It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rand Paul endorsed Mitt Romney

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

He will need to play the game for another 4 yrs. Than, when the "Paulites" (LOL) are in control of the WHOLE Party than he will be POTUS.

The question becomes, how will he get his VIEWS passed?? You know how he will do that?? Because he will have most of the Congress on his side, including DEMS.

LOL....taking it over by Playing there Games.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

So, what is the Republican Parties Policy NOW?? What will be the Republican Parties Policies be in 4 yrs when different views represent the Republican Party like it did 40 yrs ago??

Partys change. Ideals change. Didnt someone recently run on a Platform of Change!!! And now its not a good thing?? I thought change was good or does it depend on your views.

edit on 25-5-2012 by hoochymama because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

LOL. Paraphrasing is the problem. He didnt endorse Romney he said Romney is a business person that this Country Needs. He never endorsed him as POTUS and he never will.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by FSBlueApocalypse

I'm not sure he actually endorsed Romney. That said, our government is not a business. Sure it has a fiscal component to it, but it is not a business to be ran for profit, or to elevate any group over another.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

If Ron Paul were to support Romney (which I don't see happening), he would lose all credibility with his supporters anyway, or at least I hope he would. This is not about Ron Paul. His supporters represent a fairly large group of people that for the first time in their lives heard a politician say things that resonated with them.
edit on 25-5-2012 by notquiteright because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

You called it, good going.

Ron Paul winded his campaign down and now Rand is throwing out bones to the Republican party. I bet Rand will endorse Romney officially later the campaign when it is official that Romney is the winner.

Santorum will probably win in 2016 since it would appear the GOP is in the habit of picking the runner up from last time around.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by FSBlueApocalypse

I've never trusted Rand. I don't know why, but I've just never cared for him. His voting record is pretty legitimate, and he has got the namesake, but I feel he has only been a hindrance on Ron. I think they hold Rand's career over Ron's head and use it to temper Ron and keep him from being too aggressive.

I will never understand how anyone can be overly excited about endorsing Mitt over Obama. I've said it before, but that is like choosing Creamy Vanilla over Vanilla Bean Vanilla. A slight variation of the same flavor. Sure, I prefer the Vanilla Bean, but it is nothing to get overly excited about, and I don't go around screaming how much I hate Creamy Vanilla.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   
i dont know about you, but me and my dad had quite a few differences of opinion in my lifetime,

just an example, if i were president, all our troops would come home abolish the fed so on so on same thing you hear from Ron,

but if my father were president we'd be in iran by now.....

looking at Rand in that video kinda looks to me like he's defending a difference of opinion that he is experiencing with his dad, it has that vibe of "wait til my dad see's this it oughta piss him off."

realy theres no reason for anyone to think Ron is endorsing romney until Ron himself actualy does so, dont go trying to consider Rand to be a mouthpiece for his dad, i know i sure as hell would never be for my dad,

and i love my dad
, i brag about him all the time
just like rand did in that one part were he said his dad brought alot of people back to the party,

realy i think Rand just doesnt want his dad to be pres, i think Rand cares more about his dad then he does his dad's chance at being pres, basicaly if Rand wanted his dad to be pres he would not have said those things

and if Ron did not want to be pres he sure as # wouldnt have gone through all this trouble campaigning,

just because Rand uttered two sentences of support for romney does not mean you should not vote for Ron.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 05:44 AM
link   
I still trust Rand and feel no different because of his recent comments about Romney. Maybe he was just being honest and telling what he believes, maybe he just wants to be considered for the VP spot or maybe another position if Romney becomes president. Maybe he is going to start talking like the rest of the main stream politicians and make them think he is part of the status quo for the next 4 or 8 yrs and then run as president, have the media and 1% backing him and become president and then totally turn his back on them and give the country back to the American people. I'm pretty sure Rand was raised the proper way and gained the same beliefs as his dad and would never sell out for money unless he was secretly involved in a coup. Who knows? But I trust Rand and his dad and their decisions before most of the other politicians and the Paul supporters should be smart enough to figure it out.

Ive had this feeling for the past 6 months that if Romney becomes president, he will be the one to turn on those backing him now and give this country back to us. He is a flip flopper you know. Didn't JFK do something similar except it wasn't planned?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join