It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was the reasoning for the Korean War a big lie?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaticusMaximus
reply to post by NorthKorea

What ISNT a lie coming from the US government, or any Western government for that matter?

So I take it that you put more faith N.Korean and the Chinese government ?

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   
For the most part Korea and Vietnam were Russia testing there weapons against the US weapons.
in Korea they tested there Migs against our fighters and found them lacking.

in Vietnam they were testing USSR supplied SAM missiles against US aircraft.
the US soon countered the SAM missiles that were the top line missiles the USSR was using to protect Russia for the US air-force.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by ANNED
For the most part Korea and Vietnam were Russia testing there weapons against the US weapons.
in Korea they tested there Migs against our fighters and found them lacking.

By all accounts I've read the MIG-15 and the American F-86 Sabers were more or less on par as fighters, though both had advantages and disadvantages vs. the other.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by NorthKorea

Any war is a crime against humanity and that one was/is no different. The dispute was not particular with the USSR but with China. McNamara wanted to nuke China.

I would fully support sanctions based on the maintenance of this issue to China from the WTO (that would solve other problems), considering the steps taken against Iraq and now Iran to me it is incredible that this stand off is permitted to continue. The suffering and damage that NK deals to its people and the impact it has on the region's evolution is devastating, it is even a catalyst for the prevailing corruption in SK.

Wikipedia has a very good article on the history of the conflict. I do fully comprehend communiqué received on 27 June from the Soviet Union that alluded it would not move against US forces in Korea. Understanding that decision and its motivation .would be extremely interesting...

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by LifeInDeath

The F86 had about a 15:1 kill ratio against the Mig 15. Early in the war, the Mig 15 had a dramatic advantage over the Lockheed fighter the US started the war with.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Matt1951
reply to post by LifeInDeath

The F86 had about a 15:1 kill ratio against the Mig 15. Early in the war, the Mig 15 had a dramatic advantage over the Lockheed fighter the US started the war with.

The 15:1 kill ratio is very much in dispute. Also, kill ratio had a lot to do with whether it was Soviet pilots or N.Korean and Chinese pilots, who where were no where near as good as the Soviets. Pilots who have flown both planes say the MIG beats the F86 in a lot of areas. The main area the F86 was better was at low altitudes.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join