It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Enlightenment - a definition

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
There is darkness and light.
We all have our darkside and our lightside.
The darkside is what we have to better in ourselves.
The lightside is were we are already doing good, we have passed the tests, learned, and we are already good.
Our mission is to enlighten our darkside, better ourselves, face our wrong doing, our bad habits and change.
We should grab our weaknesses and turn then into strengths.
Do alchemy, turn lead into gold.

On the other hand we should use our strengths to help people, help ourselves also, serve all, including ourselves.

So, my dear friends enlightenment is not reaching higher states of mind, see the bright light, travel in other realms, levitate or some kind of sensational sensation reached in meditation, no, to enlighten yourselves is to do better, face our bad habits, face our wrong doing, and turn them into good actions, good habits, in one word: evolve.

And this path is personal, each one of us has its own needs.
John needs to stop being jealous, mike must stop being greedy, Patrick has a tendency to rage and aggression etc etc.

And every time we cure ourselves from these wounds, we gain wisdom, we gain compassion because we know what it is to do bad, we cant judge, we know how it feels to do bad. We can help because we were there, in the dark, and we know how to get out, so we can be helpful.

We gain wisdom, and we get more compassionate.

So, to make light is a unique path, each one of us has its own, there isn't a one-fits all path to enlightenment.

We should know ourselves, practice self-consciousness and do better everyday, this is my definition of enlightenment.

And remember these wise words: (they are not mine) "Its not what you are that defines you, its what you do."

We can do different everyday, we can do what we want, we can change what we do and evolve, break the bad habits and evolve.

Of course this is just an opinion, think of it as such.

Thanks for reading.
edit on 25-5-2012 by Manula because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Enlightenment is the state of just being. It is not about becoming. You already are. It is the seeking for more and better that is heavy.
Enlightenment is about not having to do life.

This is someone who gets it;
youtu.be...
edit on 25-5-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
evolution is a choice...

i'm right there with you my friend. the past couple months have been a very revealing time for me. i've had to face parts of myself i didn't want to.

this is the same message i've been trying to spread to folks. now is the time to change...the time to grow. if i'm not consciously trying to change myself, better myself, everyday, i might as well be drowning...

"Its not what you are that defines you, its what you do."
my grandfather always told me not to worry about WHO i am. he told me to only worry about WHY i am.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

Your enlightenment is: ahhhhhh, I already are everything i can be, i can die now...

Just joking

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ICEKOHLD

People need to wake up to this reality, life and all beings are changing/evolving to perfection, to reunification, but of course this is just my opinion.

top topics

join