It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A brief interview with "The Warlock."

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 04:44 AM
link   
"The Warlock" is the nicknacme for a long-time local fixture. His thin frame, long, gray hair and beard, and love of musty old books certainly makes the nickname a no-brainer. The Warlock shurgs off such matters impatiently, mumbling something about not caring "what you kids call me this decade, so long as you don't string me up as a goat or anything," whatever that was supposed to mean. And yet even professionals and successful local businessmen will say that in his school days, the Warlock was the most briliant kid in the city. He even made it to national speed-chess quarter-finals once, or so the legend goes. "What I am is really the last free-range original late-60s hippie, never given up," he says without missing a beat when asked to describe himself in thirty words or less. This question floors and destabilizes most interview subjects, but not The Warlock.

Not an internet-savy warlock, he may be one of the last holdouts to rely solely on printed information flow, a point he is proud of. He did agree to a short interview for this board when I explained what kind of place this was. It follows in my next post.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Me: Me
Wa: The Warlock

Me: You call yourself the last hippie.
Wa: Not the last but one of the last. Last one around here's always been hippie since the 60s, anyway...
Me: What's your hippie's-eye view of things?
Wa: You serious, son? The whole thing is shot, top to bottom. No point. What the **** .I dunno, you want an answer? No love. There's your answer. No love, too much resistance.
Me: Too much resistance? I see complacency, too little resistance.
Wa: No I mean they resist the reality so they run to the clothes-shopping game, its just a hangup. You know people used to understand me when I'd put it like that but not these days. That's another sign.
Me: Sign of what?
Wa: End of a cycle. Your computer buddies will get it. And end of this interview, your three minutes are up.

END

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 05:24 AM
link   
So the Warlock is your area's wise old sage, I like it.

I think his words were quite poignant, he speaks of resistence in terms of our false reality, the trappings of everyday life, our obsession for needful things, the preoccupation of media, and money.

By having a monetary system, we have resisted the reality of our existence, its like the old adage we come into this world with nothing.

Then again you have your "What is reality ?" contingent, striving to find the answers to this most complex of questions, with it's variable offshoots, which again becomes a distraction (although one I find quite enjoyable personally), but the bottom line is whilst looking at this big question, you are neglecting the fact, that actually you, just being in the here and now is reality, what you choose to do with it comes down to free will, but sometimes just to appreciate reality as existence isn't such a bad thing.

I know people who go to work, pay their bills, and then just watch tv ( specifically soap opera's), and I often think to myself what a waste, but in reality their reality is no less, nor any greater than mine, its just down to how you choose to spend it.

Bottom line, you can go in, out, round the houses, up, down, and through, but in the end it will all come back down to sitting in front of the telly with cup of tea, watching Eastenders aka, just living in that moment, what to you as an individual perceive to be your reality.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 06:12 AM
link   

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by TheXoor

Is "The Warlock" related to "The Wizard?" In which city does he place his step ladder?

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by dayve
Lame...

I wouldn't call it lame...but it is a bit of a build up given the post title.

May the OP be actually the "Warlock" or they are an actual person is up in the air, but to discount as lame...shows lack of an open mind in my opinion.

What were you expecting? Revelations upon the universe that so blow and expand your mind you sit aghast in your chair?

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   
I just wanted to note that the word "Warlock" used to mean oath breaker in old English. Source

Perhaps he is a bit grumbly about that? He seems a bit terse, 3 minutes for an interview? I wish there was more

There was this elderly man who used to come into the shop where I worked. He loved nothing more than me listening to his stories of when he was younger. I found it fascinating.

So unfortunate your interview was so short, we can learn a lot from our sages

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by TheXoor

He hit the nail on the head in my opinion......No Love.

We need more love in the world...more compassion and empathy for others.

Could it really be that simple?

In my opinion....Absolutely!

Interesting post! thanks

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I find it interesting how every city/town has at least one of these. My city used to have one, but unfortunately he got into bible thumping and would harass people downtown asking them to stay while he read passages. Then he died when one of the local homeless shelters went up in flames. True story.

Have to be wary when talking to these people though. Some of them are genuinely intelligent and mean well, but some of them are just simply mental.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by TheXoor

You didn't really get to learn much about him, Can we expect a part 2 by chance?
S+F!

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by ownbestenemy

Originally posted by dayve
Lame...

I wouldn't call it lame...but it is a bit of a build up given the post title.

May the OP be actually the "Warlock" or they are an actual person is up in the air, but to discount as lame...shows lack of an open mind in my opinion.

What were you expecting? Revelations upon the universe that so blow and expand your mind you sit aghast in your chair?

The whole thing was lame... if I wanted revelations I'd open the Bible. I was expecting something interesting ... ohwell just my opinion

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Procession101

That's what I was thinking.
OP, get your head in gear, get some potent questions prepared and let rip on this Warlock character and see what gnosis you can flesh out...

"Wa: End of a cycle. Your computer buddies will get it. And end of this interview, your three minutes are up. ""

He is referencing the Kali Yuga and you can tell him that I said so.
See what his response is...
edit on 25-5-2012 by WatchRider because: Addition!

new topics

top topics

join