"Are you a mason?" "Of course I am!"

page: 15
<< 12  13  14   >>

join

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by KSigMason

Hey sorry i didn't reply from a few days ago my internet has been down.

I respect you for standing up for your community and for now i will keep my opinions to myself as everyone has/ should have the right to choose what they do in there lives and what they believe in without being abused for it as i have been on the receiving end before lol and who am i to judge.

Peace.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   
I just found that Shaq was made a Mason 'on sight' by the Grand Master of Massachusetts in Widows Lodge #28 whch means he never went through the degrees. I am curious to know if he has ever attended lodge or is he more of a 'ring Mason'.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

I'd wager that all those Hollywood types are "ring masons". I think some of these guys pay for a "fast track" where for a price you can get all your jewelry and clothes and some guy waves a wand over you and says "VOILA you're a mason".

But on the other hand...there's super creepy types like Jay Z and Kanye.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by protocolsoflove

Um...
Proto?
Those guys aren't creepy. They're just apotheosists.
Meh. They're underwhelming.

edit on 2-6-2012 by CodyOutlaw because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by CodyOutlaw

Um...
Proto?
Those guys aren't creepy. They're just apotheosists.
Meh. They're underwhelming.

edit on 2-6-2012 by CodyOutlaw because: (no reason given)

Do they even know what they're getting into? Did they even READ Crowley's stuff, especially the parts about the "Negro problem" and "racial impurity"? arcane-archive.org...

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   

As I've said before, I'm no Crowleyite.
I'd also venture to say that even Crowley could not read Crowley's stuff.

As to these guys, I have no idea whether they've read his work in-depth or not.
But, I do know they are apotheosists.
That doesn't make them creepy, it just makes them dumb.

At this point in my life, it's going to take a hell of a lot more
than a hubris-ridden human being to creep me out.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by CodyOutlaw

As I've said before, I'm no Crowleyite.
I'd also venture to say that even Crowley could not read Crowley's stuff.

As to these guys, I have no idea whether they've read his work in-depth or not.
But, I do know they are apotheosists.
That doesn't make them creepy, it just makes them dumb.

What creeps me out about them is the knowledge that there are people who give them fame and wealth whose faces we've never seen.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by protocolsoflove
What creeps me out about them is the knowledge that there are people who give them fame and wealth whose faces we've never seen.

And those shadowy ones, too, are underwhelming

I have to say it again:

Or any human being, for that matter.

Faceless people like this always think they are actually in control.
That's the trouble with hubris, you see.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I wonder what's the reasoning behind this if that's legit?

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus

I just found that Shaq was made a Mason 'on sight' by the Grand Master of Massachusetts in Widows Lodge #28 whch means he never went through the degrees.

This is a common misconception....several years ago, I actually worked up a talk about it, which I presented to several local lodges.

When a man is made a Mason "on sight", he still receives all the degrees regularly, just in a different manner. What actually happens is that the Grand Master issues himself several dispensations simultaneously. He first issues a dispensation to form an occasional lodge, along with at least 6 other Master Masons. He then gives dispensations to remove the required waiting period between degrees, and then one to elect a candidate to receive the degrees.

The candidate is then initiated, passed, and raised in the regular manner. At the close of the Third Degree, the Grand Master dissolves the occasional lodge, and the newly raised brother becomes an unaffiliated Mason. He must then seek affiliation in some lodge in the regular manner to maintain his membership in good standing.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Do they even know what they're getting into? Did they even READ Crowley's stuff, especially the parts about the "Negro problem" and "racial impurity"? arcane-archive.org...

Crowley was a blowhard, and often echoed the prejudices of Victorian England, even while rebelling against them. On the other hand, he sometimes threw in satire to mock racism and racists (the preface to "Sepher Sephiroth" is a fine example).

In Chapter 73 of "Magick Without Tears", Crowley makes it perfectly clear that racism comes from deluded thinking, and is opposed to the occult truth that "every man and every woman is a star".

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   

One word:

Photoshop.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14   >>

join