It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rand Paul's secret meeting with Romney & Surprising Endorsement:

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Proving once again that Rand Paul has flexibility within the party unlike his father, Rand Paul throws his support in Mitt Romney's direction. Rand Paul isn't stupid. He knows he has a future in the GOP. and Rand Paul could be a real threat to Romney if he isn't as conservative like the dems try to point him out to be. So with that in mind, would Rand Paul be offered a slot in a Romney administration? All signs point to yes! But What? could a two term senator do?

Then there's this matter of a secret meeting between the two as reported here:

hotair.com...

What does it all mean?

I actually wouldn't mind a Mitt Romney/ Rand Paul ticket. Romney would be smart to pick Rand Paul as his running mate because he will already be a challenger for him in 2016, anyway, this way if the republicans win in 2012, republican ideals will be secured in the white house until at least 2020. If Romney loses he will get publicity like Romney had for running in 2008!

edit on 25-5-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-5-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77

Proving once again that Rand Paul has flexibility within the party unlike his father, Rand Paul throws his support in Mitt Romney's direction. Rand Paul isn't stupid. He knows he has a future in the GOP. and Rand Paul could be a real threat to Romney if he isn't as conservative like the dems try to point him out to be. So with that in mind, would Rand Paul be offered a slot in a Romney administration? All signs point to yes! But What? could a two term senator do?

jjf3rd, I must have missed the part where he threw his support Romney's direction - at least any more so than his father has, saying much the same thing and depending Romney's actions at Bain against detractors.

As far as what a two-term senator could do? Not much worse than most of those other knuckleheads on the Hill, especially when Rand seems to have a much better grasp of a good many things than most of them do (taking as much after his father's views as he does) - given the specialization in most other positions I don't know if he'd be a good fit, but as VP and president of the Senate, there's not really a great deal he's got to specifically know, and he wouldn't come into play other than in deadlock situations.

I will go so far as to say a Romney/Paul ticket would be preferable to most other options, come Romney being nominee or president - but even that doesn't give me a great deal of hope for much of anything better than what we've gotten with Obama (...or Bush, or most other recent presidents presiding over the decline of american society and sharing all too many of the same wrongheaded or outright wicked ideas).

Take care.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Praetorius

jjf3rd, I must have missed the part where he threw his support Romney's direction - at least any more so than his father has, saying much the same thing and depending Romney's actions at Bain against detractors.

He said, that he would prefer to have a business person on board. Somebody that knows how to turn around the economy, someone who sees it like he does. That the government is like a business.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
DeJaVu all over again.

The Search Button is ur Friend.
edit on 25-5-2012 by hoochymama because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I failed to see where he endorsed Mitt Romney..

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77

He said, that he would prefer to have a business person on board. Somebody that knows how to turn around the economy, someone who sees it like he does. That the government is like a business.

Ah, that's my bad for getting distracted and not catching that bit on the first viewing.

In that case I'd have to say this is another of the few points I disagree with Rand on - I have pretty much zero belief that a country can be run the same way a business can given their various differences, and the president himself also honestly does not have (properly, if operating within limits anyway) anywhere near the amount of control over a country as a CEO or various other executives might have over a business they're running.

And, coupled with some of Romney's other issues...I've pretty much just gotta say bad call on Rand's part there. Oh well...if we end up with these people in office, at least it won't be anything we're not already used to...which is sad.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Apologies, closed in error.....
edit on Sat Jun 9 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

top topics

join