It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

25 May 2012 (the day europe collapsed)

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Just on BBC - 19.40 on Friday 25 May.......

Bankia has just requested a bailout of 19 BILLION Euros............!!

Thats a biggish sum of money................

www.bbc.co.uk...

I also note that both Barclays (that's my bank) and Santander UK are having diifficulties with allowing customers to access their accounts this evening ???????

PDUK

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePublicEnemyNo1
reply to post by michael1983l

To add to this the markets have been spooked by the lowest recorded output by the eurozone countries in 3 years.

It's a shame really...but I for one as a longtime investor, never EVER in a million years would have put a dime into a so called "universalized" currency/market and expect that market to maintain any sort of stability
It was a trial run and it failed MISERABLY.

ESPECIALLY in Europe of all places. Europeans have wars, mostly ethnic based, every couple decades practically. The European Union was a science lab for the NWO and a one world government in the elites attempt at trying to control the world population and stop ethnic rivalry. It ain't gonna work, and Europe is a prime example. I won't be surprised one bit if Europe ends up in another war because Germany, which has always had the most industrious and prosperous people in Europe, has pissed off all the other countries they lent their money to, and vice versa. It's a powder keg.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l

Originally posted by AQuestion

Dear michael1983,

If the western world and asia own the world, how is it that we can all suffer a collapse and not the third world which owns nothing? How is it that the richest countries can all be destroyed economically and the poor countries gain so much? Just some things to consider.

The answer to your question is that the western world and Asia do not own the world. The world has been fooled by worthless paper money and now all that matters is resources and Europe is relatively poor in those terms. If we can no longer steal resources from "poorer" countries then we can no longer sustain our standard of living as we have in the past.
i think you may be on to something sir.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleDog UK
Just on BBC - 19.40 on Friday 25 May.......

Bankia has just requested a bailout of 19 BILLION Euros............!!

Thats a biggish sum of money................

www.bbc.co.uk...

I also note that both Barclays (that's my bank) and Santander UK are having diifficulties with allowing customers to access their accounts this evening ???????

PDUK

bloody hell thats a big one, nice spot. The first domino has officially fallen. Now lets watch the show.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   

@ OP

Those are not free fall graphs. Go look at the crash in 2008. That's free fall.
Market adjustments like that happen many times a year, every year.

While I agree there is indeed another crash on the horizon, your proclamation that the sky is falling is a bit premature. You gotta wait it out till it's time, just like with the ladies...

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by pirhanna

@ OP

Those are not free fall graphs. Go look at the crash in 2008. That's free fall.
Market adjustments like that happen many times a year, every year.

While I agree there is indeed another crash on the horizon, your proclamation that the sky is falling is a bit premature. You gotta wait it out till it's time, just like with the ladies...

The only reason why Europes share prices aren't sinking right now is that the markets arn't open. Bankia decided they would announce the news after all the markets had closed before the weekend to limit the damage it will cause but trust me there will be a major crash on ~Monday, the graphs I show were just the signs of the start of it.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
its all an old nature law... the faster you grow ...the weaker you become...
oure banking system is based at growing.... and it is dying now couse lack of food...

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   

but you said it was going to collapse today, correct?

If it doesnt collapse Monday then what? Are you going to change your story again?

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by sam_inc

I actually said that this day would be remembered as the start of the collapse when they look back through history hence the quote "mark this date in your diary".

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ThePublicEnemyNo1

The only reason your amazing America isn't dust by now
Is because you bomb any country that threatens to leave the dollar
As its trading currency for oil.

That way you can raise the debt levels and print more money.

Don't put all this on Europe

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Basically the whole world has adhered to Covetousness.
The US is truly to blame for the mess out here and in here. The US has created the machine that spits out covetousness ( keeping up with the Jones).
Enough is never enough. No one is satisfied with having what they have, they want what others have.
The US set the example for this.
We started the Free Trade Idea's which was rediculous.
We opened the door to Slave Labor with our once foe in Vietnam (Red China)
After WWII we became drunk with the Power we retained while the whole of humanity was destroyed. We came to the rescue and we brought the Ideals the World Strives for.
Like a chicken in evry pot, greed was festered by US the US.
Now we try to influence everyone to our way.
Banks have run a muck on the backs of the lower classes only to give more and greater bonus's.
All media gives you is what the power elite wishes you to have.
I had to actually concentrate my business to the 1% cause no one is buying but them. They're buying everything they can now and building even larger homes.
I mean that the US is in such dept and yet we can't tax the 1% but these same who can't be taxed are building Muti-Million Dollar Homes on top of the Mountain near me.
There is one house that is being built that is a 4 story Log Home with a heliport and security system as in military style. This house is far off the beaten path they need a Helicopter to get up there.
And worse is it is for 2 Brothers and no wives even. What the Hell is going on that we don't realize or see.
The Whole world is on fire and the Rich get RIcher and we get poorer.
Maybe the Eyropeans will start eating all their pets then when that runs out they'll head for all those rich area's and Eat the RIch.
maybe then the Bankers and Traders will get off World before we all get them.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
One thing that is ALWAYS forgotten in these scenarios: someone is buying!

The day the "markets" open up and NO one is buying is the day we all should worry, but in almost all of these scenarios that is happening is a gigantic redistribution of assets and this is what his happening right now as people are buying.

Soon the might not....

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l
reply to post by sam_inc

I actually said that this day would be remembered as the start of the collapse when they look back through history hence the quote "mark this date in your diary".

The 'collapse' is an ongoing process. It wasn't the start of anything today. If anything we have to go back to 2008 for that.
But for all the kiddies out there who think Europe is going to collapse - it isn't. Quite the opposite in fact.
The books were cooked to let Greece in. Are we saying tptb didn't realise this? Meanwhile interestingly, the rules on debt and GDP were revised to let poorer countries join.
And oh dear look we have a financial crisis. How convenient! There are already calls for a tighter union as the only solution. But things will have to get a lot worse - with threats of conflict even - before people will accept it. But they will accept it..
They will clamour for it.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by RefereeWhat

I like your way of thinking I feel the same way. I'm ready to start tossing moltov cocktails.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Epic fail thread prediction...again

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
This isn't the day Europe collapsed. If you think this is a collapse, you've got a bit of homework to do.

When Greece leaves the Euro, I would think FTSE, DOW and DAX are in for a 1,000 point drop, at least. I would think that the announcement of them actually going it alone will come after trading has closed for the day on a friday afternoon, to give markets time to absorb the news.

We're probably in for another big drop for each country that pulls out. Keep an eye out for Spain, Italy, Portugal all pulling out in the next 2-5 years as well.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I can't believe these euro collapse/financial crisis posts get about 2 to 3 pages of replies, but Treyvon Martin, Obama's Birth Certificate, abortion and same sex marriage each get about 30 pages.

Maybe we deserve this # because we were too freaking stupid to recognize the heist years sooner.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   

If I was you guys I'd keep an eye on the markets when they open today

So it's 10:05 pm and I think I will put CNBC on tomorrow, but that will be Saturday, so I'm not certain if I'll catch the regular programming. Might have to wait till Monday.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
The title is a bit overblown. Europe is fine.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by macaronicaesar

Well i totally agree with this post

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join