It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How congress "acts" like it cares

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I just read an article on cnn.com about how the senate rejected student loan bills because they disagree on how to come up with the money.

This isn't the first time both parties have "agreed" something needs to be done, but it never get's done because neither party can agree on how.

It looks as if this is a planned thing. Think about it, if the "people" want a bill passed to help them, but it isn't in the best interest of our "representatives" and the "profiteering" they do in congress, all that they have to do is say "yes something needs to be done, lets do it" then divide the issue among party lines which in time will just cause the issue never to be dealt with.

They then save face by "blaming" the issue on the other party. When it's time for an election, they can just point out that they supported the bill that would have "helped" out the people they represent, but it was the opposing candidates "political party" that made it not possible to pass.

I feel it's all a setup from the beginning and the soul purpose of having a two party system like we have.

any thoughts?

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Both sides hate deficits, yet we have them
Both sides want to balance a budget, yet we don't

The only thing they agree on and do something about is restricting freedom and mobility.

If i had a dollar for everything the government fixed I would still be pennyless!

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by eazyriderl_l

isn't that interesting

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Student loans now account for 1 trillion dollars right now, what needs to be done is to get government out of it and they should go back to where they belong in the first place,private entities.

The burden of that student loan debt is a great concern in a country and a government who can't pay it own bills,for the simple fact, they have too much debt themselves.

I will admit congress does not care, the only thing they care about is what keeps them in power.If they cared they would have never allowed student loan debt reach 1 trillion dollars. If the student's cared they would do what millions of American's have done long before they came about,pay for their own schooling.

Yes not everyone will be able to pay for college but too many just take advantage of that system.but also takes from the more needy,which is another symptom of the larger cancer.

Too many people are not living within their means and try to game the system to their advantage. IF congress really cared?

They could easily do something about it but it is just easier to use people as political pawns and hold "services" over their head to stay in power.
edit on 27-5-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I 'admired' their creativity on the old term limits issue. When it came up for a vote there was not one bill, not two but three. Every Congressman then voted in favor of one of the bills but none passed. Amazing! They all went home to campaign and boasted that they had voted for term limits! They all belong beneath pond scum.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Since most of the student debt is owned by the department of education, if they really wanted to help the students they could forgive the debt or cancel the interest on it, but they won't because it's all a scam.

new topics

top topics

join