It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Are you a mason?" "Of course I am!"

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by rainbowbear

The Taxil Hoax, the one where Taxil himself admitted to it being a hoax. The one where he wrote that Pike claimed Lucifer was the God of Masonry. Since Pike never said that, and Masonry doesn't have a God, it was important to know that telling a lie is a bad thing.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by CodyOutlaw
reply to post by ConspiracyBuff

Can anyone actually prove that Aleister Crowley was a freemason?
By prove, I mean provide some sort of record?
As far as I can tell, the only person who claimed this was Crowley himself.
And, sweet Lord of Hell, the man loved to lie.

Nope, when one tries to prove this one will find that Croweleys Masonic history is exceedingly irregular.

Protocols, there is a huge difference between legally constituted lodges of Freemasons, and a gathering of people with no Charter or Constitutions who are not recognized by actual Freemasons as Brother Masons. Those are clandestine lodges or clandestine gatherings and don't qualify as Freemasonry. That means that Crowley was not a Mason.

Masonic Light is something of an expert in this arena, I'll see if I can track down a link.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
see, heres where the "freemasonry is not a religion" gets a little cloudy. If you know anything about grammar, logic, and rhetoric--you can see the obvious inconsistent illogical statement as saying that yes, freemasonry is religious---

on page [xv] of Manly P Halls book, the Lost Keys of Freemasonry, Hall says
"Freemasonry, though not a religion, is essentially religious."

I encourage people to read the entire introduction for context, but critical thinking would tell us that Halls statement is an obvious fallacy.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by network dude

ah, well yes--I would rather read the works of Pike and use that as proof on anything. My copy of morals and dogma is from 1945.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by rainbowbear
see, heres where the "freemasonry is not a religion" gets a little cloudy. If you know anything about grammar, logic, and rhetoric--you can see the obvious inconsistent illogical statement as saying that yes, freemasonry is religious---

on page [xv] of Manly P Halls book, the Lost Keys of Freemasonry, Hall says
"Freemasonry, though not a religion, is essentially religious."

I encourage people to read the entire introduction for context, but critical thinking would tell us that Halls statement is an obvious fallacy.

I agree with Hall. It is not a religion, but it is religious. It encourages it's members to not just be members of their faith, but to be ACTIVE members of their faith. Is that a bad thing?

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   

If you understood reading between the lines and such you would see that this is a funny way of saying, "yes, it is religious"

Its about shadow language and Sophism. Sophists have sly techniques in the ways of conversation. It is in no way exclusive to Freemasonry. A lot of Masonic authors use it. Actually, almost ALL religious text is full of it....

just learn true Grammar, Logic, and Rhetoric (in that order and only that order). Then the truth sticks out like a brazen serpent.
edit on 26-5-2012 by rainbowbear because: you know how it is

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
to bring the topic back, so what if Shaqs a Mason? Basketball still sucks.

meanwhile, the Great Work continues....

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   

If you understood reading between the lines and such you would see that this is a funny way of saying, "yes, it is religious"

Its about shadow language and Sophism. Sophists have sly techniques in the ways of conversation. It is in no way exclusive to Freemasonry. A lot of Masonic authors use it. Actually, almost ALL religious text is full of it....

just learn true Grammar, Logic, and Rhetoric (in that order and only that order). Then the truth sticks out like a brazen serpent.
edit on 26-5-2012 by rainbowbear because: you know how it is

"just learn true Grammar, Logic, and Rhetoric (in that order and only that order)"
This is the technique I use when reading these SS forums. Sure seems to work for me

It's very very hard to make certain lies believable. When you start to see the same responses crop up over and over a pattern begins to emerge.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   

to bring the topic back, so what if Shaqs a Mason? Basketball still sucks.

meanwhile, the Great Work continues....

Shaq is not the only B-Ball dribbler who puts on an apron in the off season. (Pics incoming)

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   

I guess I am just not good at all this. I was taught that a person of integrity will tell you what he thinks without hiding it. Even though Hall wasn't a mason until much later in his life, he had a genuine interest in the fraternity. If you are truly interested, I suggest looking at the things he wrote after he joined. (you know, when he was on the inside and could find out for SURE what was going on)

My take on it is as a member who is active.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by protocolsoflove
When you start to see the same responses crop up over and over a pattern begins to emerge.

some folks call that "the truth".
But I am sure you know better with all your years in the lodge.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
As well as all other aspects of the "controlled perception" of society, Basketball's capstone of all-stars love the network.

From a creepy Nike commercial with pyramids and...isn't this a masonic pose? A star to the first one to confirm this.

Kobe makes it a little more obvious this time around.

Lebron and Jay Z.

Last but not least, a little masonic handshake action on the B-ball court!!!

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by EndWise

Oh, I'm free to utter whatever I wish, but I gave my word not to, and I am a man of my word? Would you have me not keep my integrity in check?

Free to think only there way of thinking? It seems very controlling rather the "free".

There is no thought control. You seem to think they have this over abundance of control when they don't have it. I'm free to hold my own personal religious views, my own political views, my own views on Masonry...and so on. Hell, I run a blog of my own personal research, some of which, I've had Brothers disagree with when I presented it to Lodge. I told him that they were free to think that, but this was my belief.

Also the comment about the church condemning freemasonry that being why it is so secret?

It's one of the big reasons Freemasonry was secret was that they had to be. It's not like the Roman Catholic Church it's known for their tolerance and very well known for its persecution of those it sees as a threat. Anything alternative to their views is a threat to them.

The first condemnation of Freemasonry by the church came about a year after the delivery of Ramsey's Oration. Today, a year doesn't seem very expedient in condemnation, but then it was for that time. Or it may just be coincidence as Ramsay had asked the permission of the Vatican to deliver the speech, but is said to have given it anyway.

As I said, we stay secret, or rather private, out of tradition.

The Lodge is not a church, it is a private organization, but if you were to come in you'd be greeted by the Tyler and kept in his company. Since you are not a member you would not be entitled to sit in the meeting. Again though, we are not a church nor serve the same functions as they do.

Freemason's charity can be seen daily and has helped countless lives. Bikes-4-Books, KTEF, RARA, CMMRF, Shriner's hospitals, scholarships, and others.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by network dude

I guess I am just not good at all this. I was taught that a person of integrity will tell you what he thinks without hiding it. Even though Hall wasn't a mason until much later in his life, he had a genuine interest in the fraternity. If you are truly interested, I suggest looking at the things he wrote after he joined. (you know, when he was on the inside and could find out for SURE what was going on)

My take on it is as a member who is active.

Are you referring to these writings?

"It was inevitable that the Orders of Fraternity should sponsor world education. (…) The program included a systematic expansion of existing institutions and the enlargement of their spheres of influence.

Slowly, the Orders of Universal Reformation faded from public attention, and in their places appeared the Orders of World Brotherhood. Everything possible was done to prevent the transitions from being obvious. Even history was falsified to make certain sequences of activity unrecognizable. The shift of emphasis never gave the impression of abruptness, and the motion appeared as a dawning of social consciousness. The most obvious clues to the secret activity have been the prevailing silence about the origin and the impossibility of filing the lacunae in the records of seventeenth- and eighteenth- century fraternal Orders. (…)" Manly P Hall "Masonic Orders of Fraternity"

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by soaringhawk

Nowhere has Pike ever said the god of Freemasonry is Lucifer. Nowhere do we believe any of the crap you have said.

You cannot speak for Masons and what our religion is, our beliefs are. You are incapable to define my relationship with God and what is in our hearts.

God is not the great architect of the universe. An architect takes what is already made and uses that to create something. God is the creator of everything out of nothing.

You really have no idea of what an architect is. You don't believe that God designed and built the universe?

Etymologically, architect derives from the Latin architectus, itself derived from the Greek arkhitekton (arkhi-, chief + tekton, builder), i.e. chief builder.

Architect and builder is synonymous with "creator".

Your education is based upon bad information. You've stuck your head in the ground and ignorance will keep you blind through the rest of your life. And I'm not wasting 45-minutes for something I already know is wrong.

reply to post by soaringhawk

If you know about Leo Taxil then you know that the "Pike quote" was fabricated.

reply to post by protocolsoflove

It is fact that Crowley was never a recognized Mason. When he tried to gain entry in England, the Lodge refused him. The attempts he made were always rejected. Even in the clandestine Lodge he belonged to, he never amounted to anything within it. His only claim to fame is through his time with the OTO.

And from what I understand all of his claims to any kind of Masonry, all of it irregular, was by his word. Masonic Light would know best as he has done tons of research on the guy.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by W3RLIED2

Thanks, friend - that's what I thought.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Freemasonry is religious, but fails to be a religion as it does not meet the basic requirements (we don't seek converts, we don't have any plans of salvation, etc.).

I do hate national basketball, I prefer high school and some college.

reply to post by protocolsoflove

Well, he only became a Mason last year. He is a member of Widow's Son Lodge #28 in Boston

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by KSigMason
reply to post by Shoujikina

Resistance to tyranny is obedience to God.

Should people just take it on the chin from an oppressive government? Revolution and liberation was the only righteous thing to do at the time.

People join Freemasonry for various reasons. As to what Freemasonry is for, even Masons debate that to this day.

You say Masons sit upon powerful stations around the world, but can you give examples? Too many times, vague generalities are thrown into the mix, but very little do we see substantiation.

One only needs to look at history to see why Freemasonry met privately. Today we meet in private out of tradition, but we also have the right to privacy and assembly.

Everyone has secrets and deals in secrecy. There is nothing wrong with secrecy.

You are contradicting yourself quite often and I wonder if you have noticed why?

What good can come out of secrecy? And secrecy from whom? To save yourself from the church, government, people, whom? I can imagine if I was gay/homosexual I would not want my soon-to-be-wife to know about it till we tied the knot. If I cheated on my wife/girlfriend I would probably not tell here either.

As you can see normally we avoid telling things to people that we fear will backfire on us. Some things are taboo that should not be and thus secrecy is necessary to counteract taboo persecution. BUT what if the secrets withheld were actually of outmost importance to society and not taboos? What if it is a worldwide group of extemely powerful knight templars who control banking and then whom in turn control governments to hide critical data such as extraterrestrial visitation and covert extraterrestrial domination? Would that not go against every good ethic?

Freemasonry has nothing to do with aliens and demons. lol Greed has no place in masonry, but thanks for trying. Your pathetic attack is noted.

So if we must "graduate up the ranks" to learn the real truth how did you find out so much? Arrogant much?

Because books and videos exist of former members who have seen what masonry is all about and they don't mind sharing with us how cruel, barbaric, unethical it gets at the highest levels. Don't give me "IT IS ALL A HOAX" bullcrap unless you can prove your cheap words.

reply to post by Shoujikina

The Freemasons are about the free mind, the free thinker. Too many condemn us for our "secrecy", but what they are really condemning is that they fear they are not able to manipulate the information if they did not have ready access to it.

Freemasonry has done absolute zero, squat, dribble, nada to help society. They are bunch of naive pretenders
at the lower ranks and evil satanists at the top levels. "Free thinking" my ass when people can't distinguish religion from spiritualism and fascism from corporate capitalism/state capitalism.

reply to post by yellowsnow

Freemasonry an arm of the Vatican? LOL

Freemasonry is worst than the vatican. At least the vatican makes no effort to conceal its evilness, whereas freemasonry does. Think of it this way, a 4000 year old human civilisation that still does not know its roots and thinks we are the only smart creatures in the universe. Freemasonry and the bilderbergers meet in secrecy....so guess what mr einstein........I am betting my money freemasonry IS LEADING and ORGANISING this new world disorder.

edit on 5/26/2012 by EarthCitizen07 because: spelling and punctuation

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07
What good can come out of secrecy? And secrecy from whom? .

As you can see normally we avoid telling things to people that we fear will backfire on us.

And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by men. I tell you the truth, they have received their reward in full. But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.

Matthew 6:5, 6

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

Hey there, I starred your deeply thought out and provocative post although I would like to posit a different point of view. I don't think freemasonry is in control of the major world affairs at all. Yes, some members are freemasons. But we are leaving out B'nai B'rith and zionist lodges as well as the explicitly stated satanic societies like the church of satan, temple of seth, illuminati, OTO.

If the freemasons had the illuminati agenda then why did the illuminists have to create their side order?

Somewhere hidden in everything there is proof of a world religion involving sacred geometry, the stars, and high technology. I think that many claim to know its secrets and customs. What we have today are some treasures, fragments of writings, and a renaissance that nearly exploded with occult writings from all around the world.

There are some seriously bad people out there and while some are or have been masons their allegiances lie elsewhere.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join