It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The FBI Is Now (Officially) Spying on Your Internet Activity

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Wertdagf

Wow...

Everyone deserves privacy unless he/she is a serial killer/rapist.

I believe more people deserve privacy than deserve not to have it. The. End.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous404

what about religious people who mutilate their childs genitals?

i dont think privacy will exist in the future, but i see a reason for its existance only in hiding things from stupid people,

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Wertdagf

As an atheist I believe that places them in both categories, both as a sexual predator and as someone who has absolutely killed someone's childhood.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by SoulVisions
Yes, they are looking things over, Words such as:

Link to list of Words Monitored by the government agencies (even longer)
What I don't understand is this: If someone or some group is intelligent enough to be hatching a plot or what have you, wouldn't it stand to reason that they would deliberately avoid any words that might call undue attention to themselves?

Since the days of land line conversations, people who have something to hide or are doing something illegal usually have a speaking code. So, in essence, isn't this "list" totally irrelevant and resources end up being spent on the 14 year old who is denouncing a verbal "attack" or his/her parent had a heart "attack" or that video game is great on "attack" mode. It's just absurd, and obviously serves no purpose other than a thinly veiled excuse to monitor all traffic.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous404

Then we both know what must come to pass before such things are removed from society.

the abolishment of privacy is an inevitible stepping stone on the path to such things. Enjoy the privacy you have in your thoughts while it lasts.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   
I can understand why the FBI needs to be all up in your business and all. People are mad and angry, no jobs, no life and everyday someone wants to kill or plot something dangerous to hurt the "innocent" so.......Its a good thing I suppose but then again....

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 01:50 AM
link   
The government created it and thus, technically 'owns it'. I would want to watch what people do using my equipment, wouldn't you? Also, "enemies" are finding new ways of communicating and the intelligence agencies need to keep up. Whether you want to believe it or not, it is for the greater good.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital
The government created it and thus, technically 'owns it'. I would want to watch what people do using my equipment, wouldn't you? Also, "enemies" are finding new ways of communicating and the intelligence agencies need to keep up. Whether you want to believe it or not, it is for the greater good.

...right

No one believes the "greater good" drivel, and anyone that does obviously should feel very conflicted about ever being on a website like AboveTopSecret in the first place.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous404

Originally posted by daaskapital

...right

No one believes the "greater good" drivel, and anyone that does obviously should feel very conflicted about ever being on a website like AboveTopSecret in the first place.

What do you believe then?

Why would the government want to monitor people on the internet? Without going into a conspiracy essay, please tell me. Individual people's search habits are not entirely interesting after all. As i said, "enemies" are finding new ways to communicate, and the internet is one of these ways, with ever increasing apps and such.

While some actions may be considered invasive, sometimes they are to help the greater community. Put it this way, if one were to construct a weapon and use it to eliminate civilians in your area, and that said person was caught using this type of surveillance, wouldn't you be glad?

While ATS is a conspiracy site with paranoid members, they need to believe the world does not revolve around them. I'm sure the average agent sitting on his computer wouldn't give two #s about what people's activity is as long as it isn't against the law or pose a threat to civilians.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

As a stand up comedian, I reserve the right to search and make fun of what I damn well please as long as people I perform in front of enjoy my material.

I don't want to be taken to jail in the future based on something I look up, and for material I look up some really f***** up things.

Now, put yourself in my shoes. If one agent without a sense of humor doesn't realize that most everything I post online is a joke, it could be taken the wrong way entirely.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous404
reply to post by daaskapital

As a stand up comedian, I reserve the right to search and make fun of what I damn well please as long as people I perform in front of enjoy my material.

I don't want to be taken to jail in the future based on something I look up, and for material I look up some really f***** up things.

Now, put yourself in my shoes. If one agent without a sense of humor doesn't realize that most everything I post online is a joke, it could be taken the wrong way entirely.

I see where you are coming from. I also see where the agencies are coming from...

I think the agencies should try surveillance techniques that doesn't expose innocent civilians, but i guess it must happen in order to make sure no one poses a threat to others.

Put yourself in the agent's shoes. They probably scroll through endless # all day (i have no clue lol). They would need a laugh every once in a while. If you're generally worried about that, move to Australia, at least over here we all have a sense of humour

All this being said, i think there are more important things for agents to take care off than profiling people for no reason at all. I'm sure they take their job extremely serious and would only care for things which pose threats to the country and/or it's civilians.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 03:12 AM
link   
oh i've got something for these agents to spy on...........

my middle finger! i have no empathy at least for these agents who want to be up in everybody's patootie. a quick ten people who did not use the internet to plot out acts of great violence

1. ted bundy

2. richard ramirez

3. charles mansons wives

4. albert fish

5. edward teach

6. the son of sam

7. issei sagawa

8. Andrei Chikatilo

9. john wayne gacy

10. jack the ripper

you don't need the internet to be crazy. you just need a pulse. what the internet will at least be safe? screw that! first they censor the internet then come brain implants that will electrocute you until the non pc thoughts stop. all the fbi catches is ebola then sends it to plum island. i don't even trust people that i know, how am i to trust someone just surveiling what i say and do on the internet? so they can say "he said boompoop, get the rope lets string him up cause he said yeah anarchy" i don't need any big brother/family and they can get out of the internet. if a police state doesn't gain the trust and will of the people away from the computer what will make it okay on the internet? if people with a destructive agenda are smart they won't sy shnit on the internet at least nothing that makes sense

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by sylent6

The FBI Is Now (Officially) Spying on Your Internet Activity

gizmodo.com

According to Declan McCullough, the National Domestic Communications Assistance Center has a mandate to try and crack skype conversations, analyze internet traffic data, and build wiretapping hardware. But its not for investigations of its own; the goal is to develop new technologies to help make it easier for other law enforcement agencies to spy on us.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Already been happening for about 4 years now. I know this for fact.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Does this mean we need to reserve a spot in the FEMA camps?

Just about everything I post contains one of the suspect words....guess I am on the list!

Bar-B-Que at the nearest FEMA site!

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Meh.. there are not enough employees in the FBI to even lightly skim a tiny portion of the Internet browsing that goes on daily in the U.S. alone. I'm honestly not too worried about it. Morons like Anonymous will get our rights and privileges stripped away and monitored more specifically, well before I am worried about the FBI reading my emails.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
They look too hard at my, uhh, junk

they might just get to see, uhh, my junk.

lmao lmao lmao

bring it uncle feddy, you gonna funk up and get your eyes burnt

baaahahahahahahaaaaaaaaa

You guys know I'm kidding, right? Guys? Guys?
edit on 26-5-2012 by rbnhd76 because: Tough crowd

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
so the fbi's spying on us big deal. Corporations have been tracking us for years. its true. if you have firefox, get the collusion addon. you'll quickly see what i mean

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
So dont use skype? whats so hard about that? anyway screw them its not like they are going to respond to things in an extreme way just yet. They just want to snoop and collect info on people that are not blindly patriotic so they can put them in fema camps when shtf lol.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Reminds me of this video

Orwell's 1984 is a documentary in written form

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
The list includes words that are used in everyday life and posted here on ATS about every 3 minutes.

So...who's to say that watch lists aren't universal.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join