It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone else have a financial collapse dream?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   
I'd been sitting on this for 2 days. This dream I had, was so realistic, it was like a real memory in my daily experiences, instead of a dream.
In the dream, I was an employee at a financial firm. The company president was a woman, smart middle age lady who might remind you of 'Captain Janeway' sorta. Well, I was in the ladies' bathroom at 'work' and the workday was ending, with all the employees gathering their purses and briefcases ready to head home. But the president was in the bathroom with me and other gals, and addressed us as we stood around her, she was urgent and in a state of alarm, and told us that "it's all coming down" (the whole economic systems) and that all of us needed to stop at grocery stores on the way home, and hoard, basically, because the shelves would be emty in a couple of days. She also told us that we should all stay home or whatever, and not try and venture into the company tomorrow.
I can't shake the memory of this dream. I do not work anywhere, presently, and I'm not hoarding from stores. See, my attitude is, if a SHTF happens, I'll deal with it then. This is not many people's style, but it's mine. So why in the hell would -I- of all individuals, have a dream like that.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Well…Hanging out here on ATS is probably not a good idea. Every other thread talks of world ending scenarios and the fall of America. It’s unavoidable.
edit on 25-5-2012 by Propulsion because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Every time I look at my check book.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Saucerwench

Can't say that I have. But I would call it a nightmare lol. Trust me nobody here on ATS wants the STHTF. They might talk like they want it to but deep down inside they have no idea what it would mean. People would starve to death there would be mass panic and neighbors would kill eachother for food. Just try to not think about it before you go to sleep...keep your mind on something else.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   

I can't shake the memory of this dream. I do not work anywhere, presently, and I'm not hoarding from stores. See, my attitude is, if a SHTF happens, I'll deal with it then. This is not many people's style, but it's mine. So why in the hell would -I- of all individuals, have a dream like that.

To wake you up that the idea that "I will deal with it when it comes" it just denial and frankly plain stupid. Get prepared now. It will be hard to deal with even for those prepared. Those unprepared will deal with nothing but their impending deaths as most will end up casualties of the chaos when it happens. That is not dealing with it that is just reacting to a very bad no win situation.

Let the hoarding begin and stop being pig headed!

edit on 25-5-2012 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

I have a lot of pet stuff stocked up for my cat, who is a big boy, and often hungry. I'm thinking I'll just eat the kibbles if I have to, because more and more I find human food inedible. Not only is it void of nutrition, but it's full of poisons. I got lazy and had myself a frozen pizza, and now I can't get this soury taste out of my mouth. It's not a food after taste. I do have a water purifier.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Saucerwench
reply to post by hawkiye

I have a lot of pet stuff stocked up for my cat, who is a big boy, and often hungry. I'm thinking I'll just eat the kibbles if I have to, because more and more I find human food inedible. Not only is it void of nutrition, but it's full of poisons. I got lazy and had myself a frozen pizza, and now I can't get this soury taste out of my mouth. It's not a food after taste. I do have a water purifier.

So you stocked up for the cat but not yourself and plan to eat the cats food if the SHTF and let the cat starve and you think that will help you weather the storm LOL wow!... You should probably start using that water purifier now it sounds like you have been drinking fluoridated water,

Well you will do what you will do ignore your dream warning at your own peril i guess, a lucid dream with a clear cut message like that is usually a message from your higher self, good luck.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

Me and cat will share, and I will eat sparingly. He is my baby.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Ever since the GOM disaster I have actively kept a well prepared pantry. I was a "supply freak" from nutrition tabs to surgical kits. I never really gave the financial part of the "end" much thought other than it is inevitable; I never really took much credence in collecting gold and silver because shiny just does not fill my stomach nor does it fill my garden.

I did have a dream, this past summer, I can give you minor points to the dream but for the sake of suspicious talk I will not go into details.

It was me, a Bank, a sword, and then no Bank. (that is the general premise)

Odd really since I don't even have a bank account anywhere!

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
My financial dreams kinda collapsed for real after my car accident. Little different than a dream about it.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Well, even if the dream were a warning, and the S hit the F, and you were to go to the grocery store, how much do you think you would be able to pick up, especially if everybody else also had the same idea? In a SHTF scenario, they say the average time it would take for grocery shelves to empty would be approximately 3 hours.

I have 9 cats, so needless to say I have bought a bunch of extra food for them (bags and bags, plus canned food). However, I have also been buying food since March 2011. Not all at once, of course, but each time I grocery shop, I buy extra cans of stuff (veggies, meats, soups), plus I have a great deal of bags of flour, sugar, dried beans, rice, jars of peanut butter, boxes of crackers, etc. I also buy drinking water, and I use old plastic jugs that are empty to hold non-potable water to use for bathing and dish washing. I even buy bags of charcoal, because at the very least I can heat foods over charcoal. I've also stocked up on vitamins, herbs, and OTC meds like aspirin, ibuprofen, acetominophen, allergy meds, and even potassium iodide (for radiation). I do a little each time I shop.

There are some dreams that we must pay attention to. This may be one of those dreams. If nothing happens, then you have extra food and water and kitty food and other supplies. Buy canned goods when on sale, and always have extra staples.

I wouldn't rely on stores, because if a financial collapse happens, your money will be worthless, or will be worth so little that you couldn't buy much at all. Don't think it can happen?

My husband used to work for a scale company many years ago, and he was in Mexico in 1994 installing a scale for a large cement company. Overnight, their currency devalued by over 50%, and everything suddenly doubled and tripled in price. The whole economy ground to a halt, and the Mexican Peso became fairly worthless. See: www.brookings.edu...

"It is not speed that kills, it is the sudden stop".

Don't be surprised if your dream is a prophetic warning, because the economy is behaving in strange ways lately, and it is important to be prepared, and to buy things before they double in price and you can no longer afford them.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   

I've had multiple dreams since the early 2000s, but here are two.

Close to my home, there are two intersecting highway routes that have 3 large malls and have countless other strip malls and stores all within a short span of 3 to 4 miles. It's the kind of highway that is always congested and slow moving because the store parking lot entrances are directly off the highwway. Well in my dream, I was driving down this highway and there was not a single person on the road. The sky was gray and gloomy and all the stores were abandoned and many were boarded up with wood. I woke up from the dream as I was thinking "oh my god, all these people are going to die" and was on the verge of tears. I was very depressed for a while after and started getting nervous in 2008 because a large number of those stores actually started closing down. It seems that in 2009 and 2010 things started to change and they renovated the oldest mall, but is there no telling whether or not that will be the end.

Around that time, my aunt came over for a visit and I told her about my dream. I also mentioned that I felt it was a warning that the American economy and the dollar was going to collapse. She responded with "puhlease, get out of here, that is ridiculous, America is not going anywhere, I don't want to listen to this" and she walked out of the room. I kind of feel that my dream was a warning, but I don't know why I felt the abandoned highway meant that everyone was dead. Maybe things got so bad that people starved to death, I don't know.

Shortly after that dream, I had another dream where the economy got so bad that the New York City subway system closed down. I don't know how, but I met this rich man who asked me to take his daughter to the UK. Things had gotten so bad in the city that the man felt his daughter's life would be in danger if anyone knew her father was rich. I agreed to go and he arranged for the girl and I to take a secret underground subway from Manhattan to upstate new york, near the Canadian border. After we crossed into Canada, we took a plane to England, but as soon as we got there a war broke out. He gave me the address of his mansion in the country and told me we should be safe there, but sadly that was not the case. A group of soldiers had confiscated his mansion and were eating up all the food supplies that were supposed to be for me and his daughter. When I told them that the girl's father owned the hosue, they let us inside, but gave us a really small and dingy room. I was kind of nervous in the dream that the soldiers might try to rape us, but they didn't. Once they were done using up the majority of the food supplies they decided to leave. When we went to the front gate of the mansion there was an angry group of raggedy people who were asking for food. I told them that the soldiers ate all the food and there was nothing left, but they didn't believe me. They started screaming and trying to break down the gate and was threatening to kill us. I grabbed the girl's hand and ran towards the back of the house where we escaped into the woods. We wandered the woods for days and finally found ourselves back in the city. The city was its own nightmare, worse than what we had actually left in Manhattan. There were soldiers, I believe they were asian, wearing all black suits with helmets and gloves that completely covered their bodies from head to toe. The space for the eyes on the helmet were a black tinted plastic looking material that were shaped like upside down ovals, kind of like the way people draw alien eyes. Once in the city, we found out that everyone was trying to get into France on the only train that left the city. The train station was crowded and people would wait for weeks on the platform waiting for the train that was going to France. When the trains came, they were already completely full and people had push and squeeze to get on, but that wasn't all. The soldiers in black would make the train wait in the station for days before letting it go on its way and would raid the train from the front to the back, pulling people off before it was allowed to take off. The girl and I waited for weeks on the train platform hoping for space to get on and hoping the soldiers wouldn't pull us off when we eventually tried. Finally towards the end of the dream we were able to find a spot on the train headed to France. On this particular day the solidiers didn't raid the train and it was virutally empty. When the train started approaching France we could see that the country had erected a huge wall and defense around its borders. The whole dream was gray and gloomy until we saw France where the sun was shining only inside the gated wall. My family was already there, but since I had been through so much, I couldn't even feel any emotion when I met up with them again. It was the realest dream I ever had.

edit on 26-5-2012 by MaryStillToe because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
So it was near the end of May when I made this thread. Abouts 4 months later, and matters financial, have not improved, the unprecedented QE3 move, an example.

Last night, I had another vivid upsetting long dream about the US economy. A total collapse was underway, and the US government abruptly turned off the Social Security spigot. No more checks going out, no more electronic benefits funds transfers.

I know for a fact, some people will die if they do that.

Well maybe it was merely an anxiety based dream. Only my dream.

Would this government really do that, though??? I mean, really?

top topics

join