It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Our name is Legion for we are many. Most suffer from Legion (ego) disease

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   
I have seen the ego to be like a vast swarm of bee's. Each small tiny part is a different I, angry I, lustful I, needy I, happy I, seeking I, etc etc.

However, I have in direct experience seen that the ego is not me. That I am fundamentally prior to, observing during, and remain after the ego does its thing.

I have also seen, while closely watching others around me, that everyone suffers from these multiple I's. One day you claim a good mood, the next day you claim another mood, you make plans for Friday, but when Friday comes you dont feel like it anymore.

There are many philosophies and religions that claim there are various and multitudes of I's in us that need to be healed, seen for what they are, and let go of in order to be free.

I think when Jesus came across the fellow who said, "Our Name is Legion for we are many", it was actually the various swarm of ego/I's that live within the person, and to seek Christ, Enlightenment, Union with God, etc ...is to be free'd from this craziness.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Oh. I thought we did those things because we are human.

Anyway, that's weird how those egos jumped inside pigs and made them run off a cliff....
edit on 25-5-2012 by Hydroman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

Dear dominicus,

What about I am one thing today and learn and grow to be something more tomorrow, I am not who I was when I was 6; yet, I am still me. I am me evolving.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by dominicus
I have seen the ego to be like a vast swarm of bee's. Each small tiny part is a different I, angry I, lustful I, needy I, happy I, seeking I, etc etc.

However, I have in direct experience seen that the ego is not me. That I am fundamentally prior to, observing during, and remain after the ego does its thing.

I have also seen, while closely watching others around me, that everyone suffers from these multiple I's. One day you claim a good mood, the next day you claim another mood, you make plans for Friday, but when Friday comes you dont feel like it anymore.

There are many philosophies and religions that claim there are various and multitudes of I's in us that need to be healed, seen for what they are, and let go of in order to be free.

I think when Jesus came across the fellow who said, "Our Name is Legion for we are many", it was actually the various swarm of ego/I's that live within the person, and to seek Christ, Enlightenment, Union with God, etc ...is to be free'd from this craziness.

You're talking about different manifestations of the same idol..

SELF. And that dude must be cast down daily. It's what Christ meant by picking up one's cross and following Him. Dying, daily, and following Him.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   
It's hilarious when political refugees take up the legion mantra. They claim to be fighting the oppression of religion, however they're just forging more true christians.
This is why it's foolish to take up grievance with the divine father. You can't kill love and when you try, you just look uneducated and petty

new topics

top topics

join