It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Afghanistan Exit Will Humiliate The United States Worse Than Vietnam

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Germanicus

Correct.

when was the last time u lost
at some say,,sport,or,,philisophical idea,,or major war,,
and didnt gloss it over.
your human too.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   

you didn't know America lost like that?

the government was subverted in 1974, violence raged in urban areas nationwide for more than a decade and only in the 90s was rebuilding allowed to begin.

you are only seeing what you want to see.

and then you are surprised when the people who were responsible get knives stuck in their rectums and shot in the head with their own guns.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
exit ?

the US never exits

there are still bases in germany and japan for crying out loud

get a clue

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Humiliation?? But...WE GOT HIM!!!!!! ...didn't we?!?!?!!

Kidding. Yeah. Well. We decided not to learn from Russia. It's a sad little game our countries play. Tryin to one up each other.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   

pulling out of a pointless war (any war matter of fact) is NEVER humiliating. it wasnt then it isnt now. thats the most petty damn topic ive ever seen, im sorry you are humiliated by your country! and im sure the masses of dead soldiers are playing the worlds smallest violins for you!

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Whoever thinks we went into Afghanistan for WMD's you are wrong. We went to war with Afghanistan before we went to war with Iraq. After 9/11 happened Bush bombed the hell out of Afghanistan. Then we went in. They used the Iraq war to cover it, keep the people stupid. No one heard we was at war with Afghanistan until the Iraq war started...think about it.
I think we should pull out. Should of did it 7 years ago.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Evanzsayz

where are you people from? what time period?

everyone knew we were in Afghanistan...remember Tora Bora? its said they were using tactical nukes...whether they did or not, the Himalayas shook.

when bin Laden went Ghost...they went into Iraq for Saddam and obliterated what they called an army.

it wasn't until 2006 that that the enemy fought back...on August 28, 2007 at noon Central Time (US) the Iraq war effectively ended with the destruction of something that was in Anbar Province.

edit on 25-5-2012 by michaelbrux because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by DOADOA
if you can only articulate your point with tact some readers might not take offense to what you're saying.

anyhow, on topic. why would we be humiliated? we lost our collective ego after vietnam. the worlds opinion of us couldn't be any lower according to some of threads on this site.

needless to say, we're still the country with the most powerful military in existence. there isn't a country out there who will stand up to us and not be reduced to rubble in an all out war.

And that makes you proud?
Happy?
Satisfied?
Pleased with life?
Last I heard most countries do not have almost 1/3rd of their population unemployed and most countries are very content to stay in their own back yard and look after their own people.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder

are you asking a man if he has strong arms if he is proud of it?

i now believe in alien life forms.

only an alien would find that take pride in having a powerful body unusual...i've seen the eyewitness descriptions of aliens.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by michaelbrux
reply to post by Iwinder

are you asking a man if he has strong arms if he is proud of it?

i now believe in alien life forms.

only an alien would find that take pride in having a powerful body unusual...i've seen the eyewitness descriptions of aliens.

I am not sure what your above post means? Could you possibly clarify it for me and the rest of the board here?
Thanks, Regards, Iwinder

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder

sure. DOADOA expressed pride and satisfaction that the United States of America has by far the most powerful military in the world, possibly in human history, and that we could easily reduce any other nation upon the planet to a pile of dirt if the situation emerged.

you responded to him/her by asking does he/she take pride in this.

I responded to you by asking: are you asking if a man/woman takes pride in having strong arms?

I then postulated that you must be an alien life form for asking such a question.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
It was not our exit from the illegal, trumped up, war in Vietnam that disgraced America. It was our PARTICIPATION in it that disgraced America.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   

reply to post by Iwinder

sure. DOADOA expressed pride and satisfaction that the United States of America has by far the most powerful military in the world, possibly in human history, and that we could easily reduce any other nation upon the planet to a pile of dirt if the situation emerged.

you responded to him/her by asking does he/she take pride in this.

I responded to you by asking: are you asking if a man/woman takes pride in having strong arms?

I then postulated that you must be an alien life form for asking such a question.

Thanks for the explanation and I mean that, I guess you have to live in the USA to understand how things work there.

Where we live it is more important to us to live happy lives and raise a family without the fear of them going to war and dieing.
I admire body builders for their physiques and their work ethic but are they happy campers when they go home from a competition?

I am proud that at this moment I can sit in my own backyard and not have to worry about going to war or a swat team knocking down my door.
I am proud that I have the means to support our family and comfortably so too.
I am proud of the free health care we receive.
I am proud that besides of my all dead relatives I know of nobody that serves in the military.
And lastly I am proud of my skinny arms and happy life.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder

you should be happy for having all those things.

America isn't fighting or have such a strong military because we need those things, but because we have all those things in great abundance. we attract all threats, so that people that live where you live don't attract the real threats to yourself.

don't think that I don't know what all of this is...

...its an attempted Armed Robbery against an innocent population and the world is pissed because the USA doesn't feel bad about all it has and has instead decided to fight back.

and they are even angrier that Iraq and Afghanistan and Somalia and Libya and Egypt and Tunisia and Sri Lanka and etc. etc. etc. have been lost forever and that the Americans will leave Afghanistan and even if the Taliban takes it over, all they get is a desert barely capable or growing Poppy plants.

you lose, we win...like always.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Considering the U.S. public opposed the war in Vietnam, the people of the U.S. did not lose the war, the U.S. Military did drop the ball, but for most Americans it is not considered a loss, but a win for decency, honor, and doing what was right.

Afghanistan is a whole different story, fought with volunteers, not a forced draft.

Besides, the Vietnamese fought like men, while the Taliban hide behind their women's skirt, and all they can do are sneak attacks where they mainly kill their own women and children.

The U.S. will leave Afghanistan when we fell like it, and there is nothing the Taliban can do about it. After we leave, of course the Taliban will claim victory, but the world will be laughing at them.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

While America goes bankrupt. Who will be laughing then?

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by michaelbrux

You certainly do not have employment or free health care in any sort of abundance.
That cannot be argued here but yet again thanks for taking the time to answer my post.
Much appreciated here.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder

i don't know if we do or not.

if we don't have those things...it really makes me wonder:

why are all these people with so much more than us constantly on our asses?

we don't have anything like they have it...yet here they are with the never ending insults.

but I suppose you can all feel better about yourselves, driving poor people who lack both employment and healthcare further into the muck by destroying their economy.

at least to the extent a Pig can feel better about itself.

edit on 25-5-2012 by michaelbrux because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder

Is plenty of jobs around me, in fact the place I work GE are pulling products back from Mexico and China to be assembled here, General Electric just took in 16,000 applications for production, Ford just hired over a thousand and totally retooled the Louisville Assembly Plant. UPS is always hiring ... Regardless of what you read in the MSM or articles on the net all is not bleak ... I could go on actually.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   

reply to post by Iwinder

i don't know if we do or not.

if we don't have those things...it really makes me wonder:

why are all these people with so much more than us constantly on our asses?

we don't have anything like they have it...yet here they are with the never ending insults.

I don't mean to insult you or the American public for that matter, When I post on these types of thread I know what is going to happen before hand.
What you do know is that you have almost 100 million people out of work and you do know that your Country is in bad shape financially.

I have never insulted anyone here intentionally and if you perceived my posts as insults then it is no wonder why the USA has been in perpetual war since God knows when.

Question a war and you get called a insulter and ignoramus to boot.

Question why the most powerful nation in the world (Today) cannot afford to house and feed their own people and you are going to be called an insulter.

Regardless, i am enjoying this thread.
Iwinder

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join