It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is why America should have some kind of voter test of both means and intelligence....

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Awesome!

This is why we need entitlement reform in America – these are the individuals lining p to take the money you work hard to make to provide food for your own children….

This is not some right wing hit piece either the documentary was filmed by none other than Alexandra Pelosi - the daughter of Nancy Pelosi.

It was aired on the Bill Maher show. Not the forum you would expect in a video that exposes people for wanting to take advantage of welfare, is it?

1. One individual says he has no intention to work.

2. Another says he deserves welfare because his ancestors were brought here as slaves.

3. Another says it is hard to get a job if you are a convicted felon.

This next sound bite is special - from the Michael Savage show….(don’t immediately dismiss the message because Savage is an ass hole).

Listen to the caller who claims Obama himself pays her welfare checks and that we should do away with national borders so more people could come here to take advantage of that.

When asked how many people live in the US she says about 600 million.

She has no idea where the money for social programs comes from though. She says the problem in America is that greedy people make too much money.

Specifically, after she says that Obama pays her welfare checks she says that the money to pay for welfare and other social programs comes from the taxes of the illegal aliens.

We are doomed as these people are voters – perhaps with the exception of the felon in the first clip.

I forget who it was that said once a people realize they can vote themselves money from the treasury a nation is doomed. (I paraphrased that.)

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Yep we spend billions and billions of dollars in the education industrial complex so we can spend billons and billions of dollars on the welfare complex.

The funny part here is that at least when we spend billions and billions of dollars on defense all those bombs and tanks and missiles are smarter than what the EIC produces.

Sad but true.

Social engineering award people a trophy for showing up in life they have no concept of value so it always give me give me give me simply because something given has no value.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Those people are lost... But at the same time I don't think

Their bad behavior is a reason to end programs

That help people in legitimate need. I think using these

Sad actors as an excuse to do that is a bad thing.

I also think it is a cheap shot to attack education,

This is the result of bad parenting.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
When…will…people…wake up?

Third grade math shows that the path we are on is unsustainable.

What is so hard about that?

I’ll tell you what is so hard about that. People do see the hard truth and they deny it. It’s too scary for them and they dig in their heels.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Yeah, let's require a certain amount of intelligence to vote so that the government can manipulate that into only allowing the people they want as voters to be able to vote.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Bombs are not smart, it is like throwing money away.

They don't go into the pockets of business owners

They disappear and kill innocence

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Beanskinner

kids are not smart, it is like throwing money away.

Millons abuse social programs designed not to give a hand up but nothing but a hand out that is throwing money away.

Take a good look at social engineering aint so pretty and throwing billions via social engineering is killing innocents.

Those people are a product of liberal ideology.
edit on 25-5-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I work in the construction industry and this is no suprise to me. You would be amazed at how hard it can be sometimes to find labors offering 10 to 14 dollars an hour. Then many of them gripe because we are scheduled for 48 to 50 hrs. a week. And if you want to try and train some one in a skilled job ( carpenter, pipe fitter, ect...) theres no way there gonna wait for two are three years to learn a trade. They have to have journeyman wages in the first year are they will quit.

I just wish we would put some common sense back in the picture.You have all these people who get benifits but were told that social security will be gone by the time we retire. We'll what about all the money I have paid in? Where has it gone?

There are people out there that need help. I do realize this. But alot of these programs are corrupt and in this day and age, They are vote buying machines. Why would you vote out the people giving you the hand outs. Problem is, those of us that fund this are growing fewer and fewer by the day.

edit on 25-5-2012 by David134 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I can't defend these idiots! Yet, I can not condem the entire system because of them. I wonder if you would also include people who know for a fact that the county or city is stealing from them through real estate taxes yet they bow down to the government afraid to say anything? I am having an ongoing investigation into my mothers real estate tax assessment but she is afraid to ask the tough questions.

Are these types of people (sheeple) who have no backbone or are afraid to stand up to government misdeeds as bad or worse than the ones who bilk the system?

And in the end who will hire "so stupid"? I certainly will not. How will she eat? If these people don't get the crumbs of society how will they survive? I pose that it is cheaper to give them this money because it is cheaper to house a prisoner!
edit on 25-5-2012 by fnpmitchreturns because: clarify

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

Millons abuse social programs designed not to give a hand up but nothing but a hand out that is throwing money away.

Take a good look at social engineering aint so pretty and throwing billions via social engineering is killing innocents.

Education is investing in the future.

It's not throwing money away.

Education is fundamental to a prosperous and functional society.
edit on 25-5-2012 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Liquesence

No it's not it is throwing billions for indoctrination for whatever happens to be the political correct tag line of the day.

Trillions have been invested since Carters creation of the DOE and 40 years later Americans have never been more dumbed down and have no clue.

That is the current state of the union because people just can't wrap their head around the fact it has never been a money issue.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Yeah, be my guest and have someone that didn't go to school perform surgery on you.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Bodhi7

Yeah be my guess that person worked his butt off and studied and paid back his loans instead of collecting welfare.

Schools give anyone a degree those who can do those who can't just whine about it.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Maybe only property owners should vote, they're the ones that pay property taxes so they should have more say than the rest of us.

That would solve this problem.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Kids are not smart? you must have been a kid

Your beliefs are socially engineered to, it is just that you cling to an engineered paradigm that

is dying out. Hopefully when you are old you will be surrounded by a society of more

evolved kids who don't buy into you 1900's idea of society.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Maybe we should put people in chains and take away women's voting rights too.

Hell ,lets go way back and see how cool it can be

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Nope the social engineering didn't take

Oh well hey throw another billion at the endeavor and maybe i will turn out different.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Nope the social engineering didn't take

Oh well hey throw another billion at the endeavor and maybe i will turn out different.

Your conservatives were socially engineered by past generations - that is why you can't accept

new ideas.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Nope

We don't have any problems accepting new ideas people need the get the current ideas right before they push forward with new ones.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Ugh. I don't even want to live on this PLANET anymore. Really?
Or those people that stand in line for food stamps on their iPhone.

I got lost y job and my dad told me to apply for unemployment. I kind of don't want to. Because it makes me feel like I look like one of those people.

Ofcourse there are people that HONESTLY and BADLY need it. But these people give them a bad name.

And yeah. There should be a sort of voter comprehension test. WHY VOTE IF YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT IT?

like. Hey bru, there's this black guy running or preZ, yo.
LET'S VOTE FOR HIM!!

God. I was 18 when Obama was running. I can't tell you how many people voted for him JUST because they would have voted for the first black president.
Like theyd get their name in a history book or some s#.
It was the "cool" thing to do.

edit on 25-5-2012 by novemberecho because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join