It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Fall of The Empire - From BBC Features And Analysis

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
www.bbc.co.uk...

The news from Europe is getting worse by the day. Economic gloom across the continent and multiple crises in the currency zone.

With rising unemployment and inflation there are riots in the streets with forecasts of anarchy in some parts of Western Europe.

Amid simmering discontent there is a worrying rise of radical groups and populist right wing movements. In the fringes, secessionists are pushing for indepencnce, indeed for the breakup of the whole order under which we have all lives secure and comfortable lives.

At home in Britain, there are worryingh signs in every town, cuts in public services have led to closures of public baths, libaries, and the failure of road maintenance, food supply, and civic order.

There is a widening gulf happening between rich and poor, the rich are enjoying the lowest rate of taxes that they have ever seen, and continue to contribute less money than they ever have to defense and the running of Government, and have retreated away from the troubles to their country mansions.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sound familiar? This is Ancient Rome in the year 400AD, during the last 100 or so years of the empire before the collapse that led to about 800 years of the Dark Ages in Europe.

edit on 25-5-2012 by babybunnies because: To add link

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
global economies don't work. it's now country vs country battling for resources. which always leads to some kind of war.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

There is no problem with the food supply here thank you very much (tucking into homemade Chili Con Carne).

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Do you have a link to this please?

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by surrealist

Me eating Chilli Con Carne? No, I don't think it is worthy of a news report. I can't think for the earth of me why not.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
the mans empire is collapsing. Soon things will be dark and will continue to darken. We will rise up to dance upon the ashes of dictators but first must survive their collapse and last grasps of power. When the world goes dark dont lose hope a new dawn will emerge.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by surrealist
Do you have a link to this please?

Sorry ..... www.bbc.co.uk...

top topics

join