It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Extraordinary Intelligence of Dolphins

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by hoochymama

I've been around farm animals most of my childhood. Been pretty involved.

1. Each animal I've had has had it's own personality.
2. Each animal I've had has had the capacity to reason some things out. You can watch them do it. Often faulty reasoning, but reasoning nonetheless.
3. Most animals can "talk" to some degree--to the point where you can communicate with them, if need be.

Yes, they're likely smarter (especially those which have had time to gain experience) than we officially give them credit for, but most of the thinking out there is not high-level. For all that we're surprised by how smart these creatures are, the more we find out? The more we see that we're alone on that upper tier. That does not give us the excuse to dismiss the lower level intelligence.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by LobeDethFaurt

They are also known to express sadistic tendencies towards their prey and each other, just kicking the s**t out of them for no apparent reason and playing around. I once met a girl in a bar who had a dolphin tattoo and she thought that they were like angels, i just didnĀ“t have the heart to tell her what i knew.
www.environmentalgraffiti.com...

edit on 26-5-2012 by LionOfGOD because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by blah yada
Anyone who owns a dog doesn't even need to read this post

Hear here! I have a suspicion the curiousity that sparked this thread is a rather low level intelligence behaviour.

Oh WoW! Animals have a sense of self and can exhibit empathy! Puh-leeze. On what planet have you people been living?

Such is the ignorance.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join