It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is your truth that you rely on? Have you ever experienced a personal paradigm shift in your lif

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
I think most people have some core beliefs (truths) that are unmoved for most of their lives. They are comfortable living in that paradigm. But what happens when the sky falls, and one has to admit that his/her personal truth was just an assumption. Has it happened to you?

Since the death of my grandmother I've been contemplating the concept of the soul. I did believe in it, but have come to the conclusion that all that exists is matter, and unconscious energy. (I want to mention "unconscious energy" because I don't believe that thermodynamic laws, regarding the conservation of energy, apply to this topic.)
edit on 25-5-2012 by AllIsOne because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
the truth is that you should not rely on truth, the paradigm shift is when you consider that those in charge have always been in charge, ever since time immemorial,. Technology is at least 15000 years behind what those in charge will ever let on.......

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
i remember one day years ago, directly knowing that everything has been brainwashed into me. I only like me favorite team because I was raised here, I only like the people I like because I know them, and so on and so on. I saw everything as relative.

A few years later, there it was. I directly remembered pre-existing prior to earth life and in this body. The memory came from a deep place within that was prior to the relative mind. I smiled and laughed. It made death a joke, a transition to go back home, to our original state, which is at least 1,000 times better than here.

Since then, I dont take earth/life/death as serious.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   
what came before was folly, sorry I wont dwell on it.

As far as after the "shift", I found I was at first just an Animal. Then as I aged just how as This animal, I was to surivive and flourish. Now I try to teach my little ones and everything in general to do same.

I think it important to understand your nature and respect it.

much peace.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by AllIsOne

I once believed in a christian god. That there is a purpose to this life. That cops were always there to help. That priests were holy. That the system was just. That everyone had an innate goodness within. That mankind was ever moving forward to a perfect world.

Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. Wrong.

We eat, we crap, we fight, we cheat, we oppress, we destroy.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
its all been studied and understood many many moons ago.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

I once believed in a christian god. That there is a purpose to this life. That cops were always there to help. That priests were holy. That the system was just. That everyone had an innate goodness within. That mankind was ever moving forward to a perfect world.

Yet we feel and love and cry and survive, which other way would you want it?

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

But then there's donuts, a stretch of beach, unexpectedly seeing a falling star...
Yes, there's a lot to be disappointed in, such as the idiot who insists that I eat my steak no longer flinching
or the covers of magazines who say if I'm not under 30 then I must be a hag, but I don't care one bit.
My paradigm shift came when I realized that those who didn't appreciate me or who I was had no bearing whatsoever on my happiness. I cut away the family ties that would have otherwise hobbled my progress in this world, left a husband who I could not trust, and now I am all the stronger for it. I can have whatever the heck I want now when I want it. I am going to school to advance my income and intellect, and even there, I do not suffer the fools or naysayers who think a woman shouldn't be working with either cutting torches or heavy equipment.
Live is absolutely beautiful now.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by allintoaccount

Yet we feel and love and cry and survive, which other way would you want it?

No sir, YOU feel love. And, I feel love. But, WE, the collective known as the human race, know only war and struggle and greed and power. Please don't confuse this with how you (and I) would wish it to be, but view it as how it is. History shows war after war after war after government collapse, after countries destroyed, after revolution, after greed...

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by volafox
reply to post by jiggerj

Yes, there's a lot to be disappointed in,

My statement has nothing negative or positive in it. It is merely a statement of fact. We have been and always will be a warring species, prone to lust for power and money. It is not right or wrong; it is what it is. We are what we are.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   

reply to post by jiggerj

My statement has nothing negative or positive in it. It is merely a statement of fact. We have been and always will be a warring species, prone to lust for power and money. It is not right or wrong; it is what it is. We are what we are.

I politely disagree with you. There are evolutionary reasons why there is a moral compass. There is right and wrong in absolute terms. There are material things and actions that are either beneficial, or detrimental to human life.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by AllIsOne

reply to post by jiggerj

I politely disagree with you. There are evolutionary reasons why there is a moral compass. There is right and wrong in absolute terms. There are material things and actions that are either beneficial, or detrimental to human life.

Hi, Not sure what is meant by 'evolutionary reasons why there is a moral compass'. Could you give examples?

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I had a paradigm-shattering moment after I learned about sociopathy/psychopathy, which was only within the last 5 years.
I had a few experiences, mercifully more rare than common, where I was interacting with thee most stone cold blooded 'person'. Not one shred of compassion, empathy, sympathy, introspection was in their brain. Not one shred. Okay, I'm no MRI machine, but you recieve their manifestations and glean such, that way. Prior to my learning about these different parallel humanoids, I AGONIZED, "How could he be like that, when I myself am a human being too, and am not like that. AGONIZED. It was so painfull, it was my dark night of the soul on a journey through hell.

KNOWLEDGE IS POWER. Ignorance isn't bliss.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I had some kind of change and is slowly becoming myself again, the thing I was before my experiances in this life. I still play around with duality and ego. For some reason I seem to be able to find out thruths about myself from my unconcions that my concions do not know. But then it seem I have something/somethings helping me that is clearly not human.
edit on 26-5-2012 by apushforenlightment because: spellchecking

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by apushforenlightment

But then it seem I have something/somethings helping me that is clearly not human.

What do you mean by that?

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   

reply to post by jiggerj

Hi, Not sure what is meant by 'evolutionary reasons why there is a moral compass'. Could you give examples?

Two examples:

Our body can't deal with cyanide. Bad for us.
A society thrives under stable, peaceful conditions. Good for us.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 04:10 AM
link   

reply to post by apushforenlightment

But then it seem I have something/somethings helping me that is clearly not human.

What do you mean by that?

I feel gentle caresses on my head sometimes and I do not know exactly what is making it. If I had a Christian mindset then I would probably call it angels. If I think in the hinduist way then I see it as chi energy flowing thru my crown chakra an outside energy flowing in. Or it might be a higher myself that is caresing my body. Also I live in a synchronicity enviroment where I often notice things that are wierd.

But then I do not really 100% understand my behaviours anymore.For some reason I sing opera like music that I think I create in words that do not exist and have a tendency to caress the air with my right hand like I am petting an invisable cat or pet or something. Maybe im just playing around with energies that I cannot see and understand.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 04:21 AM
link   
The truth that i rely on is - i am always where the happening is happening.
edit on 27-5-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 04:29 AM
link   
My Truth that i rely on is God.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 04:51 AM
link   
reply to post by jazz10

What does the word God mean to you?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join