It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Absurdity of Labels

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 03:41 AM
link   
reply to post by LesMisanthrope

labels give us a starting point , from which to begin to evaluate

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 06:24 AM
link   
labels is out of the absolute will to take the quality of infinite from truth and give it to subjects freedom

existence as we know it, clearly dont know but face values, which is absurd, when anyone know how limited is a face perspective

unfortunately, subject trait in absolute terms seem to out of taking for granted the sense of freedom from knowing that objective is true
everyone then, mean to reach his life for the chance of being true benefits then alone since truth is anywhere and everyone

maybe unconsciously, one mind think that if without meaning being the fact of knowing that smthg exist make one free as positive being, then if he focus on being positive in constant terms one could reach nirvana
but he must keep focusing on himself being

so that is why everyone seem to be out of that reaction to put objective existence as a fact first down, just proving its existence, so labels serve to that mean, where they assume being then in the position of being free out ready to think all the possible ways for making that happiness of being positive from nothing just constant and surely for more

i for myself am different kind of one so i guess that a lot others are like me too

to me, when i see that truth makes me free, i cant think but truth value

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Everything goes in waves.

We are constantly changing, so a description to define us is pointless as it is never persistant enough to be "the" definition.
There is no need to define anything, just enjoy the ride and accept what is presented for that moment.....it will change.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape

As soon as you put a label on the thing/situation/event you have defined it with 'your own' definition, you have evaluated it based on your 'conditioning'.
What is seen has no label, it is pure and innocent until you put your mark (the mark of the devil??) on it. Your mark is made out of conditioned mind, it is not you!! It is a program inplanted in you and is running you if you cannot see and hear and taste the world, without labels.
Jesus taught the blind to SEE. The conditioned/programmed mind cannot see it can only label. True seeing is prior to conceptulization, prior to concepts, ideas and words.
edit on 25-5-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Labels are symbols that have energetic power, they are like spells. Did you learn 'spelling' at school??
Someone calls you a name, it is like a button being pressed, or a spell cast. They have control over you, by using a spell (label/name).
One must see the labels as labels to be free of the spell. If the labels are believed then you are under a spell.
edit on 25-5-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape

Yes, but if the starting point is immediately made in error, I'd wager the rest of the the evaluation will be built on uneven ground.

I'm not stating I don't see any utility in labels—I actually stated the opposite—I just refuse to believe, assert, or become attached to labels as if they defined my entire being.

If I say I'm a Christian, I immediately bestow myself with all the baggage that comes with it, which leads to erroneous assumption and makes me guilty by association, almost as if I had something to do with the inquisition, the crusades, homophobia etc. I then feel I must defend all christians, the very label itself, when I haven't met the majority of them.

I'm merely stating it's bad logic to label someone and to allow oneself to become labelled.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

jesus made blinds see physically as magic powers but he didnt teach anything, how did he taught to see when his disciples had to take of their shoes for an image he never explain

and to see what?? u that consider urself all seeing, what do u see ?

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by absolutely

jesus made blinds see physically as magic powers but he didnt teach anything, how did he taught to see when his disciples had to take of their shoes for an image he never explain

Jesus pointed to reality, to what is real before the concepts and conflictions desecrate the garden of Eden.

I see what is presently appearing.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
There is magic power in words, dark magic.
There is more power in no words, no concepts, light magic.

Seeing words for what they are, deceptive, will open up a whole new world.
Look at the words and concepts, shine the light onto the dark.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain

Originally posted by absolutely

Jesus pointed to reality, to what is real before the concepts and conflictions desecrate the garden of Eden.

I see what is presently appearing.

what reality did jesus pointed to see?? jesus talked about religions and jews of jerusalem pointing a cross to anyone who mean to see smthg, pointing a god to worship and to hope sharing his kingdom over all skys

how dare u, mean to use my words for ur jesus, bc u r cheap evil that never mean anything right nor present and hate truth for what u exclusively mean urself only

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by absolutely

what is the shape of present appearance?? wat r u inventing of sights definition, present appearing>?? u see wat??

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
People like being part of a group, it's as simple as that. There is a certain validation in saying "I'm a liberal! I'm an athiest!" etc etc. If you belong to a group, then you're obviously doing something right in your life... right?
I grew out of that long ago. I am who I am, and who I am is not a group mind.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by absolutely

Wow. Are you here to. Haha. My lucky night. You are truely a treat, hahaha

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by trollz
There is a certain validation in saying "I'm a liberal! I'm an athiest!" etc etc. If you belong to a group, then you're obviously doing something right in your life... right?

Maybe to some. But, in my opinion, pigeon-holing oneself under a banner is lying to oneself, because no one can ever be fully one thing. Also, labelling another is also lying to oneself, because neither the labeller and labelled can say for sure that's what they are.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Labels are like cell walls, membranes. They define something that is always in flux.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join