Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

25 May 2012 (the day europe collapsed)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   
The day Europe's finances finally collapsed, mark this date in your diary.

Investors are busy fire selling bonds and holdings in european held teritories due to the realisation that Greece is now known as leaving the eurozone. To add to this the markets have been spooked by the lowest recorded output by the eurozone countries in 3 years.

www.bbc.co.uk...

Activity at European businesses hit a near three-year low in May, according to a survey by Markit. Its index, based on a survey of purchasing managers in the manufacturing and service sector, fell to 45.9 in May, a 35-month low. In response, the euro fell to $1.2515 against the dollar, a 22-month low. A summit of European leaders on Wednesday evening failed to boost confidence, as leaders disagreed over how to tackle the crisis.

As you can see in the past 3 months the German, French, UK and American markets have all been in free fall.

If I was you guys I'd keep an eye on the markets when they open today

www.bbc.co.uk...

And watch the value of the Euro and Sterling tumble

www.bbc.co.uk...

It is here, are you ready?
edit on 25-5-2012 by michael1983l because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   
and what happens then?

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l

Dear michael1983,

If the western world and asia own the world, how is it that we can all suffer a collapse and not the third world which owns nothing? How is it that the richest countries can all be destroyed economically and the poor countries gain so much? Just some things to consider.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by SkullAndBeats235

Probably famine, civil unrest and violence and lots of hardship for the masses. I should imagine it would have a similar effect like that of when communism collapsed in the USSR.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   

But ive no time 4 Civil unrest and Violence today. I make Barbeque with friends!!

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by AQuestion

Dear michael1983,

If the western world and asia own the world, how is it that we can all suffer a collapse and not the third world which owns nothing? How is it that the richest countries can all be destroyed economically and the poor countries gain so much? Just some things to consider.

The answer to your question is that the western world and Asia do not own the world. The world has been fooled by worthless paper money and now all that matters is resources and Europe is relatively poor in those terms. If we can no longer steal resources from "poorer" countries then we can no longer sustain our standard of living as we have in the past.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   
my question is to you OP how do you know the Euro economy collapses today?

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   

To add to this the markets have been spooked by the lowest recorded output by the eurozone countries in 3 years.

It's a shame really...but I for one as a longtime investor, never EVER in a million years would have put a dime into a so called "universalized" currency/market and expect that market to maintain any sort of stability
It was a trial run and it failed MISERABLY. Too bad the majority got juked.

BTW, did it really collapse? Me thinks it's down enough to label it a financial collapse. So hey, "to each his/her own". Hopefully, the next 5-10 years or so it will change, however, I doubt it. Europe, will unfortunately find itself where it was back in 2002. But for now it's a wrap! Besides, Europe has never had anything of significance to offer the world except their now defunct Euro.

The US Market will never hit rock bottom in this way...EVER! IMVHO, this was all foreseen...all you had to do was watch out and pay attention. I feel bad for those people over there, but geesh did they ever have a choice

The cold, hard unadulterated facts are that the suckers come and go...that's just the way it is I guess

Europe was on a mushroom trip into oblivion the day they made up the Euro. If the US ever does anything remotely close to what Europe did...I' moving.
edit on 5/25/12 by ThePublicEnemyNo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Well, not everyone was lucky with the Euro. Prices nearly doubled in Germany for some products over night.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by ThePublicEnemyNo1

They thought they had a choice, multiple times. But the answer was never good enough for those that pushed the lisbon treaty.
The yes / no question in the referendum(s) was "Tick no for yes or tick yes for yes".

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by verschickter
Well, not everyone was lucky with the Euro. Prices nearly doubled in Germany for some products over night.

I must submit...you are accurate in your statement. But where do those same products stand today? They're all in the same system. The markets may have different names, but it's all the same.

But, I do agree with you

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   
I find it very sad that the mainstream is kept in the dark, the only thing i here from the politicians is...
It's gonna turn out just fine... yeah right... for them probably so

greetz

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by verschickter
Why? any URL links? Thanks.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 02:16 AM
link   
25 May 2012 (the day another prediction fails on ATS)

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 02:27 AM
link   
The Euro was doomed to fail as it was poorly implemented and included economies that were to different, or in the case of Italy, Greece etc, simply to corrupt and inefficient.

Had it simply been between the larger, more efficient and less corrupt northern countries, it would have survived quite happily, it's the shoddy practices of the Med countries that dragging it down.

That said, I am glad the UK never joined and likely never will now. Currency independence is what has kept us afloat since the 2008 and, hopefully, will give us wiggle room if anything really bad should happen in the future.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Maybe this prediction has legs......?

www.bbc.co.uk...

Bankia shares are suspended in Madrid
25 May 2012 Last updated at 08:24

Trading in shares in the Spanish lender Bankia have been suspended in Madrid.

The market regulator CNMV said it was "due to circumstances that may affect the normal share trading".

Bankia is reported to be due to ask the government for a bailout of more than 15bn euros ($19bn; £12bn) after a board meeting later on Friday.

PDUK

Bankia, which is Spain's fourth-largest bank, was part-nationalised two weeks ago because of its problems with bad property debt.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 02:35 AM
link   

I never thought the joke at economic graduated school become real "when an econmist is out of job then the whole economy is just like this".

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Further evidence

www.dailymail.co.uk...

The eurozone's engine-room of France and Germany is now being hit by Europe's economic slowdown, gloomy new indicators have revealed. So far, the 17-nation bloc's downturn has been confined mainly to its periphery - with Greece, Portugal and Ireland all seeking bailouts. But an index measuring broad economic activity across the monetary union in May showed its weakest outcome since mid-2009, during the global financial crisis.

P.s. this is not a prediction, it is an observation. I am not saying that it will all happen today, what I am saying is that when they look back in history this will be known as the day when the first domino fell.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by PurpleDog UK

Yes PurpleDog, Spain only admitted the other day that they did not know how much longer they could hold out under the current rate of borrowing. If Spain needs a bailout, their economy is far too large that it would certainly bring the whole Euro down on its own. The Euro's days are numbered starting today.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Germanys answer to the crisis, mass privatisation. Yeah right, if thats all you have then we are screwed for sure

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Merkel to unveil 'East German-style' rescue plan to solve Greece problem and save the single currency Aims to revive Greece in same way as East Germany after Communism Ailing countries to be transformed via mass privatisations Germany's private sector worryingly in decline for first time in six months France's slump in same sector is the steepest for just over three years Gives urgency to keeping Greece's debt crisis from tearing euro apart Euro bonds splits growth-led France and austerity-pioneers Germany Spain ponders creating single nationalised bank out of its failed lenders Greek election 'has become referendum on austerity measures'

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join