It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quake Reveals Day of Jesus' Crucifixion

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by stonebutterfly

You're 1 day off. Christ was crucified on a Thursday, not a Friday. The "Friday error" was from Catholic dogma, but it's an impossibility. Christ was crucified and died before sundown on Thursday.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by biggmoneyme

The Council of Nicaea had to vote on the issue of Jesus' divinity. They agreed that in attributing Jesus with the "son of God" dogma, and giving him godly status, they not only made his authority unquestionable, but established themselves as the leading authority on his life.

Wrong. Jesus wasn't "made God" at Nicaea. They voted on how to define His deity that was already accepted by the church.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by xxsomexpersonxx

Didn't jesus live to be roughly 33 years old?
Wasn't Jesus born around 4 A.D?

No, between the 2nd and 9th of September in the year 2 B.C. He was baptized at 30 years old and His Earthly ministry was 3 1/2 years long. He was crucified in 32 AD.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by biggmoneyme

why can't you just accept Jesus for what He is, and stop trying to make Him a shaman or some eastern enlightened philosopher so He can fit in with your beliefs.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

No, between the 2nd and 9th of September in the year 2 B.C. He was baptized at 30 years old and His Earthly ministry was 3 1/2 years long. He was crucified in 32 AD.

I'm not going to argue this point(Was genuinely asking, not challenging.) However, I've always been under the impression that a biblical Jesus would have to of been born at least 4 years after the switch into the Common Era, due to the Census that Mary and Joseph having to partake in never happening prior.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   

I love this thread. Thank you for posting.

Jesus rocks.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Your welcome.I love any new Jesus info that comes out.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by randomname

I was thinking the same thing. People turning him into some yoga instructor that does tae bo on the side....

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by xxsomexpersonxx

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

I'm not going to argue this point(Was genuinely asking, not challenging.) However, I've always been under the impression that a biblical Jesus would have to of been born at least 4 years after the switch into the Common Era, due to the Census that Mary and Joseph having to partake in never happening prior.

Who told you that? That's not true.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by stonebutterfly
reply to post by randomname

I was thinking the same thing. People turning him into some yoga instructor that does tae bo on the side....

It's either that or making Him into some long-haired hippy who has shiny conditioned and blow-dried hair, wears a dress, is very aloof and always speaks in superlatives and would never harm a fly.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   

More and more evidence is always found to prove the bible. It is real people. time to wake up!

Actually, I think it is the other way around...more and more evidence points to ET involvement instead of the Christians story of God did everything.
Sounds a lot like wishful thinking, and grasping at straws to me. So what if an Earthquake happened on a certain day in a distant past? How do you make the connection? I haven't seen evidence that such a man even lived as yet. All this proves if the Earthquake equipment seems to be working, and pinpointed an Ancient Earthquake, it does noting to prove one thing else, now does it?

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

Unless... the 1st decade & century 'Christ' was in fact the very first anti-christ that was born/created via the metaphysical/esorteric mysteries that the learned Kabbalists engineered or orchestrated...

There are Seven Rules to rightly dividing truth. Truth is not merely words on a page. The historical context comes into play here. Our own historical context is also needed. We can also use any other related context to see clearly. We can further take a lesser case and apply to a greater case. Further, we can take words and phrases that appear similar and then deduce a connected context. We can further take a principle in one area of scripture and then apply this principle to all other areas. If you do a study of the Seven Rules, you can resolve all paradox. If your conclusion creates a cascade of paradox, what you have said is incorrect.

Let's take your assertion and pull it apart. Your conclusion is that Christ was an invention by the Rabbis to cause mankind to fall under a delusion of mind control.

The first hole in this is to see what Jesus said about said Rabbis. He called them the synagog of Satan. The context of Jesus fits truth in this case and is not connected by cohesion to the aims of the Rabbis. Jesus also called them the "Experts" in the law who corrupted the law for gain. You are saying the same thing in your claim. Your claim about the Rabbis being evil is in line with Jesus claims. This means what Jesus said agrees with your claim, but not against him. This means he is in agreement that the Rabbis were corrupt, but he was not himself corrupt.

Jesus also condemned the Bankers and the Builders (Masons). Historically, the High Priests, Bankers (Moneychangers) and the Builders are the cause of man's problems. Jesus condemned them. Where does this place Jesus by context? Where does this place Jesus by principle? Do we agree that the Moneychangers, Builders (Masons) and the false priests are corrupting the Earth? Can history verify? Can principles found in the Bible verify? Can we connect context around the circle and see that truth is found with Jesus and against the Sadducees and Phariseess?

Truth is seen by the Seven Rules of Hillel. Hermes was the originator. Hermes was Enoch. Hermeneutics is the science. Scripture is Hermetically sealed. Truth sets you free when intellect is placed over emotion. When emotion rules, intellect is blinded. Emotion comes from fear of loss. When a person realizes that nothing is lost with God, fear is removed and pride returns to humility before God. God is love. Love keeps no records of wrongs. God desires mercy and not sacrifice.

edit on 26-5-2012 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I think this so called discovery to prove the earthquake the supposed day of the crucifixion is grasping at straws, at best.

On the other hand the shaking and quaking before, 62 AD, and after the volcanic event of the cataclysmic eruption of Mt Vesuvius, 79 AD, could easily have been misconstrued and overlapped to account for the story of the earthquake and the darkening of the sun that the volcanic ash could have caused. Early Christians and people from all over the area would have seen the event as some kind of major omen, even a punishment for crucifying an innocent man/god, some 33 years earlier.

It's easy to see that, over time, the Mt Vesuvius events could have merged into the crucifixion myth. Weaving a bit of truth into a mythic story to make it more powerful.

The horrific aftermath of the tragedy at Pompeii must have deeply effected religious myths and stories of the time. I am sure the writers of Bible used the event to their benefit.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench

More and more evidence is always found to prove the bible. It is real people. time to wake up!

Actually, I think it is the other way around...more and more evidence points to ET involvement instead of the Christians story of God did everything.
Sounds a lot like wishful thinking, and grasping at straws to me. So what if an Earthquake happened on a certain day in a distant past? How do you make the connection? I haven't seen evidence that such a man even lived as yet. All this proves if the Earthquake equipment seems to be working, and pinpointed an Ancient Earthquake, it does noting to prove one thing else, now does it?

This is why people are blind, pretty much. I accept in green aliens, different universes, and other dimensional aliens, but not a heaven or a hell

The hypocrisy

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Jordan River

Ive often wondered how people can dismiss a christians beliefs, but then say the green men made us
I see more evidence for God and Jesus than I ever have of aliens. And whos to say He didnt create aliens also...

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Ive often wondered how people can dismiss a christians beliefs, but then say the green men made us
I see more evidence for God and Jesus than I ever have of aliens. And whos to say He didnt create aliens also...

dear God the logic

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   

www.antigravitytechnology.net...

Yup, all alien here

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Well, some of us, myself included, have been looking for such :evidence" for many years, and in many places. I myself see little such evidence. Where is yours? Care to post links to the evidence? Even in the Bible God didn't create all humans, who were the people Cain went to live with in "The Land of Nod"? These people are not at all mentioned in the Genesis creation story.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Praetorius

2) A Friday/Sunday burial and resurrection does not fit Christ's own sign of three days and three nights in the belly of the earth (and the body was already gone at sunrise sunday morning).

Hold on here, Friday crucifixion is still possible, even likely. Jesus said that Jonas spent three days in the belly of the whale. But Jesus he would spend three days in the HEART of the earth, not the belly of the earth.

Is that the same thing? Does the earth have a belly? No, but it does have a heart. The idea of the heart of the earth being the tomb though is a modern idea.

Let's go back to the Lord's prayer real quick. KJV, Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done IN (NOT ON) earth, as it is in heaven. That's right, I know a lot of people think it says ON earth, but it doesn't. That's just modern translations. But notice how they only change the in to on here. Notice they don't say Jesus was ON the heart of the earth for three days. Very consistent indeed.

But does that mean let God's will be done inside a tomb? No it means let God's will be done in the heart of man. Nowhere does heart of the earth mean the tomb. Jesus said he would spend three days and nights in the HEART of the earth, or at the will of man. And the following passages that no one ever reads including myself make it even clearer what he's talking about when he calls the entire generation wicked.

Prior to the trial Jesus couldn't be touched by anyone even though the religious leaders wanted to kill him the whole time. But he was untouchable.

But Jesus didn't just suffer for our sins on the cross. Oh no, he was betrayed by a friend first. Arrested after praying and worrying in the garden. Put through a corrupt trial the night before. Denied three times by another friend. Beaten and mocked at the trial. Held in jail. Whipped at the post. Made to wear a crown of thorns. There was more than just the crucifixion.

For three days he suffered in the heart of the earth. He suffered by the will of man and his evil heart. Humans, how we treat people. That's the real belly of the beast.
edit on 26-5-2012 by tinfoilman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Well, some of us, myself included, have been looking for such :evidence" for many years, and in many places. I myself see little such evidence. Where is yours? Care to post links to the evidence? Even in the Bible God didn't create all humans, who were the people Cain went to live with in "The Land of Nod"? These people are not at all mentioned in the Genesis creation story.

The Bible never says there were other people in Nod. It doesn't say there wasn't either, but let's look carefully and you'll see that Cain could have very well already had a wife and simply taken her to Nod.

Then Cain went out from the presence of the Lord and dwelt in the land of Nod on the east of Eden. 17 And Cain KNEW his wife, and she conceived and bore Enoch.

Notice it doesn't say he met his wife. It says he already knew her? Wait what? How can you already known someone before meeting them?

In the Bible when it says a guy KNEW a girl it means he had sex with her. It does not mean that he just met her. Back then in the old English saying a guy knew a girl was a more polite way of talking about sex. It was innuendo.

However, nobody uses the word knew like that today so it confuses people. A modern translation would read like this.

Then Cain went out from the presence of the Lord and dwelt in the land of Nod on the east of Eden. 17 And Cain had sex with his wife, and she conceived and bore Enoch.

As we see it actually doesn't tell us where Cain met his wife. All it says is he had sex with her there. But could of married the women before he went to Nod. And actually from the traditional Jewish perspective that's exactly what the story is trying to tell us. Their view is that Cain took his wife to Nod to start over. That's been their view for thousands of years.

The idea that Cain went to Nod and meant some other group of people is actually a modern concept that developed only after the usage of KNEW as a sexual innuendo went out of use. But to anyone reading the story prior to modern times it would have made complete sense.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join