It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rand Paul endorsed Mitt Romney

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Well well well. Yet again more evidence that the Paul's are happy to just carve out their own little fiefdom in the Republican Party than bring real change. Rand never had any real libertarian credentials besides his father's last name and it shows.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by FSBlueApocalypse

A Republican Senator endorses Mitt Romney on Fox News you say?

This may just change the way I'm going to vote.

edit on 25-5-2012 by ILikeStars because: Ron Paul 2016! Four more years!!!

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by FSBlueApocalypse

It certainly sounds like an endorsement to me. Between Ron Paul's toning down on active campaigning, and Rand's little unofficial endorsement of Romney there, it's becoming more and more apparent that there is a Rand Paul presidential campaign in the works for the future to come. What did I say? huh?

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   
That was not an endorsement. That was an answer to a question about Business.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   
I'm a huge Ron Paul supporter but if Romney is endorsed by Ron.. then I say FU* to the entire establishment. Romney wont change anything for the better nor will Obama. Rand, your colors really are showing. Totalitarianism is arriving very soon. Hearing that from Rand just made me puke!

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

Not to mention the fact that Rand Paul just said that Ron Paul brought a lot of young people to the REPUBLICAN PARTY.

I don't think we have much more to wait for Ron Paul to tell his supporters that he is supporting Romney and that he is asking them to do the same.

It will be interesting.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   
The title of your thread is inaccurate. That was not an endorsement!

THIS is an endorsement...

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by hoochymama

"And So I think Governor Romney would be precisely the person I would want to turn around a failing business like our government." - Rand Paul
edit on 25-5-2012 by ILikeStars because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   
I don't think Ron will endorse Mittens openly because he knows the sheep that follow him won't shell out hundreds of dollars for fancy dinner parties or autograph signings otherwise. His absolute non-endorsement of Gary Johnson was all that was required.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by freakjive

The difference is tho; that was old news. The op revealed the new news. It is unofficial but gut-wrenching to say the least.
edit on 25-5-2012 by disfugured because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-5-2012 by disfugured because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

Not to mention the fact that Rand Paul just said that Ron Paul brought a lot of young people to the REPUBLICAN PARTY.

What is your point here? Ron Paul is running as a Republican.

In-fact,the Ron Paul movement is going to take the republican party back to it's roots and it cannot be stopped.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by freakjive

Yes, that video is from October 2011. Rand has changed his tone, and I don't blame him, I really don't. Given Ron Paul's position in the race, well behind Romney, and Ron Paul's nutty supporters scaring the hell out of Republican officials, it's not surprising that Rand Paul is coming out in support of Romney. He needs to preserve his prospects in the GOP for his future presidential campaign, and he will not make the same mistakes as his father did. Ron Paul also got the message, this is why he is gradually ending his campaign.

It will not be long before Ron paul officially drops out of the race, and Paul supporters will just have to pony up to this reality when it comes.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by hoochymama

True BUT, he did say Romney, Not his father is " exactly the kind of man who could turn the failed business of our Government around" I paraphrased a little but thats the gist of what he said.. correct me if I'm wrong.

WTF? Why Mit, Why not His Father?

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   

I don't think we have much more to wait for Ron Paul to tell his supporters that he is supporting Romney and that he is asking them to do the same.

It will be interesting.

Romney is a profesional corporate raider

it makes sense when you think about ideology -

Screwing over the little guy is called job creation and such

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   

I tell ya if I was a Ron Paul supporter, I would be deeply offended by this statement for a number of reasons. But Paul supporters are delusional, they'll just sweep this aside. Rand Paul may have just given away a campaign tactic between GOP officials and the Paul campaign to bring in more Paul voters into the GOP, the only missing piece now is a Ron Paul endorsement of Romney.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix

Because his father has minimal influence in the GOP, because Romney is well ahead in the primaries, because Ron Paul's looney supporters are jeopardizing Rand Paul's prospects for the nomination in 2016 or 2020. Rand needs to make it known that he is a team player.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   
I never liked Rand Paul, he is a too similar to mainstream republicans for my liking. He even has that used car salesman snake oil vibe. I prefer his father.

edit on 25-5-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix

Because his father has minimal influence in the GOP, because Romney is well ahead in the primaries, because Ron Paul's looney supporters are jeopardizing Rand Paul's prospects for the nomination in 2016 or 2020. Rand needs to make it known that he is a team player.

If that's true then Rand is no better than Romney and his father should take him out back and shoot him for the good of the country. Everyone being a team player is what's gotten us in the mess we are in and only a non conformist like Ron can even have a little chance of getting us out of this hell. Let Ron's supporters hurt Rands chances of running if that's the kind of guy he is, this country don't need him. Stupid boy didn't learn nothing growing up.
edit on 25-5-2012 by JohnPhoenix because: sp

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by freakjive

What is your point here? Ron Paul is running as a Republican.

In-fact,the Ron Paul movement is going to take the republican party back to it's roots and it cannot be stopped.

You're right, because many younger voters, like me, won't vote for the Republicans anymore unless they change. They have no choice if they want to be relevant in the future.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by ILikeStars

Exactly like I said. He was speaking in terms of business.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join