It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sexuality and Society

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Ok I have a question for females and I am making this clear once and thats it: THIS IS NOT A THREAD TO PICK ON FEMALES OR ANYONE IN GENERAL. I have an honest question for you.

Why do females swat aside their dignity and/or credibility to sleep with a man who they pretty much worship (beauty)
For example: women who sleep with celebrities just because (even if the dude is a [SNIP] moron)
Is this fulfilling a fantasy or what? I know men do this too but we're just pigs remember? lol
Women are supposed to be the smartest and society has taught us this too.
So why do smart women have flings with assholes? Even married ones?
Are they just sexually charged and looking to release?
I thought women subconciously throw themselves at men who will rise in status with them?
Discuss

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.
edit on 28-5-2012 by Gemwolf because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Guys sleep with dumb tarts with good looks all the time, what's your point?

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 02:33 AM
link   
I'm a guy so I might not be able to provide the answer that you are looking for...

Do you act like this? Like would you do a female just because of looks even if she is a complete snob who seems to lack intelligence? If so, well I'm pretty sure the answer is pretty much the same. If not, well I'm still pretty sure the answer is pretty much the same. This post makes me think of groupies and every female that I know thinks they are retarded and worthless to society. I think the girls that are like that do it to brag to their other stupid friends, just like guys that are like that do, because we all know stupid people like to stick together, nobody else wants them.

You try to speak as if there is no ill intent but your wording leads one to believe otherwise. Have you been wronged by someone recently? If so I'm sorry and many of us are here to listen, if not than I suppose you've fallen victim to believing that crap they are showing on tv so often nowadays and I'm even more sorry.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Or how they sleep with a dude just because he's "popular". No matter how ugly the dude. I'm sure we all remember this one from high school. Or how they date a dude because of money. Heck, most will even marry for money.
Some women claim to be better than men and less superficial but at the end of the day, they're just as bad, and in most cases, worse.

Sorry women, but the truth's the truth. And now, some Conspiracy88 with a touch of Glen Quagmire: "And what really bothers me, is you pretend you're this deep woman who loves men for their souls, when all you do is date douchebags. Yeah, I date women for their bodies but at least I'm honest about it. I don't buy them a copy of the Vagina Monologues and then lecture them with some seventh grade interruption of how Eve Ensler is some profound intellectual. She wasn't! She's a spoiled brat! And that's why you like her so much, she's you! God, you're pretentious!"

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Not all females are like that! I have never been like that, so I am not sure what the answer would be...unless of course in certain situations the female is just acting the way a male would, but she gets stuck with the bad rep while he gets put up on the shoulders of his friends like he just made the varsity team instead of getting a hot girl into bed.

People have many different reasons for jumping into bed with someone. Sex is a product used to buy, sell, barter, and trade with... for both male and female whether they are married or single. It just always looks worse when a woman does it.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by HamrHeedAre they just sexually charged and looking to release?

Yep it really is as simple as that.

lust overcomes anything

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by conspiracy88

Wow I must have drank way too much tonight because I thought your name had the word conspiracy in it...

Dude, do you guys seriously think that is the average kind of female? I certainly hope not because if so you have sadly fallen suspect to modern stupidity, which wouldn't be all that surprising seeing how it truly is all too common in our society today. You people must be even more off your rocker than myself because I've actually met real women and I can tell you for an absolute fact most are not like that, I'm not going to lie, as a guy some girls can seem pretty crazy, but they do not act in the ways you guys seem to believe. However if you are going by what you see on that crap they call television these days I guess you might just be on to something... Oh but wait, if you do buy into that mainstream reality tv crap that is trying to brainwash the people from my generation and younger these days, than you aren't doing a very good job at the whole deny ignorance thing now are you? You wanna know what people like me dislike even more than the people who watch that crap and believe they should be like that, which are people we dislike an awful lot by the way... We dislike those who lack the intelligence required to understand that a few morons do not equal a proper realistic representation of a whole.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Garfee

Yeah but are men also "taught" to settle down with "safe" women?
Please don't try t o turn this around on me. It's something I have always wondered.

Women are supposedly inclined to get with "safe" men so it kinda makes me wonder why society is this way. get it?

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by doomedtoday
I'm a guy so I might not be able to provide the answer that you are looking for...

Do you act like this? Like would you do a female just because of looks even if she is a complete snob who seems to lack intelligence? If so, well I'm pretty sure the answer is pretty much the same. If not, well I'm still pretty sure the answer is pretty much the same. This post makes me think of groupies and every female that I know thinks they are retarded and worthless to society. I think the girls that are like that do it to brag to their other stupid friends, just like guys that are like that do, because we all know stupid people like to stick together, nobody else wants them.

You try to speak as if there is no ill intent but your wording leads one to believe otherwise. Have you been wronged by someone recently? If so I'm sorry and many of us are here to listen, if not than I suppose you've fallen victim to believing that crap they are showing on tv so often nowadays and I'm even more sorry.

Well yes that's a part of it too- the media tells women that money= safety. Even if the guy is a total #ebag.
Maybe it's just my generation and younger? I don't know. But I also see 40 yr olds swooning over people like obama- a total deceiver.
Sorry if I offended you

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by conspiracy88
Or how they sleep with a dude just because he's "popular". No matter how ugly the dude. I'm sure we all remember this one from high school. Or how they date a dude because of money. Heck, most will even marry for money.
Some women claim to be better than men and less superficial but at the end of the day, they're just as bad, and in most cases, worse.

Sorry women, but the truth's the truth. And now, some Conspiracy88 with a touch of Glen Quagmire: "And what really bothers me, is you pretend you're this deep woman who loves men for their souls, when all you do is date douchebags. Yeah, I date women for their bodies but at least I'm honest about it. I don't buy them a copy of the Vagina Monologues and then lecture them with some seventh grade interruption of how Eve Ensler is some profound intellectual. She wasn't! She's a spoiled brat! And that's why you like her so much, she's you! God, you're pretentious!"

That's pretty much what I see too. Maybe we're delusional?

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kangaruex4Ewe
Not all females are like that! I have never been like that, so I am not sure what the answer would be...unless of course in certain situations the female is just acting the way a male would, but she gets stuck with the bad rep while he gets put up on the shoulders of his friends like he just made the varsity team instead of getting a hot girl into bed.

People have many different reasons for jumping into bed with someone. Sex is a product used to buy, sell, barter, and trade with... for both male and female whether they are married or single. It just always looks worse when a woman does it.

Nice post ewe. In my opinion, when men are "switched on" for fatherhood, their reality has a shift- or most of the time.
The media has changed society so much! especially in this area of discussion.
Peace

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by HamrHeed

Originally posted by Garfee

Yeah but are men also "taught" to settle down with "safe" women?
Please don't try t o turn this around on me. It's something I have always wondered.

Women are supposedly inclined to get with "safe" men so it kinda makes me wonder why society is this way. get it?

I'm sorry but whatever your perception, it works both ways.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by HamrHeed

Double standards or what? You excuse the fact that men do this simply because of their gender then seem to resent women doing it.

Are you asking why people like to sleep with others they are attracted to? That's how biology works.

Women are generally attracted to successful or confident men - celebrities, popular people and the like can be seen as both. It's still less shallow than men sleeping with women purely based on their appearance.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   

I don't get along with the "average" woman.
Probably because I don't think like them.
They don't get me.
I call them plastic fluff chicks because all they think about is looks, clothes, and what other people think about their looks and clothes.
It isn't always about $
My friend (a guy) still gets freaked out by these women that just come on to him constantly. It is only about looks.
I've seen how these women get.
It takes a lot of balls to walk up and say I'd get rid of this (holds up a huge wedding ring) just to sleep with you.
It's too bad he works around a lot of rich women that married for money.
Most guys bust him up and say he can have his pick.
But he just say I'm happy with my girlfriend no thanks.

So I usually see these situations and it's always the girls/ women that are really stuck on themselves.
And I don't get it cuz I'm the type that really doesn't give 2 dueces what people think about anything- I go to the store no make up hair pulled back because I can't spend 2 hours primping - I actually do real things. I can't justify spending ridiculous amounts of $ on manicures that will just gets ruined when I clean - plus I can do it myself.
What did one of the shallow self absorbed ones offend you? because it really doesn't matter. There are girls that base it solely on personality too.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Who really cares? As long as the parties involved are not coerced and no abuse is involved then, frankly, people should be free to shag whoever the hell they like without any moral commentary from others........

top topics

join