It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I failed to deny ignorance today..shoulda known!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 06:31 AM
link   
I refuse to deny ignorance every halloween.. as part of our halloween party we invite a new charlatan over every year.. sometimes a card reader, sometimes a spiritualist, sometimes a ghost hunter to lead us on a ghost hunt in my scary ol house... its great fun. Ya should save the money for when youre wanting to be ignorant on purpose for the lulz.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Advantage
I refuse to deny ignorance every halloween.. as part of our halloween party we invite a new charlatan over every year.. sometimes a card reader, sometimes a spiritualist, sometimes a ghost hunter to lead us on a ghost hunt in my scary ol house... its great fun. Ya should save the money for when youre wanting to be ignorant on purpose for the lulz.

This I like

Invite the carny to your domain, and have at it. It's why I watch twaddle like Paranormal Activity. As shockingly bad it can be at times, it's the idea that gets me. Love it.

And even still, I do it to myself for free.... 3am, cold morning... what the hell is behind that curtain.. I know whatever it is, if I pull that curtain back, it's deranged face will be staring at me... emotionless.. as if to say "I am just here for you...." -- weeehooo makes my spine tingle and it's only 7:30pm

lol

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by mainidh

Originally posted by Kangaruex4Ewe
A friend and i went to a psychic years and years ago and got the same song and dance. I think we both paid about $30 each for the reading and wouldn't you know it??? We both needed "EXTRA" sessions for negative energy and curses. I was then quoted $125 for a candle I could burn when I got home....They are probably still trying to sell that same dusty candle, because I buy candles in bulk for a hell of a lot less than $125!!!

If I had it to do over... even the $30 was too much. Live and learn I suppose. Most of us have been there and berated ourselves afterwards just like you did. Don't be too hard on yourself. We all deserve a "give me" on occasion!

You know, this sounds awfully like a Scientology reading.

Haha boy those hounds steal anything that they can scam people with... I'm glad all I did was steal the dianetics book and kick their hoover. They never bothered me again.

I hate those guys...

We were 16 at the time with money to burn!!
I just know she went by "Sister Gina" and we only went for a good laugh. That was around the time the 1-900 numbers and the infamous Cleo "Call Me Now!!" adverts were in full swing. I just assumed she was a gypsy...She may have been a scientologist though.

Now I am pissed because that is not what I paid for 19 years ago!!!
Thanks a lot...

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 06:53 AM
link   

This I like

Invite the carny to your domain, and have at it. It's why I watch twaddle like Paranormal Activity. As shockingly bad it can be at times, it's the idea that gets me. Love it.

And even still, I do it to myself for free.... 3am, cold morning... what the hell is behind that curtain.. I know whatever it is, if I pull that curtain back, it's deranged face will be staring at me... emotionless.. as if to say "I am just here for you...." -- weeehooo makes my spine tingle and it's only 7:30pm

lol

Bwahahaha! I couldn't help but reply to this and butt in. This made me literally lol
! That is exactly what we do here! That's what makes it fun. Kind of like a haunted house. You know it's fake, but it's heaping good fun!

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kangaruex4Ewe

This I like

lol

Bwahahaha! I couldn't help but reply to this and butt in. This made me literally lol
! That is exactly what we do here! That's what makes it fun. Kind of like a haunted house. You know it's fake, but it's heaping good fun!

I still remember watching PA I alone at 2am, on my laptop and it was freezing, so I was huddled up in a blanket. Something about that time of the morning just gets me thinking like that.. haha, it is fun huh !!

No where near as bad as it was when I was a little kid, and I'd just seen Salems Lot.. it was in Balga in WA, and the power had gone out... we had the front door open, and for some reason I was petrified that bald vampire thing was out there.

Being an only child my parents loved to torture me that way, haha, I was soo scared.

Nothing like that feeling though, glad to know I'm not alone in enjoying these things
)

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

We had a similar thing with scientologists when I was about 15 or so. A mate, me and this chick we knew decided to play along with one. Went to the center, and they audited us. They kinda knew me and my mate were not interested at all, but the girl was asked to go to a bank and get money out on the spot, and that they'd go with her.

We quick smart got out of there, by that point, it's beyond funny when they're surrounding us and telling us what we're going to do.

From that day on, it was war. lol. I say war, I mean a laugh... well, I say laugh I mean... damn freaky to be honest.. haha

And this was well before they had made any headlines in Perth... it was an eye opener.

Mind you, if you've watched Bottom, the episode where Richie and Eddie go to a carnival and in attempting to flee from 'Thieving gyppo bastards' (words in the sitcom dear mods
) they ventured into a Fortune tellers tent.

"Cross my palm with silver." in full mysterious accent
"Well I dont have any silver do I... being a fortune teller you should know that." says richie
"Well gimme what ya got then..." she says, now in full cockney.. haha

haha in the mood for that now..

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
When my brother and I were younger, we loved to prank phone call psychics. Whenever they answered, we'd always say it was a prank and if they were really psychic they wouldn't have answered the phone.

Oh, well. Thanks for sharing your experience. Lesson learned!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join