It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Are you a mason?" "Of course I am!"

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by protocolsoflove

Originally posted by stormson

Originally posted by HamrHeed

reply to post by protocolsoflove

how much do the children or parents pay for their hospital care?

Wait a second: how are you a mason if you don't believe in god?

never said i didnt believe in the gods

Uhh.. which gods if you don't mind me asking

i believe in a transcendent god. since that god is transcendent, the people created a mask for it based on their own culture and enviroment. every god thats been worshipped is just a mask in order to understand the transcendent. i worship several aspects of the transcendent, knowing its just a mask that i can understand. its called "soft polytheism". "hard polytheism" is the belief that each individual god (odin, zeus, etc) are actual seperate entities.

Quite a long way going about not saying anything at all. Still didn't answer the question in the slightest. Bill Cooper was right that you guys are as cunning as foxes and are serial liars.

oh man.. come on. there's no need to jump to conclusions and such accusations. I totally understand what he means by transcendant God. I made a post on here some time ago that pretty much clearly explains what he means.

dont hang him because he's not that good at explaining things in a way everyone will understand... one second while i search my posts

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by stormson

also, don't you think that EVERYTHING has a soul?

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 02:58 AM
link   

that is another way to look at it that i hadnt thought of.
i will have to give that some thought.

however, as of now, i believe the soul is created at the moment of self-awareness, not conception. i do not believe that a child born brain dead or with a developemental disease that prevents self awareness has a soul.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 03:01 AM
link   

reply to post by 0mage

what you said about "youre a soul that has a body" reminds me of the bagavadgita.

i take it one step further. if youre braindead, your soul has already left your body. i believe that conscienceness is the soul. if you have no conscience awareness of yourself, you have no soul.

this idea has dire consequences as it means children that havent reached the age of ascention, the age they know they exist and can grasp the concept of death, dont really have a soul (or perhaps a dormant one). till that age, they are equal to animals. its that spark of consciousness that makes us human.

however, it also means that anything that is self aware has a soul. so if one day we find out that elephants, dolphins, and the higher apes are self-aware, then they have a soul and should be protected.

of course animals have a soul. They have consciousness.. it is only a communication barrier which seperates us and nothing else! Guaranteed!

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 03:05 AM
link   

that is another way to look at it that i hadnt thought of.
i will have to give that some thought.

however, as of now, i believe the soul is created at the moment of self-awareness, not conception. i do not believe that a child born brain dead or with a developemental disease that prevents self awareness has a soul.

If you read through the Cayce files you will come across many cases such as this. With the understanding that souls choose their incarnation, this kind of thing is performed by the kindest of souls.

One aspect that you may be missing is that the soul may have served its purpose in life and yet still only breathed a few hours. Karma takes shape in many different ways and in situations like this it is always something that the souls of the parents are meant to experience for it is part of their journey.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 03:08 AM
link   

no, i dont believe that everything has a soul. i do believe that everything is made up of god energy, but only highly coalessed energy becomes a soul.

spirits are self-aware, non-corporeal souls. elementals are not self-aware, therefore are not souls. animals, as far as i know, are not self-aware, and therefore do not have souls. they are entities.

think of it like this, though extremely simple. all the programs running in the background are like elementals and animals. a step higher would be active programs making calculations. theses would be people. the os would be god.

also, if a computer ever becomes self-aware, it gains a soul by my definition. again, by definition hinges on self-awareness and sentience.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by 0mage

reply to post by 0mage

what you said about "youre a soul that has a body" reminds me of the bagavadgita.

i take it one step further. if youre braindead, your soul has already left your body. i believe that conscienceness is the soul. if you have no conscience awareness of yourself, you have no soul.

this idea has dire consequences as it means children that havent reached the age of ascention, the age they know they exist and can grasp the concept of death, dont really have a soul (or perhaps a dormant one). till that age, they are equal to animals. its that spark of consciousness that makes us human.

however, it also means that anything that is self aware has a soul. so if one day we find out that elephants, dolphins, and the higher apes are self-aware, then they have a soul and should be protected.

of course animals have a soul. They have consciousness.. it is only a communication barrier which seperates us and nothing else! Guaranteed!

All things in the mind of God have a soul!

In the beginning God created the heavens and the Earth. How? The Mind of God moved, and matter, form, came into being.

Spirit is life. Mind is the builder, and the physical is the result.
In each atom, in each corpuscle, is life. Life is that you worship as God.
For the Earth is only an atom in the universe of worlds.

"Life is, in all its manifestations in every animate force, Creative Force in action; and is the love of expression - or expressing that life; truth becoming a result of life's love expressed. For, these are but names - unless experienced in the consciousness of each soul."

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 03:10 AM
link   

no, i dont believe that everything has a soul. i do believe that everything is made up of god energy, but only highly coalessed energy becomes a soul.

spirits are self-aware, non-corporeal souls. elementals are not self-aware, therefore are not souls. animals, as far as i know, are not self-aware, and therefore do not have souls. they are entities.

think of it like this, though extremely simple. all the programs running in the background are like elementals and animals. a step higher would be active programs making calculations. theses would be people. the os would be god.

also, if a computer ever becomes self-aware, it gains a soul by my definition. again, by definition hinges on self-awareness and sentience.

You're forgetting that the spirit and the soul are two separate things.

link   

i believe in a transcendent god. since that god is transcendent, the people created a mask for it based on their own culture and enviroment. every god thats been worshipped is just a mask in order to understand the transcendent. i worship several aspects of the transcendent, knowing its just a mask that i can understand. its called "soft polytheism". "hard polytheism" is the belief that each individual god (odin, zeus, etc) are actual seperate entities.

As I suspected. Thanks for pecking it into stone

link   

ok i was unable to find my post that explains this "transcendental God" terminology so i will attempt to re-explain:

Basically one can believe that there is one God! which all religions call by a different name. God, Allah, Krishna, Ra etc etc.

The truth remains that the names are simply words used in reference to the supreme being and creator of our kind and the first of our kind, creator of the universe we inhabit as well!

Now a transcendental God is when someone recognizes this. and so basically they recognize that God is not a Christian God or a Muslim God. But all of mankind's God.

Thus knowing this.. They recognize that when addressing or praying to God, the most important thing is about the meaning in your mind that is conjured when you pray. So it does not matter what name u address him as as long as the image you hold in your mind when doing so is held with the same reverence and respect with the view of addressing the supreme being and creator of first of our kind to which we owe all praises.

I've explained this better before but try to see what i mean. it's not about which God. but your image of God or the methods you use to describe and/or relate to God. you could call him Zod. or khallu.. it wouldnt matter as long as within your belief structure u are holding the thoughts of your creator to be associated with it.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by 0mage

at this point i do not know that animals are self-aware or sentient. i know they have emotions.

once im shown they have self-awareness and sentience, then i will believe they have a soul.

however, i will not say that all animals are soulless, as the possiblity remains that a soul gave up sentience to experience animal life. i dont think it probable, but it is possible. why would anyone give up sentience on purpose?

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 03:13 AM
link   

I do not believe there is anything higher or better than myself because I am the universe. I came from the universe, therefore I am part of the universe.

I suppose they wouldn't allow me in for snack-time.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by protocolsoflove

"till now i didnt know that you worship cayce. " yet another thing that you know is a lie yet you say it anyways.

i love hearing masons publicly define lucifer because it's always something i haven't heard before....

you quote cayce and link it to christian concepts. therefore you worship cayce. just as mormons worship the teaching of smith.

as for the definition of lucifer, the light bringer, thats just history. the statue of liberty is concidered a lucifer, as she brings light into the dark lives of the "poor and huddled masses".

So you admit you worship "the light", whatever that means. It's quite obvious to anyone with a brain that this "club" does everything to replace the divine father.
Yall sound like atheists when you speak of religion

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by 0mage

Thanks for the explanation. I think I understand what you mean with the concept much more clearly now. I think God is creator, grand architect is a good term for him, indeed. I think that God is a mind that can and should be communicated with. As long as it is the All One that you put your faith in I don't think it matters what you call him. I say, God simply, nothing wrong with jehovah, allah, etc...as long as you make sure that whatever crackpot name you are using is not accidentally the name of a demon...for they like to have all sorts of names...lucifer...the false god who shares trinity with none and only means to decieve.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 03:18 AM
link   
between stormson and protocolsoflove i have to remember that i am not dealing with highly uninformed and unitiated when dealing with you too. i have seen that both of you understand more about this topic than many i have encountered on this forum.

see now.. let's iron this out so we have a standard of understanding and stop tripping over eachother

can we agree then that

Spirit is what we are born with and quite well recur on the earth with when we do not achieve being elevated to souls

and SOUL is an elevated spirit that will no longer have to re-occur on this plane of existence if it so desires. while spirits have no choice in the matter.. they must re-occur in the physical plane over and over until they are elevated.

using broad terms here.. but i think that between at least us three we can get some very progressive discussion going if we create some standards

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by 0mage
between stormson and protocolsoflove i have to remember that i am not dealing with highly uninformed and unitiated when dealing with you too. i have seen that both of you understand more about this topic than many i have encountered on this forum.

see now.. let's iron this out so we have a standard of understanding and stop tripping over eachother

can we agree then that

Spirit is what we are born with and quite well recur on the earth with when we do not achieve being elevated to souls

and SOUL is an elevated spirit that will no longer have to re-occur on this plane of existence if it so desires. while spirits have no choice in the matter.. they must re-occur in the physical plane over and over until they are elevated.

using broad terms here.. but i think that between at least us three we can get some very progressive discussion going if we create some standards

Bravo...

I'm in.
Give me a few minutes to go to the store and formulate some thoughts.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 03:22 AM
link   

reply to post by 0mage

at this point i do not know that animals are self-aware or sentient. i know they have emotions.

once im shown they have self-awareness and sentience, then i will believe they have a soul.

however, i will not say that all animals are soulless, as the possiblity remains that a soul gave up sentience to experience animal life. i dont think it probable, but it is possible. why would anyone give up sentience on purpose?

stormson. it is very clear to see that they are.. else they would not run in fear of death for "Self preservation" and survival. Else your dog would not be able to comprehend the word "Sit" as a command.

however highly you want to view human intelligence and communication it still is no more than a series of recognizable syllabic grunts lol. so lets not put ourselves on too high a pedestal above the animals.. mammals at least.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 03:23 AM
link   

in my view, it goes like this. self-awareness= soul. if its self-aware and sentient with free will it is a soul. the housing is irrelevent.

so i guess to put it into a hierarchy i would say

transendent god- beyond all definition so why try
the gods- aspects of the divine that the people recognize based on their culture and enviroment. (a desert god will not be found in forest lands and vice versa, well till now with mass travel)
sentient beings- souls (come in two forms, physical and non-physical)
non-sentient beings- two forms, entities are physical and elementals are non

other subcatagories, but irrelevent.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by b3l13v3

I do not believe there is anything higher or better than myself because I am the universe. I came from the universe, therefore I am part of the universe.

I suppose they wouldn't allow me in for snack-time.

does a drop of water believe it to be the whole ocean? to be part of the whole doesnt make you the whole. a hydrogen flame does not a star make.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 03:27 AM
link   

reply to post by 0mage

for a challenge. maybe they been through this game so many times and passed they wanted to try and figure it out from a harder level
thus chose to see if they could endure the experience. remember souls have a millennia to do things. i mean how much magnificence and getting all you want can you stand before u start to miss the struggle of physical existence.. to see if you can pass the test all over again when your mind and memories of your origin is wiped as you re-enter the physical state forgetting your past lives until you realize yourself again

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join