It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rand Paul essentially endorses Mitt Romney.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
If there isn't already enough evidence to convince people that Ron Paul is not going to the white house, this should do it.

"What I would say is I do want someone who's been good at managing businesses that have been in failure and trying to turn them around. Right now I'd consider our government to be a failed business and so I think Governor Romney would be precisely the person I would want to turn around a failing business like our government."

www.opednews.com...
edit on 25-5-2012 by Bodhi7 because: fixed title

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Not to mention reports are coming in that Romney has been meeting with Rand. I don't think it's too far fetched to consider the possibility that Romney will try to get Rand as his running mate to get votes from Ron Paul's supporters.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
its pretty obvious that the mormon or the kenyan are going to get it.
keep your freinds close..........

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
There is no question in my mind from listening to that interview that Rand Paul is courting the VP slot. I can say that this is a better outcome than someone like Palin scoring the VP slot. Rand is articulate and just plain smart and well educated the on topics of liberty. If he end up even being on the ticket and Romney loses to Obama still the GOP is better for his efforts. nopaulnovote.org...

edit on 25-5-2012 by exitusstatuquo because: edited for errors.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
VIDEO:

I dont quite get it? Just standing behind his party or possible VP grab?

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Maybe he will get the VP spot and then we will get lucky and something happens to Romney. Voila, president Paul.

Kidding, but i hope he does have an agenda other than just openly going against his dad.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN

I dont quite get it? Just standing behind his party or possible VP grab?

He has no choice but to stay in the GOP and that requires endorsing Romney. And Ron Paul isn't going to leave the GOP either.

Rand might have VP ambitions but that seems like an odd choice to me. You would expect the Republicans learned their lesson with Palin.

And they only met for 30 minutes.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   
If he's willing to endorse Mitt Romney in any way, I'm not going to stand behind him on it. One of my fears is that he's not like his father. I can't respect that. Looks to me that if Ron Paul doesn't take the nomination, we will continue to see Obamas and Romneys take office for a long time to come. There's never been more need to replace GOP and Dem party leaders than now and hold them accountable for everything they do.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by DelMarvel

Like i suggested, it could be a way of grabbing Ron Paul's voters when Romney gets the nomination. I highly, highly doubt that is what's happening but it would be a pretty smart move on Romney's part.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   
now after listening to that interview he is not exactley endorsing romney,just staing the the obviouse.

edit on 25-5-2012 by haven123 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Not to bash the bashers, but an existing thread already exists.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I'd call that an endorsement.

The Paul's are on the same planet as the rest of us, not that of his psychotic roadies.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
They say smarts skips a generation. Rand Paul is no Ron Paul, and this proves it. Case closed

top topics

join