It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So I was labeled as a nutcase and a gay because talking about Fukushima&Increasing earthquakes

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tuvok112
OP don't be discouraged by those fools! I get shutdown all the time but it doesnt phase me! Don't let it phase you either or the truth will never come out!

This is why I posted this thing to the forums, you guys give me much support and I feel very good now. Thanks!

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by RhinestoneCowboy

Originally posted by getreadyalready

I don't think we're supposed to say "a gay" anymore.

Otherwise, you are surprised that an intellectual conversation about foreign countries and current events didn't go over well with the fish cleaner and janitor lady?

Come on man, you got to get your material right for the audience at hand. Talk about the Miami Heat, Nascar, Budweiser, gas prices, fried foods, or child welfare services in that crowd, not Japan or Geography!!

Yeah I guess I should talk about Ice Hockey and beer and women etc LOL. That is more "non gayish" I guess LOL!

Or you could try and sneak some in via Nascar code:

"Did you guys catch that race yesterday? Holy SH** it was nuclear! The fallout from that loss could cost dude his sponsor! Did you see the tire blow out on lap 6 ? That thing probably landed in JAPAN! LOLZ"

ok. bye now.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by HIWATT

HHAHAHAHA YOU CONSPIRACIST ARE CREME DE LA CREME. I SALUTE YOU!

edit on 25-5-2012 by RhinestoneCowboy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by AaronWilson
Welcome to the United States. I was labelled a "faggot" for being up too date on current global events at my work.

The movie "Idiocracy" is sure getting it right.

Welcome to Finland too mate heh.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Well. I dont know how anyone could get to a gay conclusion from an earthquake. I find that alarming as a response. It could happen again, that is undeniable. Maybe the guy has read some stuff on radiation mutating the dna and making folks gay... I have read far worse and outrageous stuff... did you see the guy who made a video about atheists and how horses have backs....

The thing is, when i first heard a "conspiracy theory" from someone I laughed and thought, you nutter, as if..

I have most likely read a good 80 odd % of them now, over time. At first some were scary but I started to become good at researching them and deciphering them.

However I have seen many things happen that were spoken about over time.. so what seems like nuts will have an element of truth to it most of the time and that is the lesson that needs to be learned, learn to understand but not let it dominate your life. The awareness is all that is needed then you notice the signs.

Folks dont want truth if it changes their way of life.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
It's because you care.

Men are supposed to be stoic. Only sissies and homo's care.

Unfortunately it's due to years of conditioning, and people who don't know how they're supposed to act, so they fall for the conditioning easily. Stoicism works well for a world based on capital and war.

Don't let the idiots drag you down.

www.crystalinks.com...

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK
It's because you care.

Men are supposed to be stoic. Only sissies and homo's care.

Unfortunately it's due to years of conditioning, and people who don't know how they're supposed to act, so they fall for the conditioning easily. Stoicism works well for a world based on capital and war.

Don't let the idiots drag you down.

www.crystalinks.com...

Very interesting point my friend. Thanks for the link. Now that I think of that fishchief and his manners I regognize that he acts very "stoic" and acts "bossy" and even he walks like he owns the world. Typical Finnish Hillbilly LOL

edit on 26-5-2012 by RhinestoneCowboy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by RhinestoneCowboy

The manager of the fish section is probably worried his job will eventually be affected just like most of the fish in the Pacifc Ocean including that in the Gulf of Mexico. Altantic Ocean next?

In Australia and NZ, their fishing industry combined is worth approx $5.5B a year and I know there's a coverup by our Govt officials who refuse to test our fish - hence why I have'nt touched fish since a month after the Japanese disaster. I'm one of the smart guys who know everything going on in regards the South Pacific Sea.

Imagine if the fishing industry was broken and how many jobs would cease to exist? What that would do the economy plus the lose of wholesale/retail trade? It would be enormous especially for NZ.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Well I understand where you're coming from. I've never been able to hold normal conversations with people because I always want to talk about things that I think are important and those things are usually nerdy or frowned on. I feel like I live in my own world because I can't share my thoughts with most people. I don't think I'm crazy, but not being able to share things with others can be a hindrance to developing friendships. And quite naturally, I have zero RL friends.

And honestly, if I were there when you embarked on your rant about world affairs, I'd probably shrug off some of your fears too. I had lots of fears when I was under 30 and some were insane. For example, I grew up in a christian household believing that the earth was 6000 years old. I was a christian for the better part of 20 years. I stumbled on the subject of UFOs and thought they were the nephilim. Somehow all of that BS convinced me that Jesus would return in 2001. I would have thought it was important enough to talk about back then. But how much reception do you think I'd recieve with most people? Probably not much. In fact, if I met myself from back then during a coffee break, I'd probably want to walk away and mutter something about gay bars too.

No offense to gays, I have family members that're gay so I'm not bigoted or anything.

Just joking and also saying to you that it's easy to say stupid things.

Which is why I've moved my interests towards science and away from pseudoscience. Although I'm still fascinated by philosophy and about unanswerable questions about the universe. Like did the big bang happen? Are there other universes? Is it logical that there's a god? Is there other life in the universe? These questions are fun, but they're so far beyond my knowledge that it's a joke. I certainly don't have the educational background of a graduate in that field, so some of the things I post about have to make educated people roll their eyes and wish I spent my time better.

Yoiu know something else? I think that talking about these sorts of things is less efficient than writing about it. I find that it's easier to collect my thoughts in writing than in speech. But that's just me. I've always wished I had friend(s) to talk about these things with. But then I pause and think to myself whether that's even practical, unless I was in school and studying these things.

But it ain't fun not having friends. It has been this way for me since I was 15. I'm 34.
edit on 26-5-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

Well remember the gulf spill from Deepwater Horizon? And the Corexit they used to clean it up?

In fact, our rivers are no longer clean. They're like sewers now. They slurp up everything we discharge from our farms and land - lots of chemicals and ground water pollution. All of this goes to the oceans and does not include the micro-sized plastics and crap that comes off ships, the atom bomb tests, the illegal dumps of garbage, and so on. There's so much we're doing wrong, and we're overfishing too. Things are becoming a toxic trojan. Cancers are on the rise and so is obesity.

While our rivers in the US are dirty, they're still nothing compared to Chinese rivers.

And what about Coal Power? Every 10 years it's killing 200,000 people in the US alone. This is after they implemented a clean coal initiative. So before that it was even dirtier. And in the rest of the world they're still using older more dirty practices. We know that millions are dying every 10 years worldwide. And some of this is also going into our water. There're lots of toxins in the emissions.

I live in the pacific northwest on the columbia. I'm not far from The Hanford Nuclear Reservation. This is the largest nuclear waste dump in the western hemisphere and I'm literally sitting on top of it. They used it over some 50-60 years ago to make plutonium and bombs for military purposes.

Even after all this, believe it or not, we're still far from Armageddon. This is not Mad Max. It's not over. In fact, I think our planet Earth is becoming a spaceship. It's inevitable that this is what will happen. The earth will transform into a mothership and we'll live off planet too.

At night you can see earth's true self. It's a spaceship. Get a nighttime satellite image.

So this won't kill us off. But it will kill a lot of animals and earth-based lifeforms and many people will die from cancers and diseases. But we will survive and eventually become strongly space faring.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
i think you are looking way too into it. Is the gay club a well known gay club?

Mutated fish is a pretty weird topic to just come out and talk about. He probably meant it as a funny snide joke. IDK, why you are so personally insulted by being called gay. Are you perhaps new to this country? because gay is another term for stupid. IDK how or why that has happened. But it did. He was probably just calling you an idiot and that you should hang out with other people he feels are idiots for sleeping with other men! At least that's the reasoning I see for people against gays. Besides for the religious stuff.

So in a sense you are doing exactly what he told you to do. Go out in a "bar" ATS, and hangout with like-minded people. "Gays" or conspiracy theorists!

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by jonnywhite

For the most part, yes you are correct. I've been keeping a very close on on the Gulf of Mexico since day one and try telling Australians is like teaching them a whole new language. It's simply not covered here and nor is Japan's wows so I use other resources to stay informed and up to date.

A couple of days ago it was mentioned on TV that no Japanese person has gotten sick from radiation poisoning in Japan. I mean, are they were real? Five to ten years from now we will see the fallout as a whole new generation of Japanese babies are born.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13

it seems your sensitivity to the subject related to others in concerns with Fukushima and its effects on EA*RTH upset the individual who made the statments to you, do to them having a lack of compassion for others. So if you possess compassion for others dont feel bad another talked of you weird or made judgment on you due to them not caring as you do. I dont gather the connection made, but maybe its a hidden issue with the individual who couldnt get the importance of how this world can or would be effected by the disaster in Japan.

NAMASTE*******

This is overthinking it.

The other person simply thought the OP was being gullible when he brought up his fears about things. That's a very normal thing to do if you're older than the person expressing their fears. If somebody hypes up their fears and those fears seem to be out of place then it's only natural to shrug them off. This doesn't mean the person can't feel compassion or is angry inside. It's just an opinion they have. They're making a judgment.

But I get what you're saying somewhat. You're saying that this person doesn't understand what the OP is talking about BECAUSE they lack compassion and the will to learn broad ranges of topics, therefore, they don't understand and are unable to hold a conversation with the OP. My point is that a person can innocently think somebody else is stupid (and shrug them off) yet still be compassionate on many levels.

I mean, I've met many people who're passionate about global affairs and many people who're not. But they're both compassionate in their distinct ways. The people who're avid about being global citizens tend to be more modern and net-connected and even liberal The people who're more concerned with immediate reality (their surroundings, the people they know, the places they go) still have lots of compassion for things in that reality, but they don't spend as much time worrying about what's happening halfway across the world.

Look... right and wrong are MOSTLY subjective when the topic is more complex than a simple obvious murder of an innocent. See, we all understand that stealing from someone is wrong and illogical, but we don't agree on what the punishment should be and we don't completely agree either about the things people possess that can potentially be stolen. Can someone steal my sense of pride or my sense of privacy or my soul or my faith or??? And this is only the beginning. Right and wrong become fuzzier and fuzzier. Right and wrong tie into our political beliefs because our political beliefs ultimately determine where money is spent, and most importantly, which problems get fixed! So if person A and person B do not agree about what's right and what's wrong then when they go to the voting booth they will vote to fix different problems. Until we can ensure that ALL people feel the SAME about what's right and wrong then we will never be able to cut away the politics from the issue.

I consider myself more liberal than conservative.

I took a political compass test that showed this:
www.politicalcompass.org ...

My personality test(s) have shown something like this (this is 1 of 2 separate results):
Introverted (I) 67.86% Extroverted (E) 32.14%
Intuitive (N) 68.57% Sensing (S) 31.43%
Thinking (T) 53.13% Feeling (F) 46.88%
Perceiving (P) 54.55% Judging (J) 45.45%

My IQ is average.

There you have it: ME!

But I have a lot of respect for people of all political faith or leaning. I know that conservatives just fill a different part of reality. We all worry about different things. We all have a role to play.

Just don't be cocky or too sure about your opinions. Don't force them on others.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

I don't think we're supposed to say "a gay" anymore.

Otherwise, you are surprised that an intellectual conversation about foreign countries and current events didn't go over well with the fish cleaner and janitor lady?

Come on man, you got to get your material right for the audience at hand. Talk about the Miami Heat, Nascar, Budweiser, gas prices, fried foods, or child welfare services in that crowd, not Japan or Geography!!

I really doubt those alternative topics (with the exception of Budweiser) would go over too well in Finland either. Sometimes you just have to roll with it. Reminds me of a conversation I had a couple of years back, my friend asked me "What would you like to come back as?" I said "Probably a swan" "That's a bit gay" he replied. So I broke his arm.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join