It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cleansing an apartment, Need advice

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Darkblade71

Originally posted by CodyOutlaw
If it's not your home,
you have no right to cleanse it.

Well, this is something I was thinking about. I know some spirits hang out because that is where they felt happiest in life, and while they go through a period of rest, they get to chose where they do it. I don't think this is one of those situations, this seems to be something that should not be there. I do have permission from apartment management to cleanse it, as I have to work in it, and people will be moving in. I cannot allow something with a bad/sad vibe to stay, as it will disrupt the happiness of anyone who moves into the apartment.

If the apartment is empty, then it is a free for all.
A person, or persons, must claim this as their home, and then they must ask the spirit to leave, themselves.
Otherwise, it's like going to a public park, and asking another dude to leave because he has a bad vibe and it's harshing your mellow.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

Jesus Christ is the only one who can deliver a place or person from demonic activity.

Anybody else will just make the situation worse by annoying them. Unless you are a born again Christian and believe Jesus Christ is the risen Savior, I would not attempt to cleanse it, infact I would advise finding a new job altogether.
edit on 26-5-2012 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by JayFlores

Why are in this forum if all you are going to do is attack the OP and generally not add anything useful to the conversation?

And so I don't sound like a hypocrite...
OP, the other posters have given you a lot of good advice, but I would warn you to remain cautious and not try anything. While these methods may work, as one person stated before me, the spirit(s) may latch themselves onto you. I would recommend a professional, although a lot of the 'professionals' that I have met a little on the strange side. Also the one post about the EMF in the building is a good place to start, as there have been studies that link high EMF to paranormal occurrences.
Either way you choose to go with this, be careful. Spirits aren't things to mess around with.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I would go with salt put a little bit around and, it should help for some reason spirits don't like salt. I'm not to sure why thought it's kinda a mystery to me

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by JayFlores

it is your right to not believe but do not go offending others just because they think differently to you. You are very rude and they probably think you are a little child that cannot learn to think for themselves and that just because he has not experienced something or seen something himself then they all must be nuts.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by JayFlores
reply to post by GmoS719

Once again-WAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Fairy tales, stories and mind playing tricks. If these fairy tales truly exist, how come Ive never seen one?

Ohhhh...This is about YOU!!...Right??. wahahahahahaha...What a loser....here are 4 cents....go on and buy a life!!!!!

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Tsukikage

Salt saps or draws energy and spirits need and use energy. If they get too close it drains them. Also, some say it burns but obviously thats speculation, but it does burn an open cut on the living so who knows.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Tsukikage

reply to post by Agarta

There are a host of reasons why salt is good for keeping away spirits.
One of the reasons it keeps away spirits is because we use it to keep away spirits.

I know that's circular but hear me out.

Back in the day before chemical bleachers there were very few things in nature that were white naturally.
Sure you could use acids, or sun bleach them but very few things happened to be just plain white.
White things aren't very common in nature.
White also represents cleanliness or purity.

So when people needed something to represent purity in their spells they turned to salt.
Eventually salt itself took up the spiritual representation that people projected upon it.

That's one of the reasons why salt is good for purifying things there are others of course.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Well, I spent a few hours in the apartment last night.
The day before I sprinkled tobacco across the door to honor spirit and walked the rooms with a feather wiping energy away as I went through while imagining white light coating the walls and ceiling. Funny thing, I began walking a spiral just as was suggested without realizing I was doing it. When I got to the center, I opened up a portal of white light in my mind and sent said energy to the light. Something did go, but I don't know what it was.

Perhaps my imagination

No salt or sage needed, although I would of rather had smudge sticks.
I think a lot of it was residual energy from the former occupant.

Hopefully the people that move in will have a long happy life in the apartment.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Well, I spent a few hours in the apartment last night.
The day before I sprinkled tobacco across the door to honor spirit and walked the rooms with a feather wiping energy away as I went through while imagining white light coating the walls and ceiling. Funny thing, I began walking a spiral just as was suggested without realizing I was doing it. When I got to the center, I opened up a portal of white light in my mind and sent said energy to the light. Something did go, but I don't know what it was.

Perhaps my imagination

No salt or sage needed, although I would of rather had smudge sticks.
I think a lot of it was residual energy from the former occupant.

Hopefully the people that move in will have a long happy life in the apartment.

That's awesome, Darkblade! Bet you feel good knowing you helped release a spirit to go to the light where they can now continue to advance spiritually. Great job!!

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   
I had a visitor in my apartment when i first moved in. It took me many attempts to get rid of it, and even then I'm still not entirely sure its gone. Although I believe I often get a number of different visitors but most never stay long. Here is what I tried:

-cleaning apartment and putting broom outside door (symbolism for keeping out unwanted visitors)
-having a friend stay the night and telling them about the situation and to keep an eye out for any strange activity
-smudging using sage
-praying and using holy water/salt water (asking god to cleanse the water and make it holy) then using the water to draw lines across doorways and paint pentagrams on doors and windows.
-performing the LBRP (Lesser banishing ritual of the pentagram)
-reciting phrases/chants and spells
-visualising white energy filling all rooms whilst playing soothing music.
-meditating

I'm sure theres more I tried but that was the gist of it. I think in the end it boils down to how much power you hold over them versus how much power they hold over you. Its only perceived power though. What I'm saying is you need to declare this place is yours and they are not welcome, you do not permit them to be there, you will not stand for it.. get out now or face my/god's wrath! feel the power within and make it surge up and blast out in all directions like an expanding aura.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   

No real need for an EMF meter, you can always use a compass. Hi EMF areas tend to confuse compass's, just have an awareness of true North, and see what it tells you.

I also applaud the fact that you announced your intention. Also, one technique I have used in the past regarding suicide location, is to just be positive, and there for them, to talk to them.

I dont know if you have access to a tape recorder, but this does help understand the logistics of the situation. You can always go one step further and try and find a recorder with an external jack in order to have a direct 2 way converstaion. It takes time to get used to hearing, but it will come. An alternative means is to use a LED flashlight for communication, ask it yes or no questions, and for anything more complex, for example a name, you can ask it to turn it on or off, while slowly going through the alphabet. This is assuming that it is an intelligent energy, and not a place memory. Do not open yourself up to interpesonal attempts too often, especially without being assertive and being of a strong, constitutional will, as some entities impersonate others in order to manipulate, such as the Zozo entity.

Respect is as important, to the living as it is to the dead.

Treat them as you would want to be treated.

The smudging and salt/oil would have been my first answer, but that was covered!

Regards.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

I wonder if we could try and leave Theology out of this conversation, I mean read your post, you are on a high horse, telling me that I cant do, what I have been doing for a long time. No disrecspect to you or your beliefs, I love everyone equally, but it just seems like a passive sort of hypocrisy. In the end, it is all about positivity, and energy, not a name (Jesus Christ) we need to rise above names, as it says in the bible "Names give others power over you" and also "I am the great I am" which if you know your theology, means that the question to the answer "Who are you, what is your name?" is completely irrelevent.

Much respect, and I would like to hear you interpretation, and view on what I have expressed.

I look forward to more communication.

Respect, Love and Peace

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by JayFlores
Huanted? WAHAHAHAHA!!!! What are you? 12? Grow up and get real. Ghosts are fairy tales to scare little kids. Apparently you didnt get that memo

Why are you in the paranormal section if you don't expect to hear these so called 'fairy tales'? Didn't you get the memo explaining that to you? The clue is in the title of this section of ATS.....Duh!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Does anyone on this thread know DarkBlade71 personally, or live close to him?
He posted something very scary that happened to him on 5-30-12, and he hasn't posted anywhere since then!

I'm very worried something terrible has happened to him because he usually posts on my thread at least every other day. Please keep him in your prayers, meditation, or whatever good energy you can send his way!

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Well Might i suggest one of the Banishing Rituals of the Pentagram? *lesser for spirits greater fo Demons* But do not attempt on your own, please make sure that it is done by an experienced Magus... otherwise it might not work

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Awwww, I am ok Sled! Just got really busy with work and slammed with apartments.

I had another strange experience that is ongoing within the building.
It is still unfolding though and I will make a thread on that as soon as I get some time to actually sit down and have more than an hour to spend lol

edit on 7-8-2012 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 06:08 AM
link   

reply to post by sled735

Awwww, I am ok Sled! Just got really busy with work and slammed with apartments.

I had another strange experience that is ongoing within the building.
It is still unfolding though and I will make a thread on that as soon as I get some time to actually sit down and have more than an hour to spend lol

edit on 7-8-2012 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

Sigh......... what a relief!
Just to let you know, I found your other thread about the painting. AWESOME! I posted a reply, or three, on that thread too. You have an amazing talent! Why are you not pursuing a career in art?
Please share your experiences from the apartment on my thread, also, even if it is just a short and sweet version of what you post in your own thread. I know everyone will be interested and happy to see you back.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Thanks for the compliment on the painting!
I'm working on a couple more now

That painting has many many meanings for many many people.
I didn't know it would work out that way.
My guides did though.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
As a follow up to this story, the people moved out within a month because they could not pay their rent. That concerns me. Someone moved in immediately after so I didn't get much time in the apartment. It did feel clean this second time around, however that entire side of the building is having issues. My thinking is shifting to it being something that actually runs all three floors on one corner of the building now.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join