It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guards at most well known women's prison in Alabam regularly rape inmates

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by jplaysguitar
reply to post by nightstalker78

if you dont mind me asking just how much are you paid to post here at ATS ?

lol all jokeing aside do you really think a prison with at the verly had notoriously unfit CO`s in the past decade
and now with 50 women willing to comefoward and testify under oath
you truly belive the claim has no merit?

Not enough.But I give free guitar lessons on the side !

I don't think there's no merit there.BUT again,recognize the source.Source.Criminals.

If you really think they won't do anything to get revenge on a CO they hate well...than you need to do a bit more research.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous404

star and flag for this thread
and for the record your signature right now is pretty good/funny lol

edit on 26-5-2012 by jplaysguitar because: significant

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 01:49 AM
link   
you act like all criminals lie
do you know statitics for 2011 criminal cases in the US and how thay all plead?

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   

and all criminals don't lie?

How many do YOU know personally?

They'll do ANYTHING to try and prove they're innocent.

You know what that means? LYING.

I don't care about stats. Criminal cases eh? They plead guilty because they know they wont get off.and they also know they're criminals And they WILL try to avoid jail.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by nightstalker78

and all criminals don't lie?

How many do YOU know personally?

They'll do ANYTHING to try and prove they're innocent.

You know what that means? LYING.

I don't care about stats. Criminal cases eh? They plead guilty because they know they wont get off.and they also know they're criminals And they WILL try to avoid jail.

Do anything to get off, especially if they're innocent? I know of more people who have taken a plea bargain and claimed guilty when they were innocent than try and fight it.

Why? Money.

And your definition of "criminal" is very loose. If you look into what that word means, we could all be criminals. Criminal is a relative term and we would all be considered criminals whether we were convicted or not in most countries simply for being involved in a website like AboveTopSecret.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous404
reply to post by popsmayhem

I know there's no conspiracy here. I didn't post this thread here.

It was moved by an admin.

What i mean, i doubt all these women
were raped. I am sure they all had sex
with the guards in return for stuff
but i doubt all of them were straight up
raped. Way to easy to prove with a *rape kit*
and the guards dna all in them.
They were trading sex for drugs and whatever else
maybe one or two really did get raped and thats
when they all jumped in on the bandwagon and
claimed all of them were raped.. Really trust these hookers not to
mouth hug a guard for some crack?
Course some were
edit on 26-5-2012 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 05:49 AM
link   
I'm always amazed at how easy it is for people to be drawn into petty arguments with people who may very well throw out inflammatory statements hoping to start something. Its even worse when the people that engage in such baiting tactics arent here to give up one inch of ground in what they think or believe, in short: theyre unteachable....and normally that is quite apparent after a few exchanges to any observant person.

I think alot of ppl come to ATS for the very purpose of verbal sword play, not to help enlighten or teach anyone, nor to learn anything themselves. When one sees such a person entering a conversation its best to pretend they arent even there, they have nothing of substance to offer. Making blanket statements (all or nothing statements and the like, which are taught as a logical fallacy) are just one of many indications a person isnt offering anything useful to the discussion.

Howard Stern has a person on his show named Benji who has developed his style of conversation into an artform that seems designed to draw people into his twisted way of seeing things. Stern has come to refer to this as 'the Benji vortex'. I can only recommend to those genuinely seeking enlightenment here to refrain from entering the vortex of those who are just trying to stir the pot.

On topic, nothing surprises me about what takes place in prison. The movie Gothika with Halley Berry hollywoodizes the phenomenon. It appeals to the common sense of most thoughtful people that its statistically impossible for 100 percent of any group to be this way or that way. We know, mainly through DNA testing that in many prisons there is a variable percentage of people who are later found to have been innocent of the charges against them. Therefore any statement that ignores this reality can only be viewed as intentionally argumentative and quite ignorant indeed.
edit on 26-5-2012 by ratsinacage because: spelling

edit on 26-5-2012 by ratsinacage because: spelling

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 05:58 AM
link   

To me you are a criminal.You deserve nothing but the BASIC human needs.You're there to be punished.Not to have a good time.

To me you are less than the lowest form of life. You deserve nothing.
And i´m not talking about the inmates.
edit on 26-5-2012 by LionOfGOD because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Sadly prison in Amerca is seen as punishment and convicts get little sympathy.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   

No one deserves to be raped.

Prison inmate or not.

The end.
edit on 5/25/2012 by Anonymous404 because: (no reason given)

I do agree with that.I'm not saying they deserve it.Of course no one does.

What I'm saying is look at the source.Criminals aren't exactly the most reliable people now are they?

i see truth in the fact that a bigot is unable to see the basic facts that not everyone is a liar, not every prisoner is justly in prison.

Take from that what you will, it is double edged, now, lets see.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by popsmayhem

reply to post by popsmayhem

I know there's no conspiracy here. I didn't post this thread here.

It was moved by an admin.

What i mean, i doubt all these women
were raped. I am sure they all had sex
with the guards in return for stuff
but i doubt all of them were straight up
raped. Way to easy to prove with a *rape kit*
and the guards dna all in them.
They were trading sex for drugs and whatever else
maybe one or two really did get raped and thats
when they all jumped in on the bandwagon and
claimed all of them were raped.. Really trust these hookers not to
mouth hug a guard for some crack?
Course some were

*ANY* sexual activity with an inmate is regarded as rape, the inmate does not have the right to consent to sex whilst under sentence.
What on earth are prison officers doing bringing drugs into an establishment where they work to trade for sex?.
Do you not see how backwards your whole argument is?.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   
At least da broads are get'n some. In da guy's prison it's a little tougher to get laid. The gaurds aren't as willing.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by The X
*ANY* sexual activity with an inmate is regarded as rape, the inmate does not have the right to consent to sex whilst under sentence.
What on earth are prison officers doing bringing drugs into an establishment where they work to trade for sex?.

Ain't no argument, i'm just
saying what was really going on.
The title makes it sound like these
women were all made to have sex
against their will, and that simply
is false.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Prison inmate or not.

The end.

lmao, ok dude seriously now, lets examine the enviroment, we are looking at a prison, a micro-enviroment full of drugs, STD's, HEP A,B,C,D, HIV, AIDS, needle sharing junkies and even if all of them arnt sharing needles that doesnt exclude them from being or more than likely becoming infected by some kind of disease.
now unless you are going take a box of extra strength condoms and wear 2 at a time during your "rape" session, i think you would be hard pressed to find any male corrections officer in the world that would even succumb to a BJ let alone having sex with an inmate.
But statistics are quite clear and majority falls with female officers intimate having relations with males offenders.
have a nice day.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Prison inmate or not.

The end.

Agreed!

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous404

I have known for many years that this goes on in a lot of female prisons in U.S and other countries who have not quite made the grade as a civilized state. In terms of violence nothing surprises me about the U.S!

Well millions of Indians were exterminated as a sacrifice for the birth of the U.S! Yet can anyone really escape karma? I think not. You reap what you sow!

What has the U.S become? What is it? Ask yourselves that! Do some soul searching as a culture. Learn to reflect! Have some humanity! Stop being so violent! So ugly, man, I can't quite believe you are so monstrous!

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by yyyledq

for nightstalker78,

convictions aren't fail safe.

There are countless cases in terms of death penalty, some years to decades after the execution, media report on findings of wrong conviction.

just a thread from this past may 15.

Wrong Man Executed in Texas 1989
www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread840633/pg1

Irrelavant.That has nothing to do with this.Of course people have been wrongly convicted.But it doesn't happen as much as you bleeding hearts like to think it does.

I'd rather have a bleeding heart than one that is stone cold and lacking empathy.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   

"Many of them reported encounters with the warden that they characterize as abusive, threatening and intimidating," Stevenson adds. "The women report that when you complain, you are placed in segregation and are subjected to very aggressive treatment by investigators and other staff. It is not an environment that encourages people to come forward with instances of abuse."

Uhmm..you're in prison.What the hell do you expect it to be like when you meet the warden?Because you're a woman you want flowers and chocolates laid out all over?Seriously? YOUR IN PRISON! You're treated that way because YOU ARE A CRIMINAL! And if you expect them to take your word for it well...you're an idiot.

Okay I'm done.To me you are a criminal.You deserve nothing but the BASIC human needs.You're there to be punished.Not to have a good time.

wow Stalin would have liked you.

you are not in prison to be punished or tortured, you are there to serve time out of society and hopefully learn how to live in that society again one day. the punishment is the time without freedom, anything else is abuse and if you don't see that, perhaps you should be in prison.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Funny, I thought prison was (or should be) for re-habilitation and not punishment?

I thought it was meant (or should be) to teach the inmates how to be members of society?

I love the argument of:

Some criminals are liars, so all criminals are liars.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by popsmayhem

Originally posted by The X

Ain't no argument, i'm just
saying what was really going on.
The title makes it sound like these
women were all made to have sex
against their will, and that simply
is false.

It is not *False*, those women do not have the legal right to consent, any sex with them is *Rape* in the eyes of the law.
They cannot consent to sex, they have no right to consent to sex, that right is owned by the state, it is on the books, in 44 states.
it is designed to protect women from sexual predators in an environment where they are vulnerable, i disagree with anyone telling someone else what they can and cannot do, but society is so sick, LAWS have to be used to discourage men with power and control issues in jobs they can fully exercise their mental health issues over others, from being such incessent morons.

Rule 53 of the UN Standard Minimum Rules provides that no male member of staff shall enter part of the institution set aside for women unless accompanied by a woman officer and that ''Women prisoners shall be attended and supervised only by women officers''.

And,

Amnesty International is calling on the Department of Corrections to ensure female prisoners are supervised only by female staff as required under international standards, and that preventive measures are in place so that women are not afraid to report abuses through fear of reprisals. The organization is also urging the authorities to ensure that all employees are aware of state law criminalizing sexual relationships between male guards and female inmates and that any allegations involving a possible violation of the law be investigated thoroughly with those responsible brought to justice. The authorities should also take concrete steps to prevent sexual abuse and to improve the investigation of sexual misconduct complaints.

Please, take a few minutes to read the PDF from Harvards law students library, it explains some of the worries amnesty international has, and, how women ARE predated upon by men in positions of power over them.

Impunity, sexual abuse in womens prisons.

Also the Prison Rape Elimination Act of 2003 is worth a read.

Prison Rape Elimination Act of 2003
edit on 26-5-2012 by The X because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join