It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nigeria to US: Don't List Boko Haram as 'Terrorists'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   
news.antiwar.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">Source

Text Nigeria's National Security Adviser and Ambassador to the United States have both delivered messages to the US State Department urging them not to list Boko Haram as a 'Foreign terrorist organization'.

The US has been keen to expand its own intervention in oil-rich Nigeria, and has been playing up the “threat” posed to the international community by Boko Haram, and has committed itself to fighting the group.

Nigerian Defense Minister Bello Mohammed warned that the government is still trying to negotiate some sort of settlement and answer some of the faction’s grievances. He added that declaring them “terrorists” would not be helpful to those talks

Here is a another source

I read this and all I hear is,
"Please don't put our little group of bad guys on your terror list as a pre-text to come and invade our country!!"

Seems to me that its just one of the many new fronts on the war on making sure the US has all the oil... Oops, I meant the war on terror. Remember, its for your own good! Security over Liberty right?

I wont be suprised if we see the U.S. And possibly NATO ramp up operations in Nigeria.

Your thoughts?!
edit on 5/25/2012 by Nspekta because: other source

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Meh, maybe we should take over. It would be better for those poor kids. I watched a video in Philosophy class about how we get our precious little diamonds, both sides gruesomely torture and murder the children over there. All of that crap for some damn shiny rocks that the idiots over here treasure so much, I hope they like their stupid little blood rocks.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Boko Haram are a very interesting group, however to my knowledge they have yet to attack American interests however they have, or rather a possibly a splinter group did take a British and Italian hostage who were killed when British Special forces attempted a rescue this year. They also appear to have aspirations to expand their attacks possibly against American and other western interests and shear an ideology similar to that of other violent Islamic extremist groups.

I can understand why the Nigerian government are opposed to Boko Haram becoming a designated terrorist organisation. Further to this I do not see a reason for America to intervene against Boko Haram at this stage however America can still gather intelligence and take steps to defend its national security form the group without adding them to the terrorist list until such a time as they begin to make some more violent moves against America.

join