It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Undercover US agents brought down our new Superjet: Russia’s extraordinary claim about crash which

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 04:29 AM
link   
To be honest though, it sounds ridiculously likely. If someone would do that to Russia, it would be the U.S

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 04:43 AM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Many thanks for fixing the link.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by MI5edtoDeath
The Russian could be convinced of this and reciprocate. They don't have to bring any proof to the American public and instead, Boeings will start dropping out of the sky.

And yet once they arrived over the US mainland, they'd meet up with these really nifty drones that, within a fair distance, mess with their on-board computers as they fly. This isn't the only delivery method either... >_>
edit on 26-5-2012 by SoulVisions because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 04:52 AM
link   
HOLY SMOTH!

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 05:21 AM
link   
This is a 14 yearold aircraft design, the first flight took place in 1998. Maiden flight on the 19th May 1998. and its first commercial flight was last year...

if the us wanted to down this jet to stop development then wouldnt they have struck sooner?

people in this thread are talking as if this downed jet was one of a kind and the only one in existence. as far as i can tell there are 9 in existence with 200+ on order.

Also someone eairler said that boeing were behind all this, really? boeing are the main partner with Sukhoi in development of this plane! if they wanted to sabotage the project then they could have messed it up from the beginning.

seriously people, the jet crashed into a mountain, 45 people met a tragic end to their life... it was an accident people, not everything has to be a conspiracy...

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 05:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

its a collaboration between Italy ,Russia and Boeing.Second,the pilot was given wrong instructions by the traffic controller.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by MI5edtoDeath

They blame everybody but themselves.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by foobies
This is a 14 yearold aircraft design, the first flight took place in 1998. Maiden flight on the 19th May 1998. and its first commercial flight was last year...

if the us wanted to down this jet to stop development then wouldnt they have struck sooner?

people in this thread are talking as if this downed jet was one of a kind and the only one in existence. as far as i can tell there are 9 in existence with 200+ on order.

Also someone eairler said that boeing were behind all this, really? boeing are the main partner with Sukhoi in development of this plane! if they wanted to sabotage the project then they could have messed it up from the beginning.

seriously people, the jet crashed into a mountain, 45 people met a tragic end to their life... it was an accident people, not everything has to be a conspiracy...

I don't think it is about a technological race but it is a commercial competition. The Russian aircraft is probably 20% of the price of an equivalent Boeing. If it is as safe, then the Russian airplane would clean up all the business is non-Western emergent economies like Indonesian (pop.240 million) and Brazil (pop. 195 million).

How does a country bent on Full Spectrum Dominance resolve the conundrum of competition? Crash the competitors aircraft to destroy sales.
edit on 26-5-2012 by MI5edtoDeath because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Well the black box will reveal more.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cassius666

President Reagan! Is that you! Are you talking to us from the grave? Please do something about the Neocon terrorists that have taken over.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 07:02 AM
link   
hmm didn't Gorbachev ban vodka cuz the ruskies drank too much?

and doesn't Russian tech have a reputation for failing 80% of the time?

Could poor Russian craftsmanship be the direct result of vodka?

I shall call it the vodka conspiracy!

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 07:02 AM
link   
None of this really adds up. I don't really have any reason to think this isn't just a tragic test run, but two things kinda stand out as kinda fishy if you are the paranoid type...but they don't really point to the OPs theory.

1.) Why would you have notable people in the international areonautical field onboard your testing flight, as passengers no less, for what appears to have been stress test/demonstration of the upper limit capabilities of the plane. Maybe a better comparison would be street car development. When you are stress testing or showing off your high-end equipment, you don't stuff your top level engineers working the project, or in that industry in general, inside the vehicle with the driver while he zips around an intricate and complex course...cause what of it crashes? Face palm.

2.) Why would the US sabotage the plane in such a way that is both highly visible and very blatant. Sabotage could have been performed in a much more discrete, benign manner that would be nothing but suspicious. Secondly, while it gives the US another black eye, it makes Russia themselves appear incompetent and incapable of securing themselves against the other big super powers. It doesn't logically make sense for them to make this accusation when it makes them appear so ineffectual and helpless...when they are trying to prove their aeronautical prowess and burgeoning industry.

Now the two theories:

1.) Russia wants to steal the top aeronautical engineers. There was noone onboard the plane. It was a sham to make 45 top level people IN THE WORLD (or at least a handful of people and the rest were just collateral damage in an attempt to hide the true purpose of what they were doing), in the very field that Russia is focused on developing at crazy expense. Russia then points the finger at the US, that makes them look weak, but throws another black eye upon the nation that everyone LOVES to hate, and for some valid reasons. It's a decent diversion.

2.) The civilian superjet in question WASN'T a test run of it's capabilities. It was a test run of some new stealthing technology that is not inherent to the design of the jet itself and is an outside military project. The purpose of the test is to determine whether or not the stealth technology works and whether or not the US has considered the possibility of developing such a technology and has opted instead to go for the cheaper/more efficient alternative of pre-emptive obsoletion by designing a method of detection.

Now the way this works, is you make a very public flight of your new superjet. Enough to garner US interest. They are going to watch. You invite a US liason group to your base to monitor from there. You know they will be watching by both sat and radar at this point. You then have a planted wreck, or a similarly stealthed IDENTICAL plane already in the air somewhere. You then go through the motions of the flight and the subsequent loss of communication and discovery of the 'wreck'. Now regardless of what happened the US will deny involvement. An extra aspect of this is: regardless of whether or not the US can detect the stealthing technology and witnessed the entire sham, they will still deny involvement and pretend they didn't see anything. So how is this supposed to force the US's hand in any way? Regardless of what the US openly proclaims...they will either have to rigorously investigate, or pretend to rigorously investigate. Everything else is behind closed doors. At the end of the day, the US is going to want it's top of class people released, to do so they would have to admit that they saw everything to Russia and show how it was done. The two powers do some sort of trade-off of on personnel and the cold war continues. OR this trade-off never comes to pass. The US can't legitamly prove a detection policy. Therefore they can't approach the Russians for a trade, because the Russians will insist on this proof. They know the Americans will be smart enough to KNOW what happened, but can they prove it? If the US can't, then the US will never approach thus proving the effectiveness of the Russian stealthing technology.

a 3rd and slightly trippier conspiracy: All the above is mostly correct, except...Russia discovered at some point deep in development that the US had the ability to detect once they considered and suspected that Russia had already beat them to the punch in developing the technology. So the sham was a sham itself and the end goal is this trade-off of aeronautical talent for a specific person(s).

AboveTopSecret, you need to work on your conspiracy theories.
edit on 26-5-2012 by czerro because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Disregard any hate you may have for the Soviet Union (as friendly as the comrades were), but this is plain deliberate sabotage of another country. The US seems like it would do anything to keep itself on top.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Well, I don't have any hate for any country. Governments are inherently corrupt, and of nescessity, are required to hide many of their actions from their populace. I reread through my post and realize some things are not immediately transparent so I will quote a couple of the references and explain:

1.) We know that they have special technology - that we also have - to jam signals from the ground or cause parameter readings to malfunction,' said the unnamed intelligence official

This may be something of a bluff, but they believe we have this technology. The next quote is more telling when taken in context with this one.

2.) Vladimir Popovkin...stressed: 'The frequent failure of our space launches, which occur at a time when they are flying over the part of Earth not visible from Russia, where we do not see the spacecraft and do not receive telemetric information, are not clear to us.'

Makes Russia sound very weak and is a senseless statement that no government would openly admit. Now if my experimental stealth development conspiracy is correct, then they were possibly experimenting with this stealth tech, and we were continually shooting them down. They possibly cannot figure out how we were detecting the crafts. They are stating that THEY know WE know and they simply want to know HOW we know. It's likely imperative for them to move forward on their aero-stealth development. So this is all a ruse to force our hand into giving up our tech, and possibly a positive trade for their aerospace intellectual base.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Mach5

It's also worthwhile to argue the points another user thoughtfully enumerated, rather than suggest he has some hate for Russia. I don't get where you got that from.

Edit: Plus these conspiracies were kinda in fun...they just fit and make better sense than OPs.
edit on 26-5-2012 by czerro because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by czerro

The same kind of tech was used on the RQ-170 to jam it and make it land in Iran.
edit on 26-5-2012 by mkgandhas because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by mkgandhas

Thanks for the informative reference. Again, my point isn't the possibility that the tech doesn't exist. I never said it didn't. My point is it's usage in this manner, for a internationally public aeronautical display of a top-of-the-line aircraft, doesn't make sense. Russia's responses don't make sense. It makes more sense that Russia downed their big display of a CIVILIAN aircraft for some other purpose. My stealth tech theory is a little elaborate, but makes more sense.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by czerro

Again it makes no sense Russia downed it.USA seems to have downed superjet in response to the loss of the RQ-170 stealth drone that russia helped iran bring down.

Superjet is a commercial plane not stealth.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   
One thing the CIA is excellent at beyond a doubt is, creating suspicious plane crashes...I mean they are masters at it...I am not suprised or would not be suprised in the least after all, the U.S. government only real order of business is to protect and enhance the wealth of the 1% of the top multinational corporate sociopaths who are stealing everything that isn't nailed down from the working class.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cassius666

Jeez Ronnie, maybe they'll disappear like they did in 9/11?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join