It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RFID Chips in San Antonio Student ID's

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
When I read this crap, all I can do is just shake my head. 15 years ago, if someone wouldve told me that soon we would have drones spying on us, we would be tracked via our cell phones and RFID chips would be,implanted in ID's, under our skin or in our clothes, I would've laughed my a$$ off at them.
Id say within 5 years, this will be in every school district in the country.

I guess, if they leave their ID at home, they stand a chance of being counted absent?

link

Northside Independent School District plans to track students next year on two of its campuses using technology implanted in their student identification cards in a trial that could eventually include all 112 of its schools and all of its nearly 100,000 students. District officials said the Radio Frequency Identification System (RFID) tags would improve safety by allowing them to locate students — and count them more accurately at the beginning of the school day to help offset cuts in state funding, which is partly based on attendance. Northside, the largest school district in Bexar County, plans to modify the ID cards next year for all students attending John Jay High School, Anson Jones Middle School and all special education students who ride district buses. That will add up to about 6,290 students Read more: www.mysanantonio.com...

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Juggernog

I don't know
a quick 30 sec. spin
in the microwave should
do the trick ...

they would be issuing me a new one every few days...

"these must be defective"

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Why don't 'they' just stop all the crap in between and jump to sticking the chips under the skin. We know that's where it's headed. We know that's what will ultimately happen. We know that NO ONE will do anything about it either. Let's just cut to the freakin chase and start choosing sides.

Grrr!

peace

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Anything to make this seem acceptable to society.

First, schools, then licenses and ID's...then credit cards.

Oh wait...they already do all that too.

I bet the next cool fad will be identification via microchip.
No more wallets, ID's or credit cards.
It'll be more convenient to just have the chip.

Well...it'll be cool to those who accept it.

Not I.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by havok

I bet the next cool fad will be identification via microchip.

Its already there. Some people get chips inserted and certain bars are able to ID them when they arrive, then they can use them for pay etc..

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Agreed. I think it is in Florida already.
But it hasn't registered as the next "coolest" fad yet.
Which is on it's way I'm sure.
Just let the television companies market it and you've got millions of accepting minions.

Now the people behind all this need to conjure a way to sell it.
And I'm sure they've already thought of it by now.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Not all that odd. Pretty much all ID's have RFID technology now. It is in my student ID for college, and my work ID as well. A lot of freight has it these days too! Instead of counting merchandise, you just drive slowly down the aisle on your forklift with a scanner.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Here's a different angle: At our local high school the students are required to produce their student I.D. cards at the beginning of their second period class each day. If for some reason a student can't produce the card they are given a new one at the cost of $7. Quite often these cards are lost, damaged or just forgotten at home. The cost for replacement I.D. card(s) must be paid else the student cannot get their report card, get their new semester schedule or textbooks, or get their diploma if a graduating senior.

Now, imagine how much a replacement school I.D. will cost if it has "the chip" in it, and how much money the school district (as well as many other districts who follow the same practice) stands to rake in. The school instantly makes the new I.D.s with an on-premise machine that they own. They only cost pennies to make and they profit several dollars off of each one. How much money do they stand to make off of cards with the chip in them? It stands to reason that they would probably charge double to triple the amount they are charging now.

Just another angle I thought was interesting.

new topics

top topics

join