It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

old bible just found

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by stupid girl

Originally posted by arpgme
This is just a plane to divide and conquer and to add even more hate between The Christians and The Muslims.

Like the two they flew into the World Trade Center?

WOW, lol... That was a typo I think.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   

This is just a plane to divide and conquer and to add even more hate between The Christians and The Muslims.

Haven't you heard, those were holograms. Get with the times dummy.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

WOW, lol... That was a typo I think.

I know, but I have nowhere near the amount of self-restraint required to pass up that beauty.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Originally posted by steve1709
This has just been put up on yahoo news. Dont know If I am supposed to say that but sorry if I have broke any rules.

"Iran claims a recently discovered, centuries old bible will prove once and for all that Islam is the one true religion.

The bible, confiscated from smugglers by Turkish authorities in 2000 is believed to come from the fifth century and is made from animal hide.
Experts believe it may be a copy of the Gospel as written by Jesus' disciple Barnabas, but Iranian state press claims it is much more than that.

Basij Press in Iran says the bible contains information that will trigger Christianity's downfall, and prove Islam as the superior religion."

I'm posting this to let everyone have their say.

Enjoy

Learn 2 use search button.

This is old news as of march.

Used it, looked up old bible since that was the heading at yahoo where I saw it. Re as of March, it came out as new news this morning (aussie time) SO I guess I tried to do the right thing. How about you might try "use a dictionary and look up sanctimonious".

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by steve1709

I hereby retract my previous post wherein I advised you that there was already a thread on this topic.
That should bring the count of people telling you the same thing after I already said it to 5 billion nine hundred and ninety nine.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   

I hereby retract my previous post wherein I advised you that there was already a thread on this topic.
That should bring the count of people telling you the same thing after I already said it to 5 billion nine hundred and ninety nine.

I think that's why I decided to tell lone wolf (with a lion avatar???? ) the suggestion to go use a dictionary or since you like typos
(a dicktionary) didn't mind at all that you let me know, actually even put a sorry back to you just after you posted it. Didn't even mind a few dozen other people letting me know, but since I base life on my gut feelings, this bloke really sent me bad vibes. So, I tried to let him see how over the top his apparent attitude was. Might check his posts to find out if he is a serial sanctimoniouser.

Had a look, maybe not a serial sanctimoniouser but definitely a christian with a challenge (similar to a man with a mission, a puppy with a purpose, a dog with a duty etc). A few statements from other posts to me, says it all

"""I'm not in the habit of believing every Tom, Dick and Harry with a story about hell. Better to focus on the love of Christ than the fears of men.
Watch what you ask for, you might just get it. What is bound on earth is bound in heaven, what is loosed on earth is loosed in heaven.
Yoiu might laugh at this but, think Mark of the Beast. It's becomming reality and we're being pushed closer and closer to it every day. """

I especially like the "love of Christ" so if lone wolf if you need to try and emulate him, does that mean he is sanctimonious?
edit on 25/5/12 by steve1709 because: did some checking

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hydroman

Haven't you heard, those were holograms. Get with the times dummy.

my bad.
I stand corrected, "Like the two holographic images they used to justify detonating stratigically placed explosives in the World Trade Center?"

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   

guess what they just seized from smugglers?

ATS thread "Seized From Smugglers"

Now you can go make him feel like a jackass for not even making an attempt to use the search function.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by stupid girl

Thanks SG, but I'm off to cut some firewood and play outside for a while. Luckily, I have a big sandbox 1100 acres in the bush.
Have a great day.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   

reply to post by stupid girl

Thanks SG, but I'm off to cut some firewood and play outside for a while. Luckily, I have a big sandbox 1100 acres in the bush.
Have a great day.

That's 1098 more than I've got

I would probably never be home if I had that much area to piddle around in.

Firewood? At the end of May?

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   

I think that's why I decided to tell lone wolf (with a lion avatar???? ) the suggestion to go use a dictionary or since you like typos
(a dicktionary) didn't mind at all that you let me know, actually even put a sorry back to you just after you posted it. Didn't even mind a few dozen other people letting me know, but since I base life on my gut feelings, this bloke really sent me bad vibes. So, I tried to let him see how over the top his apparent attitude was. Might check his posts to find out if he is a serial sanctimoniouser.

Had a look, maybe not a serial sanctimoniouser but definitely a christian with a challenge (similar to a man with a mission, a puppy with a purpose, a dog with a duty etc). A few statements from other posts to me, says it all

"""I'm not in the habit of believing every Tom, Dick and Harry with a story about hell. Better to focus on the love of Christ than the fears of men.
Watch what you ask for, you might just get it. What is bound on earth is bound in heaven, what is loosed on earth is loosed in heaven.
Yoiu might laugh at this but, think Mark of the Beast. It's becomming reality and we're being pushed closer and closer to it every day. """

I especially like the "love of Christ" so if lone wolf if you need to try and emulate him, does that mean he is sanctimonious?
edit on 25/5/12 by steve1709 because: did some checking

Hey, sorry if i offended you, but we have been talking about this for several weeks now and the most recent thread by Enochwasright Here and yeah ATSers do tend to get a bit grouchy when topics already in discussion come about again when threads already exist.

As for being sanctimonious, you don't seem to have much trouble in that area either
. You will fit right in on ATS. So you have an axe to grind against me? Cool, not something i can't forgive, you're not the first person to pick on me and you won't be the last.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
if it is genuine, iran will allow us to examine it. the only way to confirm it's genuine is to let us examine it.

are they going to let us examine it?

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   

There was already problems between Christians and Muslims before that...

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Why? If you're even somewhat Biblically astute this is a very poor attempt to incite doubt by the secular/Muslim world. They're the ones that will be angry when the research this a tad bit.

Maybe I didn't phrase my sentence properly. I wasn't saying that this was a good attempt. I'm not saying that I agree with any side. I'm just saying this will fuel even more hatred between Christians and Muslims.

If this is real, why not just say "we found the oldest bible and we will talk about its age and put it online for all to see" or something like that? Why must they be provocative saying that "it's going to disprove Christianity", and why must the Christians attack back? Why not be above the hate?

the way that the article is phrased it is so OBVIOUS that they either wanted attention or to cause trouble and the Christians are playing right into the game..

top topics

<< 1   >>

join