It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

say BYE BYE to ice cream

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Everything in moderation is my philosophy......
Why buy this icecream with all the additives in the first place? I wouldn't give it a second glance. These companies aren't stupid, they know most people haven't got the time or patience to care, especially children, who don't know the difference.
I personally prefer fat coke, because i have known so many people in the past who have become addicted to diet coke and they really didn't care what was in it or why they were addicted to it! Nowdays most have lost their teeth and some are more over weight than they care to admit! I occasionally have the odd glass of coke or mixed with something stronger lol I am not over weight and still have all my teeth.
Imagin at a kids party diet coke and icecream with Betty Crockers special additives in it?!!!
Keep the ritalin handy!

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 06:31 AM
link   
adnachiel21 thank you dear, thats what im trying to say. certainly a lot more cheaper if you have a blender.
i think there is nothing wrong with milk, it has natural calcium, if not killed by pasturization of course.
eggs are chicken fetuses too but we eat them. its all about the protein.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 06:39 AM
link   
There's no bacon flavoured ice cream (that I know of or around here), and that's why I don't eat them.
Watch out what you eat indeed. This is not 1920.
In places like the US, they're poisoning the masses. It's all part of the depopulation process, in my opinion.
Like, those who don't understand the system are left munching on death, those who understand the system, sell you those products.
They deem us unworthy if we ourselves keep on consuming.
Eat well, keep an eye out because, today, the world's gone mad.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by adnachiel21

Oh, I assure you there are lots that still make home made ice cream at home, my mom and grandma used to all the time when I was younger. Honestly, it tasted better than the store bought stuff. But see over here a lot of people (NOT all) are all about convenience. Running to the super market and buying chips and ice cream or even sitting in a McDonald's line and waiting 10 mins, not counting the drive to and from the store ... make it 20 minutes is easier than cooking a meal at home

Pretty crazy I know, me personally I don't eat that fast food junk ... I eat mostly meat and vegetables, drink water and try and stay away from sugar. Kind of hard to get that kind of diet with fast food.

Curious tho, I do not remember my mom putting eggs in her home made ice cream, do you do that for flavor ?

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 06:46 AM
link   
okey guy and girl care to share an easy recipe?
because i tried making, even with the cream....and it got pretty hard.
what is the ingredient that will keep the ice cream....creamy...instead of hard like ice cubes?

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by happinness
I occasionally have the odd glass of coke or mixed with something stronger lol

OK, I confess I do that on occasion myself, about the only time I will drink a soda

There is nothing like Woodford Reserve mixed with some Ginger Ale and some ice, yum yum !

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by apporro

You asked that question and I Googled creamy Ice Cream and custard based recipes popped up which the ingredients call for ... egg yolks, haha. Guess I answered both our questions. Here is the LINK

Now, I feel cheated, I am gonna have to call up mom and ask why she skimped on the Ice Cream
I wanna try some some of this

edit on 26-5-2012 by Tazkven because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   
oh so the egg yolks are the thing that makes ice cream creamy instead of hard ice.
damn so nice to know.
thanks man! i really appreattiate!

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Tazkven

Egg yolks add fat which makes the ice-cream creamier and egg whites (beaten separately) add fluff.But you have to make sure that the eggs are really fresh.Home-made ice cream recipes

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by skywalk
reply to post by JayFlores

in the beginning the was no modified food, all we ate was mother nature food, now everything is modified and there is more cancer then there is cells in your brain.

so keep eating this junk food you cherish so much so you wont come pollute other people good ideas.

I agree in the beginning everyone ate mother nature's food. However, on the same note I can honestly say that I guarantee, unless you lived on a farm all your life and ate nothing but your own slaughtered animals and homegrown vegetables, no one that has posted on this thread has ever eaten mother nature's natural food.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by frozenspark

Turkey hill is pretty good..breyers too..all ing. that you can read and know.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by apporro

No Problem, we both learned something today thanks to adnachiel21

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   
yea wow, now we have a nice recipe to replace store ice cream. problem talking and solving.
im pretty happy, just made some yolk ice cream with strawberries and cherries
hope its creamy this time

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I spent the better part of my entire life consuming massive amounts of drugs and cigarettes. After 35 years of that I am still kicking. I would tell you the secret but then it would be like bragging so I can't.

By the way, I had to stop all that stuff because it was killing me.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
you can tell me

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 02:13 AM
link   
just to report i made ice cream with egg yolks, strawberries, cherries and milk.
and it wasnt hard as ice this time, it was kinda creamy...though in crystals.
i bet when i add beaten egg whites with sugar it will be even fluffier

because last time i added whole eggs but without beating them or sugar and it got hard as ice.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 05:30 AM
link   
We grew up eating all this
I wont say that these things do not contain these bad ingredients in them
But learn to balance things, and when you consume them, burn the excess fat by regular exercise, and live happy till the end!

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
When people say,,"ive always eaten crap and im healthy", that is some ignorant thinking. Know why ? because ive smoked for 20 years and im still healthy ,so should i quit ? I did bye the way and not because i got sick...I have always had a problem with frozen ice cream products because they all have propylene glycol which is the first thing in anti freeze,,,dont beleive me? look on the anti freeze in the grocery store...Thats old news...There are a few ice creams that are good in the grocery store,,,Talenti gelato vanilla is anazing, im going to look for the EEEs,,,but they also sell it in whole foods,,hoope it doesnt..

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I just looked,,not in the TALENTI...If you havent tried Talentilisten up,,,,,,,ICE CREAM IS MADE WITH OXYGEN,,so you are buying air....Gelato is PURE ICE CREAM,,,do yourself a favor, Talenti vanilla gelato,,,,,,BEWARE ..super addictive,,,,mix with coconut water for a great shake,,,PROMISE!

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join