It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Undercover US agents brought down our new Superjet: Russia’s extraordinary claim about crash which

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by MI5edtoDeath

I fixed your link. Hope you don't mind.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

We know that they have special technology - that we also have - to jam signals from the ground or cause parameter readings to malfunction,' said the unnamed intelligence official, highlighting a US military presence at Jakarta Airport from where the plane took off on May 9.

So... the Americans were nearby...

After the Mars probe failed, Russians space chief Vladimir Popovkin warned: 'We don't want to accuse anybody, but there are very powerful devices that can influence spacecraft now.
'The possibility they were used cannot be ruled out.'
He stressed: 'The frequent failure of our space launches, which occur at a time when they are flying over the part of Earth not visible from Russia, where we do not see the spacecraft and do not receive telemetric information, are not clear to us.'

Remember that? The sats crash when they can't see them. Surely suspicious. If anyone possesses that kind of tech it would almost surely be the Americans.

A senior navy commander also blamed the US Navy for the August 2000 Kursk nuclear submarine sinking that killed 118 seamen, since several US ships were in the vicinity of the Barents Sea exercises.

So... the Americans were nearby.

There is a comment section below the article. One of them states:

The pilot requested and was granted permission to descend to 6,000 feet. It crashed into a mountain only several dozen feet different from that altitude. A 7,200 foot mountain. There was no sign of any fault with the almost new aircraft before the crash. The cause seems obvious but is just too embarrassing to mention. Pilot error.
- William, London, UK, 26/5/2012 01:37

If true, I find that control tower reply to the cockpit suspicious to say the least. Clearing a plane to below safe altitude would account for the crash, but also reek of interference. That control tower knows its local terrain. Its a lot easier to interfere with radio communications than it would be to hack the planes computers or "fly by wire" systems. That the American Military was on the ground at the airport that day suddenly takes on a whole new meaning. It is quite within scope of technology to subvert communications at the source by amplifying the carrier signal and inserting your own replacement message. "You are cleared to 6000 feet."

What would Russian intelligence benefit from making such a claim if "pilot error"? What was the Merican Military doing there?

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by PMNOrlando
I simply think someone on board, a passenger, turned on an electronic device before they were told they were allowed to. lol See what happens Alec Baldwin when you don't listen. J/K

Congratulations, you just made a joke about 45 people dying in a plane crash. With a punch line about Alec Baldwin?

That was more awkward, and out of place than Obama at a baby shower in Hawaii.

Edit: ^^ The above is the lamest joke I have ever told, I only request 1 star... any more than that is just rude.

edit on 25-5-2012 by MESSAGEFROMTHESTARS because: additional comment

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by MI5edtoDeath
Russian intelligence official claims US have 'special technology' capable of jamming signals from the ground or causing systems to malfunction

Yes. Yes, we do. In fact even our lovable F-22s are armed, or being armed, with jamming programs. This is how it works anymore. Fly & hack delivery systems. When the global CONSTELLATION system is finally up and running, then...

Nevermind, enough out of me.
edit on 25-5-2012 by SoulVisions because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   
And the US wants t o have Russian Military drills on our soil, when they believe we are responsible for the jet. Now that's pretty stupid.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Well it's an interesting theory and kind of indicative of how the Russians want to portray this tragic incident. I wouldn't be comfortable speculating either way though with the lack of information we have on the subject.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   
It's pay back for shooting down the Challenger right?Or just a malfuctioning system.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   
It's more likely that Russia is upset that they fail at everything.

They aren't exactly known for testing things thoroughly.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by MI5edtoDeath

State's GRU military intelligence source says Russians are investigating theory crash was 'industrial sabotage

Aircraft was on a demonstration flight aimed at securing lucrative orders when it slammed into a mountain killing all 45 passengers and crew

Russian intelligence official claims US have 'special technology' capable of jamming signals from the ground or causing systems to malfunction

Spy sources in Moscow today made the astonishing claim that a US undercover operation may have sabotaged a new Russian Superjet plane that crashed in Indonesia two weeks ago.

The aircraft was on a demonstration flight aimed at securing lucrative orders when it slammed into a mountain killing all 45 passengers and crew.

'We are investigating the theory that it was industrial sabotage,' a GRU military intelligence source said.

'We know that they have special technology - that we also have - to jam signals from the ground or cause parameter readings to malfunction,' said the unnamed intelligence official, highlighting a US military presence at Jakarta Airport from where the plane took off on May 9.

www.dailymail.co.uk... ml

The interesting part is that the airplane turned and made a bee line into a mountain. BTW, the name of the airplane is Sukhoi Superjet. When I first read about this story elsewhere, I thought there was nothing super about this jet.

Anyway, the Russian security services are suggesting that the US may in fact be using a beacon over ride systems to control aircraft flight paths. I would surmise that it is using hacking and jamming technology that would be needed to fly airplanes into mountains and tall buildings.
edit on 25-5-2012 by MI5edtoDeath because: (no reason given)

What strikes me about this article is the Russians claiming to also have the same technology. I always had the notion that the U.S. had dominance over such matters so to find out another nation and the possibility of other countries having the same technology is revealing. Maybe that's why they're so eager to get Iran. The future world war may render soldiers obsolete - the fate of nations may be decided by the push of several buttons.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nightwalk
The future world war may render soldiers obsolete - the fate of nations may be decided by the push of several buttons.

DARPA investing in "Avatar" robot surrogates for US soldiers

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Those who try to demean Russian/Soviet aircraft engineering are simply ignorant. Sukhoi is Superjet for one reason,- Sukhoi has been renowned for making military jets with best in the world manoeuverability. Considering latest Sukhoi iterations were gen 4+ jets( save the Pak-FA), fifith gen Raptor could barely keep up with it in acrobatics. The superiority of Sukhoi has do to with ability to switch to civil aircraft engineering, hinting that Russia has a plenty of potential. Before that Sukhoi already proved their engineering abilities by Su-80, which was another civil aircraft. You should also know that Russia is working on another single -isle medium civil passenger aircraft- MS-21. Now it is under construction. Let`s not forget Russia was able to crank out a lot of planes during late 80ies and later- Tu-204, Tu-334. While the Soviet Union was collapsing, none of their aircraft engineering firms collapsed. US at that time had ecnomic boom, yet from the poor diversity of 2 large civil aircraft manufacturers even at those conditions one went belly up. That would be MDD. The only large civil aircraft US has been able to construct with heavy outsourcing to Mitsubishi Heavy Industries was 787. US engineering toll within 787-- 37%.
As if that was not enough there have been projects aplenty from adjacent Russia driven expertise regions such as Ukraine with its Antonov bureau. In late 80ies Antonov delivered a punch under waistline to US by building Mryia, which literally dwarfed anything western world had come up with at that time. Besides, they had a plan to create a 3 -floor passenger version of An-225 Mryia, which was later frozen. Antonow didn`t sleep on laurels and delivered An-70, An 72 and recently An-148/158. And I am not even mentioning propeller dirven aircraft of such bureaus as Ilyuschin. To cement Russia`s superiority in civil aircraft engineering Be-200 was built along M-55 geofizika to stress fuselage diversity. Now Russia is building a joint venture cargo plane with India. Interestingly the same superiority by Russia is shown in helicoter construction- with their lates additions of Mil-54 (Under constr.), Mil-38, Ansat-m, ka-62, etc. Remember , superiorty entails not only imagined coerced manufacturing by fiddling with tax code, but the direct evidence of engineering superiority is diversity and percentage of domestic in-house engineering. Japanese car industry nicely proves it. As to Superjet100, they will rebuild it anyway.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   

In 1986 one of the first false VOR beacons was put to use to take down Samora Machel's plane, a Tupology 134. The VOR was produced under a joint project between a large US electronics firm, the Israeli's and the South African military. This technology has been around for a long time, so it is possible that the US could have taken the plane down. A false VOR can masquerade as a different location and feed a plane incorrect altitude, location and navigation information. This could trick the navigation computer into flying into a mountain.

One of my crew admitted to me that he was recon on the 1986 op in South Africa.

Cheers - Dave

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by SoulVisions

Originally posted by Nightwalk
The future world war may render soldiers obsolete - the fate of nations may be decided by the push of several buttons.

DARPA investing in "Avatar" robot surrogates for US soldiers

Thanks, interesting read.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by chaakin
Oh yea Russia, not only did we destroy your precious Soyuz Rocket, Sattelites that fell to the earth, but we ALSO took down your precious ugly-80's-looking "super" jet....

And Phobos GRUNT "Spaceship"...

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by chaakin
Oh yea Russia, not only did we destroy your precious Soyuz Rocket, Sattelites that fell to the earth, but we ALSO took down your precious ugly-80's-looking "super" jet....

Guess Russia is the new North Korea

Russia is not North Korea dont make such stupid comprising.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 03:07 AM
link   

I always had the notion that the U.S. had dominance over such matters so to find out another nation and the possibility of other countries having the same technology is revealing....

Who told you that nonsense, Hollywood? some faceless guy on the internet?
When it comes to major world powers, like Russia for example, you have to understand that the technology gap is not going to be that big, if at all.
I personally have met RAF personnel who have told me stories about certain pieces of tech that the USAF didn't know they had, or indeed had themselves, so if WE can have such items just consider what a nation free from your occupation can research.
edit on 26-5-2012 by biggilo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 03:21 AM
link   
posted in the wrong forum
edit on Sat May 26 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: edited by staff

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Could be..

Or they could be trying to ease concerns of those who already hold contracts that it's not really a crappy Russian airplane and really a very good plane that international spies want to destroy....

I, personally, would er on the side of caution and call it a crappy Russian airplane.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 04:05 AM
link   
I don't know if the stated technology exists or not...but 2 Qantas A330's experirenced a rapid loss of height flying over Exmouth in Western Australia a while back. Exmouth is home to a US Navy installation with supposed ties to Pine Gap (NSA base) in the middle of Australia. More than likely due to Clear Air Turbulence, but twice over exmouth in different months.. so go figure.. I've actaully had my aircraft turn off course by banking to the right 10 degrees, without any input from either pilot. When that happened we were about 100nm from Pine Gap. The FMS went mental, the aircraft turned by itself and the groundspeed readings went ballistic....is there a link to Pine Gap, I'll never know! Frankly if there was I would say its not because they could control my aircraft from the ground....just that "whatever" they were doing down there with their electronic signal interception might have possibly interferred with our aircrafts instruments...But I'd be guessing!

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Being a lurker on this site for long as I have, I was able to observe something of an odd peculiarity while browsing this site, the fact that most American members on this site love to express their resistance and boldly claim to be in utter defiance to the mass corruption and sinister plots employed by their government, yet the moment an outside force condemns or becomes involved you all suddenly turn patriotic and rush to the defence of your government knowing full well the heinous crimes it has committed against you and your people in these past decades.

Perhaps the effects of brainwashing or perhaps certain members with hidden agenda's, I can only wonder.
edit on 26-5-2012 by Saint88 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

Could be..

Or they could be trying to ease concerns of those who already hold contracts that it's not really a crappy Russian airplane and really a very good plane that international spies want to destroy....

I, personally, would er on the side of caution and call it a crappy Russian airplane.

You could be entirely correct but it is also plausible US government or corporate agents pulled this stunt. The Russian could be convinced of this and reciprocate. They don't have to bring any proof to the American public and instead, Boeings will start dropping out of the sky.

When you screw with people, eventually traffic goes both ways.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join