know police officers and others that are jail guards. The problem is when people are given unquestioned authority, it leads to some pretty insane behaviors.

The jail guard by the way, had taken trauma from both the inmates and the coworkers. The coworkers because they went against the abuse of inmates, from the inmates because they lash out at all the guards not taking into account which ones are not out to get them.

This is worth a read.

If the people that are in charge of upholding law and order, are breaking it, it means there is a failed system. I wouldn't even blame the "bad apples" of the group, instead rethink the system that creates them.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cassius666

Funny, I thought prison was (or should be) for re-habilitation and not punishment?

I thought it was meant (or should be) to teach the inmates how to be members of society?

No I think in America prison is supposed to be about punishment. Thats why inmates get little sympathy.

The punishment is the sentence given out of society. Anything that happens beyond that is not punishment but rather abuse or a crime in itself, whether it be handed down from other inmates or from corrections staff.

This whole vendetta mentality in the west has taken on a life of its own. Considering a quarter of Americans have a criminal record now... One would think the "criminals should rot away forever" rhetoric might slowly fade...

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Stop editing your posts AFTER I reply.Criminals DO NOT deserve the benefit of the doubt.They're known liars and they'll do anything to protect themselves.And that includes...get this...lying.

Who was lying in the case of the 20 employees that have been fired or transferred from that prison?

More than 20 employees of Tutwiler Prison have been fired or transferred during the last half-decade for crimes relating to illegal sexual activity, reports the AP.

While criminals lie, so do people that aren't.

In fact, if I criminal pleads guilty to their case, that is an ultimate truth as they are taking responsibility and admitting to their actions. That makes them quite honest. (While some only admit because of reduced sentence, that's beyond the point.)

Everyone lies. And people that are given total authority, whose word is considered "truthier" than others, tend to lie a lot because they get away with it.

--------------

Back to the original topic.... Female prison, female prisoners walking around naked like rats in cages.. Hmm.. What kind of employees are you going to attract?

Almost like if you sent all your kids to some place while they pray to god, where a priest is an ultimate authority.... And then the priest turns out to be....

Ahh yes.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I don't know how it works in Alabama but I've been in corrections for over a decade in Canada and there are rules set up so that this can NOT happen. "Admin hold". That means that the manager is responsible for the welfare of a given inmate. There's also the Ombudsman. Does it happen? Maybe but it's not prevalent. Civil suits would follow. Secondly, I've worked in female jails. They will kick you ass. This isn't Victoria's Secret we're talking about here. These are nasty ass women. I think I'M a badass but I wouldn't screw with one of them. They are nasty. Worse than the men.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
The problem is, the justice system will believe the guards over convicted felons. Not good I know but the world works in funny ways.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Pretty sure this is old news.

I'm surprised at the responses so far.Right,PRISON inmates never lie.

It's always the man doing them wrong.As long as is it's an accusation against any type of Law Enforcement it must be true!

No a bunch of criminals wouldn't lie now would they? Give me a break.

You got it all backwards. The criminals are the ones on the OUTSIDE of the bars, in the cop cars, and sitting on the bench gavel in hand.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cassius666

Nay, it's supposed to be what I said.

It IS what you said...

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Where is the outrage over male prisoners getting raped? Jail is a nasty brutal place. Best to stay away from it.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous404

Originally posted by Anonymous404

One wrongful conviction that leads to a death sentence is blood on every taxpayer's hands.

And it has everything to do with this. You believe all of the incarcerated are liars, we don't.

No blood on my hands and I pay taxes.Don't put yourself in the position to be wrongfully convicted and it won't happen no matter what agenda some of you ATSer's wanna push.

You make it sound like you'll be randomly driving somewhere and be pulled over..than be thrown in jail

Guess what pal..that doesn't happen as much in the US as many of you here like to think

edit on 26-5-2012 by nightstalker78 because: (no reason given)

I've been randomly pulled over and thrown in jail, and I PAY TAXES.

Wait...put yourself in the position to be wrongfully convicted? Now everything you say from now on will be taken as a complete joke. It's funny enough to become my new signature.
edit on 5/26/2012 by Anonymous404 because: (no reason given)

Yes,wrongfully convicted.Such as a situation as in...say you associate with a drug dealer and you know that's what they do.You're at their house when the police do a bust.You get arrested because you were there.You may be completely innocent but that doesn't mean a jury is going to buy that you are.YOU put yourself in that situation.If you hadn't associated with a known criminal it wouldn't have happened.Get what I mean now? And I'm flattered you took my quote out of context and put it in your sig

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by stanguilles7

Reread some of my posts in this thread.I said they have rights.Basic human rights and needs.Nothing more.They do deserve to be treated with dignity.My point was they are in prison.Not on vacation.I find it absolutely ridiculous that most criminals have that yet there's people on the streets who don't deserve to be there.I'd rather my damn tax dollars went to them instead of a bunch of criminals.So spare me your comments about "totalitarian fanaticism".

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 06:55 AM
link   
This is disgusting.

Why the hell would the government put male prison guards in a womens prison.

That is just stupidity in and of itself.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join