It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brussels wants e-identities for EU citizens

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
"The European Commission is set to launch a substantial review of rules governing personal documents with the aim of making electronic identities take off across the EU. But the proposal faces likely opposition from civil rights groups and member states where identity cards do not exist. '

euractiv.com

Neelie Kroes, the EU's Digital Agenda Commissioner, will present by the beginning of June a new legislative proposal which aims “to facilitate cross-border electronic transactions” through the adoption of harmonised e-signatures, e-identities and electronic authentication services (eIAS) across EU member states, according to an internal document seen by EurActiv.

“A clear regulatory environment for eIAS would boost user convenience, trust and confidence in the digital world,” reads the paper. “This will increase the availability of cross-border and cross-sector eIAS and stimulate the take up of cross-border electronic transactions in all sectors.”

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   
that's what the world needs, more bureaucracy. a lawnmower cuts grass, politicians enact laws.

but that's what you get when you have thousands of politicians around the world going to work every day, 8 hrs a day for eternity.

so after every aspect of life is illegal or regulated, whats left.

do they just pull out swords and fight to the death until there could only be one.

government should be a part time job, and congress or parliaments should only be called when serious issues arise.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Well, if Brussels wants me to commit my entire life to computerised memory, to identify myself to government using RFID, catchpas, and so on, then it can do one very simple thing for me, for which votes and billion pound summits will not be required.

It can kiss my hairy, heavy metal butt.

The fact is that I do not get any benificial effect from Britains being an European Union member state. None. We are currently being dragged along in a storm of economic failiure, corperate level fraud, and fearmongering, that only came about due to the fact that Europe, or most of it, was putting all its eggs in the Euro basket, and that currency is currently collapsing.

If anything, the ridiculous ties that bind us to our European counterparts prevent the UK from doing something it sorely needs to do, and that is isolating itself entirely from exposure to European debt. Because we are all in this together (as our sickeningly out of touch leader might say), we cannot cut the idiots off from our private funds, which we in Britain sorely need.

Because of bloody Europe, no pension is safe, no savings account free from the risk of being raided by executive decree. Because of Europe there is no government department that can do its work effectively, due to enormous cuts to jobs and funding. Because of Europe, the bloody Conservative swines that have been trying to kill this countries working classes off by starvation and depression, since they first raised thier heads from the deamon deep they hail from, are finally in the clear to burn and cut and destroy the wellfare state which at least meant that healthcare provision was a right and not a badge of membership to a Masonic lodge, that housing would be provided for those who could not arrange it themselves.

Soon, Britain will be erroded to the point where a poor but hard working individual, will not be able to get help with any bloody thing, other than perhaps assisted sodding suicide, so if Europe, if that which has allowed things to get into this state in my country, and in others, that august body of expensive and useless SCUMBAGS want MY data, then can come and get it, and I will carve it in thier skulls with a hatchet, and paint it on my walls for all to see in the dripping that comes from thier stinking offal.

join