It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guards at most well known women's prison in Alabam regularly rape inmates

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on May, 25 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
rt.com...

A new report published this week alleges that female inmates at an Alabama State correctional facility were repeatedly raped and abused by their male prison guards.

The Equal Justice Initiative, an Alabama-based civil rights organization, has published their findings in a new report made available this week to the US Department of Justice. The document allegedly contains reports of widespread incidents at the Tutwiler Prison for Women in Wetumpka, Alabama that extends from 2009 through 2011 and is compiled by statements made from more than 50 female inmates.

This is an absolute disgrace to the badge and an obvious civil rights violation to all of the women involved.

In many situations like this across the state and in this prison in particular, women are placed in special holding and punished when they try to speak out against the horrendous acts perpetrated against them. These women are still humans and don't deserve to be treated like this.

This isn’t, however, the first time the Tutwiler Prison administration has been under fire. Up until 2007, HIV-positive inmates at the facilities were segregated from other convicts and forced to attend separate dining facilities and places of worship.

I guess they didn't know that you can't transmit AIDS by praying in the same room.

Some inmates have also told the EJI that they became pregnant as a result of rape inside the prison.

The Equal Justice Initiative is a nonprofit in Alabama determined to help women inside and outside of the prison system to get equal treatment as men.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I would expect no less from the likes of prison guards. They are police department rejects, after all.

No offense to the 3 or 4 good prison guards out there.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   
I would usually agree.

On another note I dated a girl who became a "corrections officer" later, albeit at a county jail. That is so weird since I spent a night in the jail she works at, and saw her the next morning.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   
some people are like a bad thought. best just to remove it from existence

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by biggmoneyme
some people are like a bad thought. best just to remove it from existence

Hitler thought so too.

I don't think anyone should be removed from existence, but rather brought to justice.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous404

Pretty sure this is old news.

I'm surprised at the responses so far.Right,PRISON inmates never lie.

It's always the man doing them wrong.As long as is it's an accusation against any type of Law Enforcement it must be true!

No a bunch of criminals wouldn't lie now would they? Give me a break.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   
"Many of them reported encounters with the warden that they characterize as abusive, threatening and intimidating," Stevenson adds. "The women report that when you complain, you are placed in segregation and are subjected to very aggressive treatment by investigators and other staff. It is not an environment that encourages people to come forward with instances of abuse."

Uhmm..you're in prison.What the hell do you expect it to be like when you meet the warden?Because you're a woman you want flowers and chocolates laid out all over?Seriously? YOUR IN PRISON! You're treated that way because YOU ARE A CRIMINAL! And if you expect them to take your word for it well...you're an idiot.

Okay I'm done.To me you are a criminal.You deserve nothing but the BASIC human needs.You're there to be punished.Not to have a good time.

+9 more 
posted on May, 25 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by nightstalker78

No one deserves to be raped.

Prison inmate or not.

The end.
edit on 5/25/2012 by Anonymous404 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by AwakeinNM
I would expect no less from the likes of prison guards. They are police department rejects, after all.

One the most ignorant posts I've read on here. And I usually respect your posts,even if I don't say so.

To say that they're all PD rejects is childish.Some of you need to get off the computer and take a step into the real world.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous404

No one deserves to be raped.

Prison inmate or not.

The end.
edit on 5/25/2012 by Anonymous404 because: (no reason given)

I do agree with that.I'm not saying they deserve it.Of course no one does.

What I'm saying is look at the source.Criminals aren't exactly the most reliable people now are they?

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   

To me you are a criminal.You deserve nothing but the BASIC human needs.You're there to be punished.Not to have a good time.

And those basic human needs are rape and violence?

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maluhia

To me you are a criminal.You deserve nothing but the BASIC human needs.You're there to be punished.Not to have a good time.

And those basic human needs are rape and violence?

Yes those are basic human needs.Their fellow inmates will help them with that though.

But you know exactly what I meant.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   

No, we don't.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by nightstalker78
No a bunch of criminals wouldn't lie now would they? Give me a break.

Which criminals are you referring to?

More than 20 employees of Tutwiler Prison have been fired or transferred during the last half-decade for crimes relating to illegal sexual activity, reports the AP

Makes me wonder how they were caught though. If women fell pregnant to them as the article states it would be pretty hard to deny.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Yes you do.Basic human needs.Food.Shelter.Shower.

Your article was posted to try and get more people to hate anyone that has anything to do with LE.

And that's just sad because you're siding with a bunch of criminals.But really that doesn't surprise me since that's what most of ATS seems to be doing these days.Consider the damn source is all i'm saying.I'm not saying it doesn't happen.But let's look at an alternative.Who's to say these "females" didn't try to seduce the male guards than claim rape as some kind of retribution? To me,THAT is probably what happened than what your article says.They're guilty of misconduct not rape.
edit on 26-5-2012 by nightstalker78 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by NuclearPaul

Illegal sexual activity does not automatically equal rape.See my post above.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   

reply to post by NuclearPaul

Illegal sexual activity does not automatically equal rape.See my post above.

In a prison with female inmates and male guards, what is illegal sexual activity other than rape?

EDIT: Even after reading your post 4 times, I still see it as wrong on the guards' part as even agreeing to have sex with the inmates.
edit on 5/26/2012 by Anonymous404 because: added information

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   

My guess would be having sexual contact while on the job.I'm guessing "illegal" is the wrong word here.In reality this is probably a poorly run prison.And the guards got busted for having sex with the inmates.And the inmates got scared of being punished and claimed rape.It DOES happen.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by AwakeinNM

I built sheds and steps with a guy whose day job was correctional officer. Dude was a real control freak and a major league Ahole.

What those prison employees did in Alabama though was criminal and they should pay the price.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Yes you do.Basic human needs.Food.Shelter.Shower.

Your article was posted to try and get more people to hate anyone that has anything to do with LE.

And that's just sad because you're siding with a bunch of criminals.But really that doesn't surprise me since that's what most of ATS seems to be doing these days.Consider the damn source is all i'm saying.I'm not saying it doesn't happen.But let's look at an alternative.Who's to say these "females" didn't try to seduce the male guards than claim rape as some kind of retribution? To me,THAT is probably what happened than what your article says.They're guilty of misconduct not rape.

You seem like a charming young lass, albeit devoid of empathy and basic understanding of human interaction, i hope to meet u one day and give u a hug, it sounds like u need one. We live in a country that houses more non violent inmates than most countries combined, often based on an herb the earth created. Im not here to preach, merely observe....what i have noticed is that u unfortunately see the world in a sadistic black and white filter......good luck with your journey of enlightenment.....you have many lives a. to see the grey area.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join