Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

List food supplements and vitamins you take and recommend!

page: 1

join

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
There's a number of great, all-natural food supplements that mainstream health professionals ignore and do not actively recommend to their patient, both sick and healthy. These "doctors" are brainwashed through an 8 or so years of medical training to believe that natural herbs and alternative medicines are a joke, and that pharmaceutical pills cooked up in some dark chem lab are the best, and sometimes the only, way to get and remain healthy. Even if these doctors suspect that there is more to alternative medicine than they are led to believe, they do not engage in promoting it for fear of being ridiculed by their peers, who too have been brainwashed by the Big Pharma sponsored med schools. Anyway, the point of this thread is not to discuss how misled and misleading many of today's doctors are.. with this thread I want to list some food supplements I take to remain healthy and to tip the balance of my health in my favor in the world where almost everything we eat is processed and created with some sort of artificial preservatives and flavors. Please contribute as well, as there are many secrets I am sure I am not too familiar with.

ACAI BERRY - Acai berry, the fruit of the acai palm tree native to Central and South America, is a dark purple-blue berry similar in appearance to a grape or large blueberry. It is known for its antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and cancer fighting qualities. It is also high in protein, helps lose weights, increases energy level. I take capsules that I purchased on Amazon (no link as that would be advertising, but do a search and read the reviews).

RAW ORGANIC APPLE CIDER VINEGAR - Apple cider vinegar is made from nutritious organically grown apples and retains many of the fruits’ beneficial components because raw apple cider vinegar is not pasteurized. And in its two fermentation processes, it produces enzymes and life giving nutrients that make apple cider vinegar the powerhouse it is.

APRICOT KERNEL - Apricot kernels--the seeds found at the center of the fruit--feature high levels of B17. Although technically not a vitamin, B17 has consistently been referred to as such. The Vitamins and Health Supplements Guide describes B17--also known as amygdalin--as possessing properties helpful for reducing pain associated with arthritis and lowering blood pressure. However, amygdalin's most commonly referenced attributes revolve around its purported cancer fighting and prevention capabilities. Please watch THIS video.

OMEGA 3 - Extensive research indicates that omega-3 fats reduce inflammation, helping to prevent inflammatory diseases like heart disease and arthritis. In addition to warding off inflammation, omega-3’s are also essential to the brain, impacting behavior and cognitive function, and are especially necessary during fetal development. Omega-3's are "essential" fatty acids, because they are necessary for health and must be included in your diet (because the human body cannot manufacture them on its own).

COLLOIDAL SILVER - Colloidal silver has been reputed by various studies to be able to kill over 650 micro-organisms. It has been reported to be effective in fighting against: acne, AIDS, allergies, arthritis, athletes foot, boils, burns, candida, cystitis, diabetes, eczema, hay fever, indigestion, parasitic infections, psoriasis, ringworm, warts and yeast infections. It can be used either orally or topically. When taken orally you can either place droplets directly under the tongue or it can be put into water and drunk. Silver is often used topically by spraying onto cuts, burns, skin infections or acne.

As with anything, these supplements must be taken in moderation and with proper understanding of the side effects they may have on each individual body.

Please list some other beneficial food supplements, vitamins, and natural remedies you take to stay out of hospital!

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
you only need 3 things for a complete diet of vitamin and amino acids and they are wheatgrass hemp oil and sea kelp which u can get in tablet form. These 3 things provides everything the body needs. this can suit a vegan diet however if your a vegetarian than goats milk also provides all the amino acids and is nearer to our mothers milk than bovine is.
edit on 25-5-2012 by minor007 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Now here's a thread I can sink my teeth into. As I have posted many times before, standard western (allopathic) medicine left much to be desired when it came to treating my rheumatoid arthritis. I had no choice but to turn to vitamins and supplements, which have been lifesaving for me.

I take three Wellness Formula vitamins / herbal supplements per day. It has an amazing blend which includes such fabulous herbs as astralgus, echinecea, and grape seed extract:

Vitamin A (as palmitate 4,000 IU & beta-carotene 1,000 IU) 5,000 IU
100% Vitamin C (from ascorbic acid, zinc ascorbate, Metabolic C™ [PureWay-C®-a proprietary blend of ascorbic acid, vegetable lipid metabolites and bioflavonoids], and calcium & magnesium ascorbates) 1,290 mg 2,150%
Vitamin D-3 (as cholecalciferol) 400 IU
100% Zinc (as zinc ascorbate) 23 mg
153% Selenium (as sodium selenite) 60 mcg
86% Copper (as copper citrate) 300 mcg
15% Sodium 10 mg

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I take raw garlic, vervain herbal tea, ginger roots (in infusion), lemon juice & an Amazing product i discovered some days ago called pure propolis:

edit on 7-8-2012 by D1ss1dent because: pic

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by D1ss1dent
I take raw garlic, vervain herbal tea, ginger roots (in infusion), lemon juice & an Amazing product i discovered some days ago called pure propolis:

edit on 7-8-2012 by D1ss1dent because: pic

What is pur propilis?

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   
You can't fix poor nutrition with supplements, so I eat as healthfully as I can and workout regularly. Genetics are against me, with severe heart, lung and memory problems on both sides, as well as family history of diabetes and thyroid issues. As of yet, I have none of these issues. I notice a huge difference when I take these supplements. These are specific to my needs, and wouldn't be your usual choices. When times are tough financially, I scale back but always stick with the multiple, B12 and the smoothie ingredients no matter what.

Whole food Multiple Vitamin/ Mineral (Vitamin Code Raw Women's from Garden of Life)
B12 (Vitamin Code Raw B12, for energy)
Cordyceps (Mushroom complex for immune system boost)
Turmeric (for inflammation & workout performance)
Cinnamon (for blood sugar regulation)
D Ribose (Enhancement of mitochondrial function and heart)
Royal Jelly (for female health, energy)
ALA (antioxidant)
Ubiquinol (more easily utilized form of Co Q10 for heart health, from Life Extension)
Bio PQQ (mitochondrial function, brain and heart health from Life Extension)
NAC (lung and liver function)
During flu season: Elderberry extract daily
My super smoothie recipe: Raw Reserve Amazing Greens (includes a 25 billion probiotic blend, digestive enzymes, essential fatty acids, land and sea vegetables and grasses), Sun Warrior Raw Rice protein (has a great amino acid profile and is delicious in the Chocolate flavor) with a banana and almond milk and sometimes a cup of fresh greens & cinnamon

new topics

top topics

join