It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

blackout bomb

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I don't know if this has been discussed here before. Man this could be really bad news if it ever came to be. I knew nuclear bombs had this effect, but never thought this would be the main objective of a nuke.

www.sonic.net...

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 05:55 PM
link   
This has been brought up many times here.
It is an EMP (electo magnetic bomb) and it would have the same result ( as far as electronics are concerned) as a nuclear weapon-with out the distruction of buildings ect and without the radiation.
Protection agaist it would be the same as against a nuclear weapon (refered to as hardened electronics). What that means is the government and the military would still keep going, but everything electronic you own would be useless.

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 07:15 PM
link   
yeah, EMPs have been discussed all around. still some skery stuf though. its possible to build em for 400 bux or so, which is much less comforting than one wud hope. the idea of having, really, out entire life blown out is rather unappealing.

did you search for blackout bomb? that might not show anything up, ive never heard of that phrase before. EMP, search for the words in that, that shud get you something.

heres one i just did

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 07:44 PM
link   
hmm, yeah i did a search for blackout bomb. it turned up a bunch of results, but none of them were about this type of bomb. personally i like the old search function better, before the bolean one.

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 08:08 PM
link   
i remember reading about how the navy was researching a emp emitting device...they were thinking about putting it on a tomahawk missle that way it would be possible to fly over several cities knocking out power over wide distances. it was asked if this weapon would be used in iraq and the response was that it hadnt been fully tested yet.

new topics

top topics

join