It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

old bible just found

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   
This has just been put up on yahoo news. Dont know If I am supposed to say that but sorry if I have broke any rules.

"Iran claims a recently discovered, centuries old bible will prove once and for all that Islam is the one true religion.

The bible, confiscated from smugglers by Turkish authorities in 2000 is believed to come from the fifth century and is made from animal hide.
Experts believe it may be a copy of the Gospel as written by Jesus' disciple Barnabas, but Iranian state press claims it is much more than that.

Basij Press in Iran says the bible contains information that will trigger Christianity's downfall, and prove Islam as the superior religion."

I'm posting this to let everyone have their say.

Enjoy

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Basij Press in Iran says the bible contains information that will trigger Christianity's downfall, and prove Islam as the superior religion."
reply to post by steve1709

True or not, that sounds suspiciously like propoganda!

Why have they waited so long to release it then? Translation perhaps, or to add things that is not really in there.....

vvv

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Wow. interresting! I need the http address of the source, please.
Very interesting. S&F!

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   
how will it prove anything its just a book,or does it come with alien tech holographic storyteller 3.5 pro

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Good thread, good find, unfortunately this is already being fought over on an ATS thread here:

Iran: Discovery Will Not Collapse Christianity

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by swan001
Wow. interresting! I need the http address of the source, please.
Very interesting. S&F!

It was just an article on Yahoo dot com dot au as a news item

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Good find. This has been covered twice now. My thread from two days ago is here: LINK

Also, it was not a Bible, but a forged Gospel. It was a forgery of the Gospel of Barnabas. The correct book of Barnabas is called the Epistle of Barnabas. LINK

The Epistle of Barnabas clearly supports Jesus death on the cross and his station on the cross for salvation. Iran is likely trying to lie. The Quran allows them to lie. God has a different set of rules they need to read.

edit on 25-5-2012 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by stupid girl
Good thread, good find, unfortunately this is already being fought over on an ATS thread here:

Iran: Discovery Will Not Collapse Christianity

My bad, took a look but didnt see it. Jo enjoy the fight
Let em both end up gone, just a crying shame we cant get all the info from the library of alexandria back from just BC and just AD when the christians and muslims thought that sacking a city was fun and all the stuff over in South America when the RCs decided that their amazing culture must be "of the devil"

RELIGION = DESTRUCTION OF OUR PAST

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Here's another thread on the same topic that was started a few days ago with more detailed information.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Here's what another article has to say:

According to many studies, the gospel attributed to St. Barnabas was written by a European Jew in the Middle Ages who was quite familiar with the Quran and the Gospels. He, thus, mixed facts from here and there and his intentions remain unknown.

Inside the full link below is a list of contradictions that this gospel has not only to Judaism and Christianity, but Islam too.

english.alarabiya.net...

Someone in the other thread made a good point about someone possibly creating this forgery to mix the scripture together in order to sneek it into a Muslim country without being condemned.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   

It's not a Bible, it's a Gnostic text written in the Middle Ages, the "Epistle of Barnabas". But anyways, there are already several threads about this.

edit on 25-5-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Here's the link to the Yahoo article.

Basij Press has quoted this version of the bible as saying "God has hidden himself as Archangel Michael ran them (Adam and Eve) out of heaven, (and) when Adam turned, he noticed that at top of the gateway to heaven, it was written "La elah ela Allah, Mohamad rasool Allah,"' meaning Allah is the only God and Mohammad his prophet.
I could imagine there being a Muslim version of this apocalypse.
edit on 25-5-2012 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Post link

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   

edit on 25-5-2012 by KyleR because: wrong thread

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Is that so?

Maybe the mainstream media just kinda, hem, that may be a surprise to y'all, lied. Maybe that the Iran's bible story was just an attempt to confuse christians and augment hate toward Iran, with is USA's next target.

A star for your input, mate, I did not knew that. Where did you saw the Iran Bible was a middle-age relic? I could save the link in my database.

BTW I U2Ued you.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by steve1709
This has just been put up on yahoo news. Dont know If I am supposed to say that but sorry if I have broke any rules.

"Iran claims a recently discovered, centuries old bible will prove once and for all that Islam is the one true religion.

The bible, confiscated from smugglers by Turkish authorities in 2000 is believed to come from the fifth century and is made from animal hide.
Experts believe it may be a copy of the Gospel as written by Jesus' disciple Barnabas, but Iranian state press claims it is much more than that.

I'm posting this to let everyone have their say.

Enjoy

Learn 2 use search button.

This is old news as of march.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
This is just a plane to divide and conquer and to add even more hate between The Christians and The Muslims.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by R_Clark
Post link

read thread, apparently it was aleady on ATS for which I have said sorry but there are some links in it plus I placed a link but you would have had to read and actually type it in normally not just click

Hope this helps.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by swan001
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Is that so?

Maybe the mainstream media just kinda, hem, that may be a surprise to y'all, lied. Maybe that the Iran's bible story was just an attempt to confuse christians and augment hate toward Iran, with is USA's next target.

A star for your input, mate, I did not knew that. Where did you saw the Iran Bible was a middle-age relic? I could save the link in my database.

BTW I U2Ued you.

I'm pretty sure the article itself says it's not a Bible but a copy of "The Epistle of Barnabas".

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme
This is just a plane to divide and conquer and to add even more hate between The Christians and The Muslims.

Why? If you're even somewhat Biblically astute this is a very poor attempt to incite doubt by the secular/Muslim world. They're the ones that will be angry when the research this a tad bit.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme

Like the two they flew into the World Trade Center?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join