It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lucid Dreaming

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 05:54 AM
link   
So I would like to give it a go and I know it's not something you do, you have to perfect it but I need some help from people who have tried it.

I've done a search on here and on google but I just want to make sure I know what I'm getting into.

Firstly - For the people who have tried this have you ever had any problems with it? Negatively affecting you or bad vibes, nightmares or maybe something that would make it dangerous? In other words would i be taking a risk if I tried it?

Secondly - Tips that worked for you to fall into a lucid state? I've had a look but if there is common denominator that works then I would like to start with that

Lastly - What sort of experiences have you had positive or negative? I would just like to see what peples dreams lead into.

Im not sure if this is where I'm meat to post this but I think it suits.

I would love any help as this seems a totally out of this world thing to try out!

Thanks for any input
CRB

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 05:55 AM
link   
I will check back in about 1/2 hour to reply to you guys

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Along with all the other tips stated on here i have found supplementing with melatonin and 5htp help. But i found lucid dreaming coming more frequently when i put in earplugs (the soft foam kind that expand in your ear) i found this out by accident because i work midnights and have to block out the noise to sleep during the day. Anyhow try the earplug thing.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   
I've recently got into lucid dreaming and astral projection. Although astral projection IMO seems to be a little more of a difficult task to accomplish I am still giving it a run. As for lucid dreaming there are multiple things that may help you such as keeping a dream journal, doing daily dream checks and even your diet throughout the day and what you eat before going to sleep. I've read that some foods may even prevent you from a having lucid dream( i think this would be more for beginners, seeing how if you perfected it i don't think the food would matter). So from one beginner to another i would say keep researching and don't quit trying. I can recall a lot of my dreams now , even dreams i had as a kid, i am closer to it than ever before. Also i would say join lucid dreaming forums for tips to help you...i recommend spirit forums here is the link.....SpiritScience Best of luck in your journeys

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   
I first had a lucid dream when I was ~11 years old. It was during an odd nightmare. I was on a mountain with a spiral path running around it and I was being chased by a boulder Indiana Jones style. At some point I became very aware that none of it was real, that I was in a dream and I wanted to wake up. In the dream I clenched my eyes shut and when I opened them, I was awake.

In the weeks and months afterwards, whenever I had a bad dream I was able to either wake up by choice or change the setting of the dream. After a number of years I had stopped experiencing nightmares altogether. I had also suffered from night terrors before my first lucid dream and I don't know whether this is a factor but I thought that I would mention it.

Recently (last night, strangely enough) I watched a BBC Horizon documentary called 'Why Do We Dream?'. It included a small section featuring an American scientist who now runs lucid dreaming 'workshops'. Here's the documentary. The lucid dreaming section starts 50:24 and there are a few tips in there.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by curiousrb

I've been having Lucid dreams since I was 8 (I'm 33 now). I thought everyone was able to do this up until 3 years ago when my daughter told she was afraid to go to bed because of her nightmares. I told her to just take control of her dreams so that she could change it to a happier one. She said that was impossible, no one can control a dream, that's why they are dreams. My wife agreed with her. That's when I realized that not everyone knows how to do it.

I've never did anything particular to obtain a Lucid dream state (so I thought). Then I came acrossed a study in the news that found that a high percentage of people who were avid gamers in their early years, reported having Lucid Dreams. I realised how much sense this made (since I myself was an avid gamer in my youth). In video games, you are the controller of the game. If you die, you either respawn at an early location or have extra lives to continue the game. Also in games, the player usually have special powers that gives them more control over the game.

Just like when I would play Tetris for a few hours straight, when I went outside I would still see patterns in my mind of where to stick the blocks around the world I am viewing. This also happens when playing chess. I would dream a patterns of moves for my pieces and even relate the strategies in normal life experiences.

So my point is that, the mind is very good at being trained to recognize patterns and concepts then reapplying them again later in other situatuions. The whole idea behind Lucid Dreaming is being able to recognize that you are dreaming, then change it's outcome because you realise you are the controller of dream.

I hope that helps gives you some ideas on obtaining Lucid Dreams. Just remember that to train yourself it must be done subconciously. It's not a concious decision, it must be done through pattern training so that thinking has no part in it.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Lucid dreaming isn't dangerous. Some people say you can lose grip of reality, but I'm quite sure that won't happen.
The Wake back to bed method is one of the most effective ways to have a lucid dream. Also look up the Mild Technique (Reality checks) or if you wanna have a lucid dreaming through sleep paralysis, then look up the Wild technique
. A great friend of me was able to lucid dream almost every night. But recently he started having lucid dream nightmares, which is quite scary according to him. But most of the time Lucid dreaming is amazing, and it isn't dangerous at all!

-Crash

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I have been practicing for a long time now 1.5 years maybe my dream recall has improved massively either though i do not use a journal i think its because i have told myself over and over that i can lucid dream or its just because it has been my main topic for a long time now and i have had cooler dreams since i started focusing on lucid dreaming i particularly recall one where i kamehamehad a bunch (fun as ****) The only thing that can happen is the chance of sleep paralysis which is where your body is asleep but your mind is awake,

overall: try to use a journal
check out the mild and wild techniques
wake up early and go back to sleep
make lucid dreaming your main topic
use reality checks

hope this helped i try you know

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by iwan2ski

Same for me. I refer to myself as a natural born lucid dreamer. I was very confused when first realized others couldn't do this naturally. I also have near perfect dream recall. I can remember my dreams from when I was 8 years old with more clarity than I can actual events.

I am not sure about the gaming connection. It is possible though. Nintendo didn't come out until I was 9 but I played computer games. Only one of my 3 children is a lucid dreamer and all 3 of my children grew up playing video games from a toddler hood.

new topics

top topics

join