It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USDA inspector visited my house this morning

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
A fine example of our taxpayer dollars at work. I would assume that you don't have a sign out by the front of your driveway that says "eggs for sale"? For that matter, you shouldn't have a "for sale" sign of any sort.

Sad, but you are now listed in a computer somewhere, as the inspector filed a report when she got back to her office, and fortunately your status will be listed as "non-commercial". It would bug me to know that.

Such things occur because tptb are concerned about logistics. (Viable resources.) Sorry you didn't make the list.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

That's ok. If I had made the list, as soon as I knew they were coming - we would be having a feast and there wouldn't be anything here for them but bones and feathers.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

Nope

Lots of no trespassing signs though.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 06:55 AM
link   
How are you getting along with your closest neighbors? Sounds like someone turned you in for investigation.

The investigators dont usually go around looking into folks with a few chickens. Someone had to alert them.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   
If the Kennian Communist has anything to do with it, they have to be getting ready for declaring marshall law and suspending "ALL" elections and proclaiming himself... King, Lord, GOD!

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by mysterioustranger

More than half of my neighbors have change chickens or other livestock. The rest have gardens.

: live: n a very rural area.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by stutteringp0et

Then you should ask around...see if theyve been to others?

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by mysterioustranger

I haven't heard of any, but our neighbourhood watch meeting isn't for another week or two. I'll be sure to ask around then.

The whole thing just didn't sit right with me. Maybe they were looking for people avoiding regulation, or maybe my gut was right and this is a preparatory step toward something nobody wants to see.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   

YO! you have NO obligation to talk to this person, and any thing you say will be used against you.

Only Law enforcement should be asking any questions and even then they need a warrant.

PLEASE learn your rights regarding this because every transgression leads us closer to tyranny.

Please learn Property Rights (thats your chickens, friend!)

You NEED to get a video recorder tomorrow because they will be back, and because they are overstepping thier boundaries, you can hang them with their own rope. But you need proof!
edit on 26-5-2012 by rainbowbear because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

Originally posted by chrismarco... they simply wanted to make sure you were not selling your produce/livestock to people that would require some level of inspection...sounds simple to me...

That shouldnt be acceptable by any measure.

You bought some laundry bleach last week. We just need to make sure you arent poisoning any one with it.

You have a drivers license. We just need to make sure you arent driving around drunk.

You dont have a drivers license. We just need to make sure you arent driving.

You have electricity. We just need to make sure you arent running grow lights for pot cultivation.

We noticed you were black. We need to be sure you arent a militant Blank Panther.

We saw you were white from the curb. We just need to be sure you arent a militant Klansman.

They cant just grab any possible indicator as a reason to involve themselves in your life. That's harassment.

ITS UNWARRANTED HARASSMENT PLAIN AND SIMPLE.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   

They are regulators (legally) of that industry and need no reason to inquire. And as an owner of livestock...they can show up anytime, anywhere at your place...as long as you own regulated livestock (and they are by the USDA).And apparently...they do ..and are...

Good luck at the meeting. Let us all know....

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   
I appreciate all of the private messages of advice sent to me, and I must apologise for not responding. I haven't reached the level where I'm allowed to send u2u messages yet. So, without dropping any names, I'll just say thanks!

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Only 7 more posts to go, SP!

I was talking with my mom, who used to take peppers in oil to craft shows to sell. They made her pull her stock from the shows, and everyone else selling them, because they don't have a "canning license". She had been doing it for many years.

She also bakes pies and cookies to sell, and they made her start labeling her pies and cookies with an "ingredient" label on every item. She would take 50 apple pies to one of these shows, and sell them all within a half hour. Now she has to go through an extra step, and print out a label to add to each of them. If she doesn't have that label, she can't sell anything.

Gubbernment interference. Argh!

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
wow,, thats awesome, so now they are making personal visits..
maybe they dont like people eating real food, instead of the franken foods that have been
so heavily modified. they must continue the cancer society research..

edit on 28-5-2012 by Lil Drummerboy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

I have kids and they're the primary reason I want to provide the food instead of subjecting them to the frankenfoods the world seems to love. I can't get away from buying the occasional happy meal for my 4 year old (he gets so excited), but I can make sure that the bulk of his food intake is quality food without chemical pesticides and chicken that wasn't fed antibiotics.

The ethical aspect is there too - my chickens are happy. Free-range doesn't mean an hour or two within reach of sunlight - it means the entire day roaming the pasture. Sure, my chickens aren't the monsters you can buy in the store - but the fat content is very low. And the eggs - the flavour is unbelievable.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by stutteringp0et
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

I have kids and they're the primary reason I want to provide the food instead of subjecting them to the frankenfoods the world seems to love. I can't get away from buying the occasional happy meal for my 4 year old (he gets so excited), but I can make sure that the bulk of his food intake is quality food without chemical pesticides and chicken that wasn't fed antibiotics.

The ethical aspect is there too - my chickens are happy. Free-range doesn't mean an hour or two within reach of sunlight - it means the entire day roaming the pasture. Sure, my chickens aren't the monsters you can buy in the store - but the fat content is very low. And the eggs - the flavour is unbelievable.

My free range chickens must be delicious, because everything except me keeps eating them! Chicken hawk got one 2 days ago, a dog got one the week before that. How do you keep them alive long enough to get any eggs?

I planted a garden, and stocked our pond with fish, and bought the chickens for the exact same reason as you. I want my 4 and 5 year old sons to have good wholesome food, and also have the life experience and skills of planting it, maintaining it, harvesting it, preparing it, and eating it. They LOVE going out to feed and water the chickens and lock their coop at night. They are excited to start collecting eggs once they start laying, and my 4 year old has added a line of gummy bears to the garden hoping they will grow gummy trees!

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

We have plenty of tree cover for the chickens to avoid death from above.

Two chickens were lost to my neighbours dog. Right after he killed the second chicken - he ate a bullet. The funny thing is that I didn't shoot him - my neighbour did! This part of the country still believes in personal responsibility. My neighbour knew he was responsible for what his dog did on my property - so he took care of the problem.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Funniest thing I've ever seen happened last night. The Chicken Coop I built is mobile. I move it a few feet every few days to help fertilize the yard and keep fresh grass under it. I let the chickens out in the morning before work, and I put them up a little before dark to avoid the owls that start hunting just before dusk. (We have 3 in our yard.) Last night, just after putting the chickens away, a big red-tailed hawk swoops in, dives under the Pear tree, banks hard to his right and I can see his talons are out and he thinks he is about to snatch a chicken, and then he mooshed up against the chicken wire! I can't believe he didn't see it. So much for hawk eyes, lol! He bounced back, his feathers were ruffled, he composed himself for about a second and then flew off up into a bigger tree and started grooming himself.

The chickens didn't even seem to notice? They didn't run to the other side of the pen, or squawk, or hide or anything? No wonder they get eaten.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join