It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gun Deaths Outpace Motor Vehicle Deaths in 10 States in 2009 New Analysis Shows

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous404
EDIT2: If we had tighter gun regulations then pu***** with guns would actually have to watch someone die. They would be WAY less inclined to take someone's life and be more likely to just beat their ass, which is the way it should be.

Perhaps, but perhaps not. We have about 12,000 firearm related homicides in the US yearly, but no one ever mentions that we also have about 6,000 more that do not involve a firearm. That's a large minority, and suggests to me that firearms are merely a convenience, and in their absence, most of these crimes would probably still be committed. They would simply find another means to do it.
edit on 26-5-2012 by vor78 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Kraft over at TTAG breaks this "study" apart into tiny little shameful bits: TTAG, Gun vs MV report

He first rips out the suicides.

Then tackles the "unabated" nonsense while throwing in a little "more guns = less crime" realities.

He goes into MV safety regulations, numbers of drivers and gun owners, numbers of gun uses, etc...
It's pretty thorough.

Good stuff.

Let’s sum up, shall we? Setting aside the fact that the freedom to own and carry a firearm is a natural, fundamental, and inalienable human, individual, civil, and Constitutional right subject neither to the democratic process nor to arguments grounded in social utility, ignoring the fact that defensive gun uses save twice as many lives as criminal gun uses take, guns are still safer than cars and gun owners are still safer than car owners.

edit on 26-5-2012 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous404

If you support anything that takes away the rights of the individual to defend themselves against home invasion under any pretext(which is what the 2nd amendment was for ~ to prevent the government from trampling your rights), then the same could be said for you.

So that leaves us with every side of the issue not having it for them.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
reply to post by Daedal

The vast majority of people killed with firearms are those with felony records and or in the process of committing a crime.

Can you cite a source for that stat?

Thanks in Advance.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
First they take freedom...then the guns...and finally they'll come for all the bananas.
Think it's silly? Me too...

And it's only going to get sillier. So remember to protect your bananas at all times.

Peace

edit on 25-5-2012 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

sorry they have taken the banananas.
they Dont let you grow your own.

they dont tell us what typ of deaths?
like how meny from cops killing people?
or do they Not add those?

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Doctors Are The Third Leading Cause of Death in the US, Killing 225,000 People Every Year

Check a few other stats while your at it.
Anyone can pull up stats to support their argument.

articles.mercola.com...

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by CynicalDrivel

If you don't know how to shoot someone with your gun and subdue them for the proper authorities without killing them then you should arm yourself with something less lethal.

I don't remember reading about guns in particular, so why is that the only part of the 2nd amendment that people see? There are other ways to arm yourself. It doesn't say you have the right to FIREarms in particular now does it?

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Motor vehicle deaths are on the decline as the result of a successful decades-long public health-based injury prevention strategy that includes safety-related changes to vehicles and highway design informed by comprehensive data collection and analysis.

You know someone has an agenda when they praise safety regulation laws.. irregardless of their existence making safety even less safe.

I could probably fill this post up with numerous links to studies, but frankly, those who commit to studies like these aren't interested in data or orderly conclusions drawn from data.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
More people must be buying German, guns and cars that is.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous404
I'm really not at all surprised.

Especially since this country has the most lax gun laws out of any country except those that are considered "our enemy"

EDIT:

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07
Yeah lets take all the drug related, prostitution, extortion rackets and generalise to high hell that guns=death!

No. People kill people! if no guns are used, then baseball bats/knives/karate/brass knuckles...whatever is available. I have lived in rough neighborhoods growing up so I know wtf I am talking about!

Right, because countries with tighter gun control have WAY more murders per capita than the USA does.

edit on 5/26/2012 by Anonymous404 because: added information

EDIT2: If we had tighter gun regulations then pu***** with guns would actually have to watch someone die. They would be WAY less inclined to take someone's life and be more likely to just beat their ass, which is the way it should be.

Have you ever killed someone with something other than just a gun? It's horrifying. You'd have to be a serial killer to do that more than once, and countries with tighter gun control laws have less serial killers.
edit on 5/26/2012 by Anonymous404 because: added information

Criminals always have gun access regardless of the law, so the law punishes everyone equally only in theory.

When someone becomes victim to some vicious crime, it is probably too late to wish you had a decent weapon.

And by the time you call the cops and they arrive, you will be abused and the perpetrator long gone.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join